***OFFICIAL IOWA AT MINNESOTA CHRISTMAS DAY IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I inagine Fran is going to take heat for not fouling Carr.

Games against Iowa at the barn are always wild. I felt oddly comfortable we still had a chance. That’s rare, but I can think of many instances where we miraculously beat Iowa at home.
They said on the broadcast that Iowa hasn't won back to back games in the Barn since 1982—83. Hard to believe.

Garza is very skilled. Big, strong, finishes well. To hold him to 32 on 27 shots? Makes Iowa super bearable.

Oh wow. I turned this off with about 1:38? left because the ending was taking too long, it looked like Iowa was about to win shooting a million FTs and i was holding up watching a movie with my old man. I'd still choose Dad but HOT DAMN, go figure. Hoping someone puts it on YouTube right away.

I guess what's confusing to me is how this makes people feel better.
Who knows, some irrational fear. After 7 plus decades of being in person of nearly a thousand games and more than that on TV i have seen many comebacks that seemingly were impossible. 5-7 POINTS IN 44 seconds is not that unusual. I saw Louisville ahead by 9 at home with 31 seconds left and they had the ball. They were up 5 with 3 seconds left and lost ! I watch for pure competitive entertainment and quality of the play.

Such a great game I have already watched the replay of the entire game twice. The Gophers look better each time I watch it.

Such a great game I have already watched the replay of the entire game twice. The Gophers look better each time I watch it.
[/QUOTE

Hope everybody noticed the job that Gabe did on Wieskamp. Pretty much shut him down except for a couple of times in the lane when Wieskamp used his size advantage to overpower Gabe for an offensive board. That's three straight games that Kalscheur has significantly slowed down the other teams best offensive player. He is the one guy that consistently does that virtually every game. That, his team defense and generally not making mental mistakes are reasons why he stays in my starting line-up.

I know that we have other guys who are physically capable of doing it (Gach, Tre, Mashburn-his size may limit him to guarding only 1's and 2's) but so far none of them has shown the consistency in
doing so yet. Since we apparently have plenty of offensive firepower on this team, I definitely want a guy on the floor who I can absolutely count on to always play excellent defense.

Last edited:

Was fun to see all the guys mob Johnson after the game. Looked like they were genuinely glad for him. Seems like good camaraderie on this team. Foremost cheerleader was Tre Williams.

Top Bottom