***OFFICIAL GOPHERS VS OHIO HOMECOMING IN-GAME THREAD***

Kill just said defense is decimated with injuries, does not sound good

Man, we need a bye week. It's been unreal this year with the injuries. Two starting TE's haven't played a snap. Very significant time has been missed at S, CB, OL. This is like NW a couple years ago.

@DanOwen247: Kill mentions that all of the punt return guys are injured except for James, which may explain why a change wasn't made #Gophers

@RyanBurnsMN: Kill: "We struggled on punt returns and because of injuries Craig (James) was the only one we had." Boddy and Hardin were the backups.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@DanOwen247: Kill mentions that all of the punt return guys are injured except for James, which may explain why a change wasn't made #Gophers

@RyanBurnsMN: Kill: "We struggled on punt returns and because of injuries Craig (James) was the only one we had." Boddy and Hardin were the backups.

That makes it tough. Still though....what about KJ Maye?

Well it would be a good idea to practice Jeff Jones at punt returning. His shiftiness would be great as a returner.

Well it would be a good idea to practice Jeff Jones at punt returning. His shiftiness would be great as a returner.

Shiftiness means nothing if you can't catch the ball.

There's a reason why Marcus Sherels keeps coming back as the Vikes PR man every year. The coaches trust him to catch the ball. If you can't catch it, you can't return it.

I'm sure there will be multiple guys who will be getting reps after today. I don't care if it is someone who is slow. Just want someone who can call a fair catch and catch the ball.

Based on?

I'm basing this off of not seeing any practices or anything, but James looks a bit rattled. I understand that kick and punt returns are very different, but Myrick has enough experience that I think he could do well. Brooks looked impressive on his 1 kick return and seems explosive enough to make something happen. And I'd like to see Jones get some more action on the field. This seems like an ideal opportunity for him to make something happen and prove he should be out there. Again, Kill and his staff know more than I do. My last post seems a bit aggressive, I was a bit flustered after the fumble.

May have good hands, but a bum ankle, apparently

Top Bottom