***OFFICIAL GOPHERS VS NORTHWESTERN IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Booohoooo

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

No kidding. Every second we slowed the game down today mattered in the end. Sour Grapes PF.

Did anyone else see the hold on Wilson also, on nws last td? Terrible no call. And the pi call on Myrick? Bad. Receiver stopped the route. Once he did that, ball was uncatchable.

The main difference between this year (and perhaps last year too) and years past is that these Gophers are good enough and are coached well enough to overcome the same ol' bullsh1t that would have destroyed former Gopher football teams.

Gotta focus and win the next two games, and then gun for the end of season run.

No kidding. Every second we slowed the game down today mattered in the end. Sour Grapes PF.

The fox and the chickens have very different ideas on henhouse management.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

Booohoooo

I'd like to know the full quotes but if he really is upset with that, my response would be "the refs spent half the game looking the other way at your obvious holding."

Also gotta give the crowd credit. It looked like the student section filled up pretty good and they were pretty loud throughout.

It's very cool to finally (after Brewster) see this team come back to contention. A big win and another large step in the right direction. Even though Dr Don doesn't prefer a tasty bloody mary recipe :) it was a very good day on GH.

Exactly. It wasn't a great game by the defense but we also expect a lot out of them, especially compared to year's past. The "glass half full" part of me sees that we won despite a lot of mistakes. If we recover that fumble in the first half they may have only scored 10.

Anyone else see the holding on Cockran in the end zone on that 3rd down conversion by NW in the 4th quarter? The RT even made it obvious as he threw his hands up in the air afterwards like "I didn't do anything". That's the sign of being guilty. We should have three safeties in the past two games.

My buddy I was watching the game with, a Husker fan brought that up immediately. He also didn't agree with the hit on the QB.

Have always liked the Wildcats, starting with their mid-90s Rose Bowl squad. They play tough, intelligent football and make life difficult for the opposition. A very nice win over a tough Northwestern squad this afternoon. Now, the guys have to make sure there is no letup against Purdue next week.

I'd like to know the full quotes but if he really is upset with that, my response would be "the refs spent half the game looking the other way at your obvious holding."

He was complimenting Minnesota's effective offensive game plan.

He's irked that his team didn't control the tempo like they prefer to do. It really is a backhanded compliment.

I didn't hear it, but that's what I would've guessed too, just by reading it. I thought it was kind of funny, actually.

If I'm not mistaken, the Gophers are now 6-2 in their last eight BIG TEN games.

I've always liked NW. Maybe it's because they are like the Gophers........not really expected to compete. Fun to see the underdogs shock the helmet schools. The Gophers haven't really had that opportunity yet.....but NW has. They've built a good foundation. Fitz is a great coach and a class act. His last quote sounds like sour grapes.....but I won't hold it against him. This was an important game and it was swung by a kickoff return. That's tough to swallow.

This is a big win. I thought Leidner played well. Now we need to take care of business against Purdue.

This was an awesome game. Leidner looked good aside from his interception. The defense gave up some yards but didn't give up any big plays, and we had an awesome go ahead special teams touchdown.

Now hopefully the fans can relax for a couple weeks and get a few easy wins.

Booohoooo

Its funny because its true. Got to be frustrating to a team that wants to run tempo. Even when we go three and out we keep their offense off the field for 10 minutes.

Its funny because its true. Got to be frustrating to a team that wants to run tempo. Even when we go three and out we keep their offense off the field for 10 minutes.

jNW had the ball more than us today

Anyone see a link/video for the post game interviews?

I've always liked NW. Maybe it's because they are like the Gophers........not really expected to compete. Fun to see the underdogs shock the helmet schools. The Gophers haven't really had that opportunity yet.....but NW has. They've built a good foundation. Fitz is a great coach and a class act. His last quote sounds like sour grapes.....but I won't hold it against him. This was an important game and it was swung by a kickoff return. That's tough to swallow.
My sentiments as well. Hard not to cheer for the smallest school in the conference. I hope they run the table.

Top Bottom