***OFFICIAL GOPHERS VS OHIO HOMECOMING IN-GAME THREAD***

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thanks for losing the game for us James.

I guess I have to repeat myself on the idiocy of some people. This statement was made just after the start of the 4th quarter.Dude, you need to take a long cold shower.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Fantastic stuff today. Great turnaround. This is what I expected the past two weeks. Gotta keep it rolling.

Great win and certainly a more exciting game than last week. But man, it seems one part of our game is always lagging behind. Hopefully it all comes together for Northwestern - they're going to need it. Defense looked bad on many plays today. And special teams...yikes.

The offense, for once, wasn't the problem today. But I'm not naive enough to believe that one game against a MAC team is a sign that we're in the promised land.

Will always take the win and there were some positives to build off of, but barely beating MAC teams like this is not something to be overly optimistic about. Mitch played better but he still has to be more consistent. Thank goodness their DB dropped that Int. on the last drive. At least they are winning these types of games. In the past they would have lost this one. Here's hoping they get their act together for next week because the types of mistakes they made today will cost them games in Big10 play.

The offense, for once, wasn't the problem today. But I'm not naive enough to believe that one game against a MAC team is a sign that we're in the promised land.
I am ! Drink the kool Aid. We actually have an offense and Leidner was very good. A lot of injuries today though.

There were a lot of injuries to key players on the D today. Still, D didn't have a very good game. Special teams play was also pretty bad. But the O was rolling! that was great to see.

3-1. Let's get after Northwestern next week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy to win.

This team is not very well coached right now.

Never thought I'd agree with that statement, but it ain't far off. To give the coaches some credit, they're relying on a lot of inexperienced players right now. James is one of them. Others include 2 TE's, Connor Mayes, Ayinde, two RB's, 3 WR's. Hell, even Poock and Bobek haven't played meaningful FB in a long time. I think this team will get better as the season goes on. It sure ain't pretty right now, though.

Happy to win.

This team is not very well coached right now.

Special teams was an absolute disaster. Marcus Jones was a trainwreck back there, but they kept sending him out to field punts. Now James has replaced him and it's more of the same. They got very lucky to win today.

One thing is for sure the future looks bright in the backfield. Smith and Brooks both look legit. Both are freshman as well.

It is 4:30 am in my part of the world. I think our O D & St play up to our opponents just to keep us up, in my case, and active on Gopherhole. Looking forward to the the "official" D & St threads next week. Wish chat was up. Cheers all!! nice posts...have a good weekend.

I am ! Drink the kool Aid. We actually have an offense and Leidner was very good. A lot of injuries today though.

The offense looked beyond horrible the first three weeks. And it's not like they looked as good this week as they were bad the first three. They did exactly what a Big Ten team with division title aspirations SHOULD do to a MAC team - no less, but certainly no more, either. It's going to take a lot more than one competent performance to convince me that this unit is going to be good enough against Big Ten teams.

Especially if we want the Axe this year.

22 of 32 for 264 yards and people will still piss and moan. I stand by my belief that Minnesota won't be happy till their QB is All Big Ten.

And I wanted Croft to play today, but at least I know when to shut up.

Special teams was an absolute disaster. Marcus Jones was a trainwreck back there, but they kept sending him out to field punts. Now James has replaced him and it's more of the same. They got very lucky to win today.

It makes one wonder what has to occur to make it into the dog house. The coaches do seem to have their favorites and give them myriad chances. James is a doppelgänger for Marcus Jones. It's hard to understand. Punt returns are one of the most important jobs on the team.

Top Bottom