***OFFICIAL IOWA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I'm not acting like anything. We have no idea what he would have done if things had been different. My thoughts are that Johnson didn't think there was another transfer player he could have gotten that would have made a big impact and decided to instead lock down Betts.

Again....CBJ presumably went down his list of transfer targets from top to bottom. He already took Samuels...who most agree doesn't belong on a Big Ten team. Yet here you are bitching that CBJ didn't take a Samuels fall back option rather than Betts. It's just a dumb argument.
By late July when he had Betts re-classify, there probably wasn't anyone in the portal that could help. The point is that he should have been far more aggressive earlier in the Spring/Summer instead of sitting on two scholarships.

"He couldn't get anyone who could help" is either not true, since he got 3 guys better than Samuels in 2021 when he was two months into the job, or it's a serious indictment of him as a recruiter. Either way, it's very poor roster management and construction. I don't know how anyone can argue it's not.

By late July when he had Betts re-classify, there probably wasn't anyone in the portal that could help. The point is that he should have been far more aggressive earlier in the Spring/Summer instead of sitting on two scholarships.

"He couldn't get anyone who could help" is either not true, since he got 3 guys better than Samuels in 2021 when he was two months into the job, or it's a serious indictment of him as a recruiter. Either way, it's very poor roster management and construction. I don't know how anyone can argue it's not.

Since he signed Samuels....it's pretty likely that the next guy on the list was plan B to the guy who was probably plan D. In other words....you're complaining for the purpose of complaining.

Learn to read - I clearly addressed that I y post.
This Salient point was the difference in their rankings coming out of HS and how Edey developed in his three years in college and I’m sure a hoops guru such as you would have slammed it as many.

What a Soggy 🧌 like you doesn’t get is that hard work is the great equalizer and players improve a lot all the time - hard workers understand that, average achievers not so much.
So we can now fall back on this for every recruit…because they will be hard workers.

Since he signed Samuels....it's pretty likely that the next guy on the list was plan B to the guy who was probably plan D. In other words....you're complaining for the purpose of complaining.
Samuels was at least as highly regarded as EJ Stephens or Luke Loewe were at the time they signed. They were both pleasant surprises. Samuels has been a disappointment though he's not as bad as some here make him seem.

To act like we know for certain anyone else we'd have signed would have sucked anyway is a huge reach. Maybe. But maybe not. The point is to give yourself as much depth and and as many options as you can. Especially at a position you're woefully short.

Samuels was at least as highly regarded as EJ Stephens or Luke Loewe were at the time they signed. They were both pleasant surprises. Samuels has been a disappointment though he's not as bad as some here make him seem.

To act like we know for certain anyone else we'd have signed would have sucked anyway is a huge reach. Maybe. But maybe not. The point is to give yourself as much depth and and as many options as you can. Especially at a position you're woefully short.

Even if it's a slim chance to improve a team that isn't going anywhere.....let's potentially miss out on a good high school recruit. Brilliant!

My comments have nothing to do with Ben. I am talking about players and whether a Top 20 five star recruit will improve the team or, as you say, will be a wasted scholarship because he is "redundant". I am quite confident in my judgment there in comparison to your lunacy.

For the record, I think Ben has done a great job in recruiting and a poor job of coaching.

I never said it is a wasted scholarship, stop trying to make up things I didn't say. I am happy Evans is coming here. He's not a consensus 5* top 20 recruit, only one site has him rated as that. He's still a big project with a high upside, that may or may not be reached.

Because of that, he's not likely to be a huge difference maker next season, especially with the way the roster is currently constructed. That is unlikely to change much heading into next season. There's no 'lunacy' about it, and Ben needs to win next season.

No he wasn't, not even close.

Even if it's a slim chance to improve a team that isn't going anywhere.....let's potentially miss out on a good high school recruit. Brilliant!
We weren't potentially missing him. But keep using that fake excuse. And they could still have used the second scholarship on Betts instead of Ramburg if that was an actual concern.

LOL ... You need a poll to show you what a child can recognize? Stay safe.
So, you got nothing but your own opinion. Here's a hint, don't say that others are saying something if you don't have any evidence.

I never said it is a wasted scholarship, stop trying to make up things I didn't say. I am happy Evans is coming here. He's not a consensus 5* top 20 recruit, only one site has him rated as that. He's still a big project with a high upside, that may or may not be reached.

Because of that, he's not likely to be a huge difference maker next season, especially with the way the roster is currently constructed. That is unlikely to change much heading into next season. There's no 'lunacy' about it, and Ben needs to win next season.
Redundant means waste. Redundant players mean wasted scholarships. In your world Christie is a wasted scholarship. We already have guys 6'6. Garcia was wasted. We already had a lefty.

So, you got nothing but your own opinion. Here's a hint, don't say that others are saying something if you don't have any evidence.
Use your head, once in your life. Is Minnesota basketball currently viewed as a good program or a bad program?

Redundant means waste. Redundant players mean wasted scholarships. In your world Christie is a wasted scholarship. We already have guys 6'6. Garcia was wasted. We already had a lefty.
In fact, Samuels has been the only scholarship that Ben has not wasted, in Weird Weather Gal logic. Samuels is bad enough to be unique, not redundant.

Dumb responses with no actual argument per usual.

And yes redundant does mean wasted. They currently exist on the roster, and have nothing to do with Evans or Christie. It's not difficult to understand.

Redundant certainly does not mean waste.

We weren't potentially missing him. But keep using that fake excuse. And they could still have used the second scholarship on Betts instead of Ramburg if that was an actual concern.

It's not a "fake excuse". What's fake is your outrage over not getting the backup plan to Samuels.

Let me get this straight...we can't complain about the guard situation because Johnson would only have been able to get someone worse than the guy who has no business playing B1G basketball? That's your defense? Johnson's players are so shitty he'd only have been able to do WORSE??

You're dedending for the purpose of defending.

Let me get this straight...we can't complain about the guard situation because Johnson would only have been able to get someone worse than the guy who has no business playing B1G basketball? That's your defense? Johnson's players are so shitty he'd only have been able to do WORSE??

You're dedending for the purpose of defending.
The defense is an indictment.

Pivoting to, Minnesota is a traditionally shitty program in 3...2...1...

Last edited:

Use your head, once in your life. Is Minnesota basketball currently viewed as a good program or a bad program?
Again, you're speaking out of your ass and you ask the rest of us to use our head. We are. You have no support. You have an opinion.

Dumb responses with no actual argument per usual.

And yes redundant does mean wasted. They currently exist on the roster, and have nothing to do with Evans or Christie. It's not difficult to understand.
Try again, Karine. You said Evans is redundant, a wasted scholarship. Live with your stupidity.

Again, you're speaking out of your ass and you ask the rest of us to use our head. We are. You have no support. You have an opinion.
What is your opinion of the national perception today of Gopher basketball.

Top Bottom