***OFFICIAL IOWA AT MINNESOTA CHRISTMAS DAY IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Always happy to be completely wrong about calling a Gopher loss. Huge game by Johnson to close it out.
Love cashing winning tickets. Said it before the season, no reason to not be top 4 in the conference. Iowa does not defend well enough to win it. Lets beat MSU, they are in disarray. Carr causes a ton of trouble for teams and he will slaughter teams that do not go over the top on a screeen or hard hedge.

Always happy to be completely wrong about calling a Gopher loss. Huge game by Johnson to close it out.

I have honestly never understood why people like to "call the game" before it's over. Or in some cases, before it's even started. Can anybody explain to me why people do it? Does it give them some sense of superiority or make them feel like they know the game better than everybody else when the team fulfills the expectation?

Seems to me, that's why they always play the game until the clock hits zero. Because you just never know. I've never understood why people do that. I know that if I ever called a game well before the clock runs out, or worse yet, before the game started, and turned out to be wrong, I would probably suspend myself from talking about my team for a month as punishment. :)

What an awesome game. Love to see Johnson take it over like that. Another huge shot from Carr. Boost that confidence and carry this forward!

I have honestly never understood why people like to "call the game" before it's over. Or in some cases, before it's even started. Can anybody explain to me why people do it? Does it give them some sense of superiority or make them feel like they know the game better than everybody else when the team fulfills the expectation?

Seems to me, that's why they always play the game until the clock hits zero. Because you just never know. I've never understood why people do that. I know that if I ever called a game well before the clock runs out, or worse yet, before the game started, and turned out to be wrong, I would probably suspend myself from talking about my team for a month as punishment. :)
People literally call the game before it finishes ALL THE TIME. It's not exactly a confusing concept - fans who are emotional will preemptively call the result to make themselves feel better.

Could we potentially start Johnson at the 3, move Gach to the 2 and then bring Kalscheur off the bench? I love Gabe's defense but I'd rather have an offensive threat in BJ on the floor for spacing.

We were down 7 with about 40 seconds to play. I'm sure there was a fair share of fans who called it. Shame for 'em
Games against Iowa at the barn are always wild. I felt oddly comfortable we still had a chance. That’s rare, but I can think of many instances where we miraculously beat Iowa at home.

Where was Tre tonight
I was thinking that all night. He could've definitely taken 10 mins from Gabe. I just hope he is healthy. Anyway, great win as a christmas day miracle has been delivered. Hope to see the same effort against MSU, we have a great chance to win.

Incredible win. Considering the circumstances, seems this W could pay huge dividends going forward in terms of making the team closer and giving them the confidence that they can contend with anyone.

Could we potentially start Johnson at the 3, move Gach to the 2 and then bring Kalscheur off the bench? I love Gabe's defense but I'd rather have an offensive threat in BJ on the floor for spacing.
Johnson and Ihnen are our only decent rebounders. One of them has to be on the court at all times. We could do it in small spurts but defensively we’d be a little slow.

Listened to the radio and was worried for Mike Grimm's health at times. PA and Bercich are really good but Spencer and Grimm are right there with them imo.

Clearly you are a superior human being. Yet, the odds makers do it despite your incapacity to understand. However, I would be thrilled if you suspend yourself.

People literally call the game before it finishes ALL THE TIME. It's not exactly a confusing concept - fans who are emotional will preemptively call the result to make themselves feel better.
I was actually talking about the threads that were going before the game started. I figured Iowa would win by 10+. I'm glad I was wrong.

Pleasantly surprised.
the first half was some of the best defense I've seen from a Gophers squad in quite a while. If they could have hit more shots, they could have easily been up by 15-20 pts in the first half.

then, when Iowa got going in the 2nd half - I will admit that I thought "that was it."

But, the Gophers surprised me by showing some fight and battling back.

Game wasn't perfect - can't give up that many offensive rebounds to a good team and expect to win a lot.

But the positives definitely outweighed the negatives.

However, given the Gopher's schedule, they can't afford to celebrate too long. two more really tough games next week.

This morning i asked my brother if vikes or gophs had a better chance to win today. He said vikes. Shouldve bet him.

Chico, common sense seems in short supply but you have just delivered what seems obvious to me...a ration of common sense. I enjoy your level headed posts. Cheers.

Johnson was huge. Robbins had a nice game to help neutralize Garza a little bit. Got our scores by 14 but I’ll take that. We got hammered on the boards but still won.

Why on earth do the McCafferey kids play? They suck.

Johnson was huge. Robbins had a nice game to help neutralize Garza a little bit. Got our scores by 14 but I’ll take that. We got hammered on the boards but still won.

Why on earth do the McCafferey kids play? They suck.
Connor maybe, Patrick no.

This comeback feels like a sequel to the Minneapolis miracle. Carr's shot to tie and Brandon Johnson going unconscious in OT, this was a very memorable game to say the least.

Impressive win! Really played well except for the rebounding. Garza just always seems to be in the right place at the right time. Carr is a stud, it was great to see others like Johnson get hot for once.

Top Bottom