*** OFFICIAL GOPHERS-UNLV GAME THREAD ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

probably.....I'm two quarters ahead! lol

Anyone else see the crawl that the game is on BTNtogo next week? Is that going to be the only broadcast?

Its 100 degrees on the field and we are wearing dark on dark. Good call there.

Eh, those uniforms are all so light and all. No problem.

Its 100 degrees on the field and we are wearing dark on dark. Good call there.

It's too hot, it's too cold...Minnesota and our weather excuses. It's hot for them too and they came out strong, why can't we start a game strong?

the darker the color the heat gets absorbed......

Obviously a horrendous start, but I've gotta think we'll wear them down as the game progresses and our depth takes over. That said, you hate to be losing to a team like this at any point in the game -- it doesn't inspire much confidence. From a schematic point of view, I doubt our staff expected them to come out throwing as much as they did on the first series, nor did they think Sherry would be as accurate. The routes were extremely simple little combo routes that are easily defended if one is in the right sets, so I'm sure we'll look better defensively as the game goes on. I'm slightly more worried about the offense. We haven't looked at all in sync quite yet...

LOL....I run a lacrosse team in Houston. There's a reason why we wear white! :)

I'm trying to see how we're improved over last year, but I'm having trouble.

The coaching staff needs to trust these defensive backs a little more......

I think we're behind them, coaching-wise, so far. They're way ahead of us so far.

I am not surprised but this still really sucks. Horrible crowd too.

Is there a reason why we're playing so far off the ball? Because they're definitely taking advantage with short slants & routes...

Maybe Jerry is looking to tell the media that we are "awfully young" so it doesn't look as bad...

Never been so pissed for the start of a game before. We look lost

The coaching staff needs to trust these defensive backs a little more......

This. No idea why we're sitting in a soft coverage like this. As Mason pointed out earlier, they're just running combo routes with a slant and a flat route under it. With just a CB sitting at 7 yards, he needs to choose which guy to cover as we don't have a flat player. Choose the slant, SHerry throws the flat...and vice versa. It's been candy from a baby. We need to be in C2 or pull a LB out of the box to cover the flat. I'm obviously not a college defensive coordinator, but this is painful to watch. There must be a reason we're not defending the flat...

metrolax, quitcherbitchin and shut up, for God's sake.

we should be challenging them right on the line, not give them a clean route. We're helping them too much.

The coach in me comes through too much sometimes! lol

Some people need to trust the coaching staff. They're at least as smart as you, and adjustments are being made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom