***OFFICIAL INDIANA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I have to say- I was wrong. It is almost certainly over for Pitino. This was the type of night that sends an AD looking and rightly so. For whatever reason the team has no confidence in their ability to put the ball in the basket. Gabe is a total lost puppy. 24% shooter now in 25-104 in Big Ten- that's as bad as it gets for a volume shooter. I seriously wonder if there is anyone who has shot as many threes in the country who is shooting that badly. I actually am just not sure if he is a Big Ten starter. Oturu loafed a good number of times up court.

Several games back the Big Ten coaches started to take away Oturu and Carr. Doubling Carr works fantastic because he doesn't pass out of it and burn them. Oturu is spending all of his time outside the paint. He needs another year and I would think his stock is dropping right now with scouts. He has gotten roasted two games in a row by the opposing center.

It's crazy how bad they are shooting but as it continues, it starts to go to the coach. Either the players just aren't good enough or he is not putting them into situations they can succeed in. You have to be able to get guys through this and Pitino is just not doing it. I love what I see in Ihnen and I cannot see why Demir sees as much time as he does at this point. Cut Ihnen loose and let him play through some things.

I still hold out some hope that they will put it back together and go on a run but, I just can't see it as likely anymore. Terrible night. The crowd was in a real bad mood at the end.

For the record, I believe this is the first game thread I've been on, win or lose. And I was here during the first half, when they were winning. Remember? You dropped in to shit on me.

All I've ever said was, Pitino hasn't gotten it done, ain't getting it done, and won't get it done. Which I think is pretty accurate. And for that, a few of you high-horse, "you ain't a fan unless you agree with ME" types have done nothing but attack me. Witness tonight's game thread.

You want to support crap? Knock yourself out. But STFU about the rest of us.

How typical for you to play the victim card. You're the most hypocritical poster on here and it ain't close ? .

I've seen you go after plenty of posters because not all of us feel the need to bash Pitino at every opportunity. Coyle is definitely looking for a new hire at this point so relax a little bud.

When I first posted the gophers needed to replace Pitino, you treated me rudely.

I didn't know you, i didn't offend you, I didn't call you out.......I simply said Pitino needed to be replaced. You basically went off on me. I don't know who the hell you think you are being this poor little me poster now.

You know what. I was right and you were wrong!

You
He's not a real fan so I wouldn't be surprised tbh.

If you go to his profile and look at postings, it's clear he has been all up in the game threads. Such a funny thing to lie about. Game threads are blood to USAF's vampire

I know you're not that dumb. He just coincidentally is not busy when we're losing, yeah?

To your second point, I'm a fan of the team. I am upset. I think the negativity midseason from a handful of posters who only surface when it fits their narrative really ruins this board. I probably should ignore them but it gets the best of me.

I never argued that Pitino was the be-all, end-all. I simply wanted to enjoy the Gophers winning games, which in turn meant Pitino was winning. I'm not going to cheer for losses because I want a better coach. Call it a different personality. I'd rather go blind and never be able to see sports again than be the kind of little bitch fan who comes to shit negativity on fellow fans on a message board.

Like I said earlier, I'm good with a change after this season. I saw a different body language tonight and it was sad. Hope Coyle can make another good hire.

And oh, I hope a change means Goldteam, USAF and GopherGangsta can STFU next year and let us enjoy the team.

You're right, I'm not that dumb. I'm that busy in real life. Tonight is the first game I have watched in over a month. I've deleted plenty of games off my DVR because the news reports have told me all I need to know.

I've been off the Pitino bandwagon since we had the worst season in a century. I just can't believe the obstinate stubbornness on this board to continue to support training wheels coach because of his name.

We are finally riding out the last shockwave of landmines that Norwood Teague planted in the athletic department.

Having a different set of criteria for an athletic program and sharing it is what message boards are about. "Shit(ting) negativity on fellow fans" is what happens when people are too self-righteous, self-important, self-centered, et al ego, to actually understand how discussion and debate works. Their egos keep each other from listening and understanding to what is being said and turn "discussion" into a series of tally marks.

I want to enjoy Gopher sports. I'm an alumni, so I can fall susceptible to the demon pride and that can tarnish the enjoyment in it's own way. However nothing is as caustic as the comments of how poorly regarded Gopher sports has been in the decades since I graduated (1986). Beaten animals fight back quicker than Gopher alumni do regarding Gopher sports. Yet Gopher alumni are masochistic enough to check in to see if anything has changed, which makes the beaten animal seem smarter due to a lack of loyalty. That loyalty is critical to the University's continued existence academically, athletically and institutionally.

The Men's basketball program is currently wallowing to find a handhold to pull itself up and many fans are realizing they don't have arms, much less hands to do it.

Consistently watching this team in the hopes they are being properly coached is a fool's pipe dream. I did it as a student with the Smokey Joe in the Dome and Carpetbagger Lou football teams. My alumni patience was born thin because of that.

You're right, I not that dumb. I'm that busy in real life. Tonight is the first game I have watched in over a month. I've deleted plenty of games off my DVR because the news reports have told me all I need to know.

I've been off the Pitino bandwagon since we had the worst season in a century. I just can't believe the obstinate stubbornness on this board to continue to support training wheels coach because of his name.

We are finally riding out the last shockwave of landmines that Norwood Teague planted in the athletic department.

Having a different set of criteria for an athletic program and sharing it is what message boards are about. "Shit(ting) negativity on fellow fans" is what happens when people are too self-righteous, self-important, self-centered, et al ego, to actually understand how discussion and debate works. Their egos keep each other from listening and understanding to what is being said and turn "discussion" into a series of tally marks.

I want to enjoy Gopher sports. I'm an alumni, so I can fall susceptible to the demon pride and that can tarnish the enjoyment in it's own way. However nothing is as caustic as the comments of how poorly regarded Gopher sports has been in the decades since I graduated (1986). Beaten animals fight back quicker than Gopher alumni do regarding Gopher sports. Yet Gopher alumni are masochistic enough to check in to see if anything has changed, which makes the beaten animal seem smarter due to a lack of loyalty. That loyalty is critical to the University's continued existence academically, athletically and institutionally.

The Men's basketball program is currently wallowing to find a handhold to pull itself up and many fans are realizing they don't have arms, much less hands to do it.

Consistently watching this team in the hopes they are being properly coached is a fool's pipe dream. I did it as a student with the Smokey Joe in the Dome and Carpetbagger Lou football teams. My alumni patience was born thin because of that.

Let's hope we can be fortunate enough to follow a similar arc as we appear to be on with the football program. Obviously this past season shows our fans will come back quickly when given some results. I do trust Coyle to make a good decision and great hire - much nicer feeling than the Maturi days.

And in the post-game interview, Pitino just said....and I quote....."this is a much better shooting team than they've been showing"

Based on what?

That's like me saying I'm a much taller person than I appear to be.
A lot classier than Roy Williams saying that his players weren't any good

And in the post-game interview, Pitino just said....and I quote....."this is a much better shooting team than they've been showing"

Based on what?

Good one. And I'm not as fat as I appear to be.

You

If you go to his profile and look at postings, it's clear he has been all up in the game threads. Such a funny thing to lie about. Game threads are blood to USAF's vampire

He sucks the life right out of these threads. He and his fellow Pitino haters crawl out of their holes with their pitchforks in almost every in-game thread.

Based on what?

It’s sad, but he has been saying that all year. Can you shoot really bad for an entire season and still be a really good shooter?

Hahahaha. This is the first game thread you've been on?? WTF. That is the most bold-faced lie I've seen on this board.
I have a total of 200 posts.
You

I have 200 total posts, you moron.

He sucks the life right out of these threads. He and his fellow Pitino haters crawl out of their holes with their pitchforks in almost every in-game thread.

LOL. The Indiana game thread was my first live game thread. I posted in the Iowa one AFTER the game.

You know who sucks the life out of this board?

Richard Pitino.

The first step to a successful shot is a great pass. Carr is a bottleneck when it comes to swinging the ball. If someone is open on the wing in transition, the ball rarely makes it there in rhythm for the shooter. The pass is usually a few seconds late.

LOL. The Indiana game thread was my first live game thread. I posted in the Iowa one AFTER the game.

You know who sucks the life out of this board?

Richard Pitino.
Time and a place for everything. Posting throughout the season to slam a coach after the bad loss and disappearing during a great game doesn't mean a person was right. It just means a person is a Patrick Reusse level dBag.

When it comes to the time in the year to have the discussion about the coach - which is after the year has played out(close enough). ...and the rest of us have always had the same sentiment but were just enjoying the season and hoping for the best does not mean a new coach was your idea. It means you - see paragraph 1.

The same people who are silent after the good and complain after the bad will be starting threads in a year saying they have "seen enough" of a new coach. Doesn't matter who it is.

All that being said. Im ready for the next phase here in Minnesota

All that being said. Im ready for the next phase here in Minnesota
LOL.

Blah, blah blah..."you were wrong! ... But I agree with you."

And for the record, comparing me to Reusse is a compliment. Best writer in MN sports history. Easily.

I have to say- I was wrong. It is almost certainly over for Pitino. This was the type of night that sends an AD looking and rightly so. For whatever reason the team has no confidence in their ability to put the ball in the basket. Gabe is a total lost puppy. 24% shooter now in 25-104 in Big Ten- that's as bad as it gets for a volume shooter. I seriously wonder if there is anyone who has shot as many threes in the country who is shooting that badly. I actually am just not sure if he is a Big Ten starter. Oturu loafed a good number of times up court.

Several games back the Big Ten coaches started to take away Oturu and Carr. Doubling Carr works fantastic because he doesn't pass out of it and burn them. Oturu is spending all of his time outside the paint. He needs another year and I would think his stock is dropping right now with scouts. He has gotten roasted two games in a row by the opposing center.

It's crazy how bad they are shooting but as it continues, it starts to go to the coach. Either the players just aren't good enough or he is not putting them into situations they can succeed in. You have to be able to get guys through this and Pitino is just not doing it. I love what I see in Ihnen and I cannot see why Demir sees as much time as he does at this point. Cut Ihnen loose and let him play through some things.

I still hold out some hope that they will put it back together and go on a run but, I just can't see it as likely anymore. Terrible night. The crowd was in a real bad mood at the end.

This.

And Ihnen can play. He can be a star.

LOL.

Blah, blah blah..."you were wrong! ... But I agree with you."

And for the record, comparing me to Reusse is a compliment. Best writer in MN sports history. Easily.

Now that the season is winding down it is time to make a move.

Stephen Bardo said on the broadcast that he did not like the Gophers body language today, and that it needed to change. Even non-fans are seeing it. This team played hard earlier in the season but whatever is going on now, they have given up, and if they aren’t going to try, that’s when I no longer care to watch them. Give me a bad team that plays hard any day over what we saw tonight.

That is what a coach gets paid 2 million bucks to achieve, it is as much mental as physical preparation and where experience is invaluable, you don't see many CEO's getting the top job with one year of experience, painfull to watch and a realisation that he hasn't improved much over the years. I fully expected to win these two games and be in a position to battle for an NCAA spot down the home stretch.

Going back to fall and exhibition game - I thought then what a horrible free throw shooting performance. Gabe goes 0 for 3 on one possession! He is biggest no show this year. That one official made 6 crap calls against us. Only way I think Pitino gets another year if oturo wises up and stays one more year - he needs it (Lamar Stevens PSU!) I get a kick out of people complaining about our crowd not getting into games. Lousy shooting, TOs will sap any home team crowd.

NW must be thinking win on Sunday!

Don't have much to say about last night's game other than...

Filing out of that building, I don't know when I've seen the fan base so low. The Iowa loss sucked a lot of juice out of people, and it showed in the attendance for this game. Where fans were conventionally upset after the game Sunday, I sense they feel beaten down now. That's a couple tough body blows within a few days.

Part of what's going on is that most fans are like us--they like Pitino and like the players and badly want them to succeed, but the feeling of continually rolling the boulder uphill is taking its toll. Prior to last night, it was compounded by the fact that they basically had the Purdue and Iowa games in hand before choking them away. Put those in the win column, and the season and the team's prospects have a completely different look--at least until last night, which seemed to strip the veneer away of something that looked like a capable team.

How about this stretch at beginning of second half!

Gabe misses 3, offensive board

Gabe misses 3, offensive board

Gabe misses 3, oturu offensive board and draws foul

Timeout!

Oturu misses 1st free throw

Oturu misses 2nd free throw, rebound indiana

Indiana 2 point basket!

If you dont just want to kill yourself at this point! How frustrating!

Say "I told you so" if you want. I'm no longer convinced that Pitino deserves another year as the coach of our program sadly. If Oturu comes back I'd like to see what he does next year with the whole starting lineup returning but Coyle should absolutely be looking for a home run hire at this point.

Say "I told you so" if you want. I'm no longer convinced that Pitino deserves another year as the coach of our program sadly. If Oturu comes back I'd like to see what he does next year with the whole starting lineup returning but Coyle should absolutely be looking for a home run hire at this point.
Nope - I am not going to do that.

If Pitino is fired I won’t be celebrating it like some on here think I might. Not because I don’t believe it’s deserving but it means once again the basketball program at the U isn’t where any of us would like it to be.

Top Bottom