Official "I Renewed My Gophers Football Season Tickets" Thread

renewed our group last night.

Renewed mine today (and bought one of the new football shirts) today. I feel like tailgating for the spring game already. Ahhhhh!!!!

Renewed our two today. 208...row 6 is exactly where I want to stay. We have some very nice neighbors there! I don't have to make a contribution to a "general contribution" fund...and get seat back comfort. That way, the money I donate to the U of M goes exactly where I want it to go. I guess I just don't quite trust some of the choices U of M administrators make for the money my wife and I contribute blindly with my ticket renewals. I don't always like what the administration does with the money...so I want to tell them where my contribution will go...I like to VERIFY first and trust my own judgment much more than what someone who works for the U may do with it...

; 0 )

Now that I'm a new season ticket holder, can someone let me know how I go about getting tickets to a Gopher away game? Will my ticket guy be able to assist with this?

I'm now a season ticket holder. Officially in the cool club.
Section 202 Row 9 seats 10-13

I re-upped last week. 2013 will be my 13th year as a season ticket holder.
I did it over the phone as I find the online version to be a pain. I did indicate I wanted an upgrade if possible. Last year I moved exactly 1 row closer in the exact same seats; not if I can just do this 20 more years, I will be in the perfect seats!
Rah!

I purchased 2 new season tickets this year. Finally moved back to Minnesota and will be able to attend every game.

Now that I'm a new season ticket holder, can someone let me know how I go about getting tickets to a Gopher away game? Will my ticket guy be able to assist with this?

You should be able to buy road game tix directly from the Gophersports.com website, or thru your ticket person if need be. But I don't think you'll be able to buy thru the U until near the start of the season, when the allotment amounts from each road opponent are doled out. Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this folks, it hasn't been my turn to buy road tix for my group's annual road game in quite some time.

Finally re-upped my group of tickets. Already counting down the days!

Nokomismod - If I remember right, away game tickets go on sale through the ticket office around late June. All tickets are the same price and your seat assignment within the school's allotment is ultimately determined by your Gopher Points.

I finally renewed my tickets today and made my annual donation, can't wait to be back in 117 after spending last season in London!

I took care of the matter yesterday, back in section 142 for my 23rd year as a S/T holder...

I bought new season tickets yesterday as a young alum - I had student tickets all 4 years of college but these are my first "real" season tickets! I'm excited - Go Gophers!

I took care of the matter yesterday, back in section 142 for my 23rd year as a S/T holder...

I have tried a couple of times to move from 142 to the sunny side, but I no longer want to. 142 is close to everything I need: Entrance/exit-concessions-beer concessions-bathroom-store...

I have tried a couple of times to move from 142 to the sunny side, but I no longer want to. 142 is close to everything I need: Entrance/exit-concessions-beer concessions-bathroom-store...

Having had season tickets on both sides, I strongly support staying on the home side. The fans on the away side are very itinerant (leading me, at least, to be annoyed by very casual and/or opposition fans), and while it's warmer in the early part of the season, it's nice to have a windbreak (and shelter depending on where you're sitting) in the later portion.

I finally renewed my tickets today and made my annual donation, can't wait to be back in 117 after spending last season in London!

Can't wait to have you back this year! We've made a nice addition to the tailgate this year....an ambulance, or should I say an "M"bulance!

I sounded the Shofar and will see if we are in for 3 or 4 this year. we may have lost a mate

Having had season tickets on both sides, I strongly support staying on the home side. The fans on the away side are very itinerant (leading me, at least, to be annoyed by very casual and/or opposition fans), and while it's warmer in the early part of the season, it's nice to have a windbreak (and shelter depending on where you're sitting) in the later portion.

The home side is terrible. Don't go over there. In fact anyone in the non-donation chairbacks on the home side should move. There's nothing better than sitting in the warm sun.

The home side is terrible. Don't go over there. In fact anyone in the non-donation chairbacks on the home side should move. There's nothing better than sitting in the warm sun.

Terrible??? You're bitter - You must have tried to get tickets on the home side and can't.

"Sunny Side of the Street" is a great song and a great place to sit.

I really like my little corner near the student section on the home side. After the first three years in 133, I was finally able to inch closer to the center of the field with a move to 135 last year. My ultimate goal is seatbacks in 137 or 138. I'm trying for a move again this year but expect to be back in 135.

In terms of being cold, my Mom always had the best advice: When you are outside, you can only take so much clothes off, but you can always put more on. I have been to every Gopher game played in TCF Bank Stadium and all have been spent on the shady side. I haven't been cold yet. I'd rather put on an extra layer in late October, than sweat and apply sunscreen in September. But that is me. To each their own.

Just renewed my tickets this morning and with another potential move to a private tailgate lot for next year, this could be an excellent year of Gopher Football fun for me. Not to mention an improved team to cheer for.

I love the visitor side. It’s closer to where I tailgate and easier to move around. The concessions are better on the home side, but I rarely eat at the games anyway. I wouldn’t trade the sun in November for the shade in September.

I've sat on the home side for the past 4 years minus a couple games. I'd rather not have the sun in my eyes or roast on hot days. When I know it's going to be cold I just layer up. I sit on the aisle in 243 (non-donation) right across from 242 (donation), so I'm living the champagne lifestyle on a beer budget.

I've sat on the home side for the past 4 years minus a couple games. I'd rather not have the sun in my eyes or roast on hot days. When I know it's going to be cold I just layer up. I sit on the aisle in 243 (non-donation) right across from 242 (donation), so I'm living the champagne lifestyle on a beer budget.

I've had ZERO problem with the sun in my eyes. The sun is too high during games to matter in regards to blinding you. I, like others have stated, would not want to ever sit on the shaded side, yet to each their own.

I get too hot in the sun, too cold in the shade, but on average I am just right.

Finally got around to renewing. We'll be in our same seats of section 246, Row 1 that we've had since opening day. Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom