*** OFFICIAL GOPHERS-IOWA GAME THREAD ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Step on their throats and put them away in the first half.

High-low look again by Elliot! Love him and Trevor together put there!

We have confidence ... don't confuse anything going on here with anything but confidence ...

Our biggest offensive problem is that our guard's aren't in positions to do what they do best.

Everytime I see Joe Coleman get the ball on the perimeter in position to take an open 3 and he passes on it, all I can think is "why isn't Austin there instead?"

If Coleman and Austin switched positions in the offense how much better would their skills be utilized?

Coleman should be using his athleticism to drive and kick coming from the wing. That alone would open up Dre and Austin for more outside shooting, while simultaneously giving them lanes to attack for mid range jump shots. Coleman is a 3 that doesn't shoot the 3, I can't help but feel that this fact is limiting what the team does on offense.

Call it wishful thinking, maybe, but the way Iowa's first shot of the game clunked short and ugly - i think we're finally going to play a team that doesn't make 40%+ of their threes.

I'm always careful to not draw too much after the first part of the game.

On another note, gotta laugh at ExtenZe getting some commercial airtime during the game lol.

Oto with 2 nice entry passes. Maybe having size outside might serve a purpose.

This zone could kill us. Uh oh.

Gotta keep playing strong D.

Our biggest offensive problem is that our guard's aren't in positions to do what they do best.

Everytime I see Joe Coleman get the ball on the perimeter in position to take an open 3 and he passes on it, all I can think is "why isn't Austin there instead?"

If Coleman and Austin switched positions in the offense how much better would their skills be utilized?

Coleman should be using his athleticism to drive and kick coming from the wing. That alone would open up Dre and Austin for more outside shooting, while simultaneously giving them lanes to attack for mid range jump shots. Coleman is a 3 that doesn't shoot the 3, I can't help but feel that this fact is limiting what the team does on offense.

Look at how they are being defended. This has a lot to do with scouting and knowing the personnel you are up against.

Did Elliot shoot a three? I'm kind of far from the TV and it's in standard definition, might have been Oto. I think it was Elliot, and with some of the longer range 2's he's been hitting, I'm not as incredulous at seeing him take that shot late in the shot clock.

Starting to have some issues with the HC trap..... :(

I still cannot figure out how tubby has no answer for any type of zone... we have long athletic players at every position....

Quit running the set top of the key BS and run though the wing and free throw line extended... kick to Dre and Austin for threes if it breaks down...

Sigh, I think Iowa has scored 9 unanswered now.

Quote my post about confidence ....

"Zone?!?! Oh no we struggle against zone!!! "

Does it feel like the Gophers are the only team that has several points during the game, where a guy dribbling the ball under no more than moderate pressure, nearly falls over for no reason at all?

What happened there, did they call Austin for a travel? I didn't catch it.

They did, but I thought he was still dribbling...

That is the type of foul that should be intentional. Trevor mugged

Why not Welch at the point instead of Ahanmisi??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom