Official B10 Western Division Champs Thread - Golden Gophers

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
We win today and keep going straight through to Indy.

Why?

Tanner is rounding into the 2019 version; of course he struggled early in the season he was dealing with his Father’s illness/death. That affects anyone let alone a college age male and he has his now fiancé’s love to heal him and help move forward with his life.

D is much improved - we have a legit Line and even a viable rush (thanks Thomas, Boyd & the Boys).

CAB’s injury gave MBS & BFS some more targets and a chance to shine - we’re good with our receivers.

Bryce never stopped 🚣‍♂️ - true team guy! Inspirationally Elite.

I trust all is our Special Teams/Forces finally!

the disgruntled left - good. a few rotten 🍎 Can spoil the whole barrel. If players aren’t happy then we’re better off with them not in the boat 🛶— all oars need to be going in the same direction for success, negative emotions bred negative energy and comments and can be toxic and rip through a team - better safe than sorry IMO.

Bowling Greene 🥰. Needed loss for the program - u can’t play a flawless game one week and not be laser focused the next. All that needs to be said is 🎳 Greene for focus hereafter. “You wanna run with the Big 🐕, you need to learn to pee in the tall grass.” - curtesy of my Iron Range Grandpappy - good enough for him, works for me!

There are many more reasons, but these are the ones bouncing through my head today - feel free to add!! Troll 😈 and other ugly internet creatures feel free to start another “why we won’t version” if u must.

Go Gophers All The Way To Indy!!!’

Last edited:

Apparently it only takes one half of competent offense for delusions of grandeur to set in.

Let’s not forget how bad the offense looked in the second half of that game. I need to see some consistency in the playcalling before I start thinking the Gophers will have a winning B1G record.

Apparently it only takes one half of competent offense for delusions of grandeur to set in.

Let’s not forget how bad the offense looked in the second half of that game. I need to see some consistency in the playcalling before I start thinking the Gophers will have a winning B1G record.
Apparently you're a Negative Nancy with limited reading comprehension -

There are many more reasons, but these are the ones bouncing through my head today - feel free to add!! Troll 😈 and other ugly internet creatures feel free to start another “why we won’t version” if u must.

So when we win the West, you'll come back into my thread an apologize for you lack of Fleck Faith? I will if I get it wrong - Deal or No Deal?

Why?

Tanner is rounding into the 2019 version; of course he struggled early in the season he was dealing with his Father’s illness/death. That affects anyone let alone a college age male and he has his now fiancé’s love to heal him and help move forward with his life.

D is much improved - we have a legit Line and even a viable rush (thanks Thomas, Boyd & the Boys).

CAB’s injury gave MBS & BFS some more targets and a chance to shine - we’re good with our receivers.

the disgruntled left - good. a few rotten 🍎 Can spoil the whole barrel. If players aren’t happy then we’re better off with them not in the boat 🛶— all oars need to be going in the same direction for success, negative emotions bred negative energy and comments and can be toxic and rip through a team - better safe than sorry IMO.

Bowling Greene 🥰. Needed loss for the program - u can’t play a flawless game one week and not be laser focused the next. All that needs to be said is 🎳 Greene for focus hereafter. “You wanna run with the Big 🐕, you need to learn to pee in the tall grass.” - curtesy of my Iron Range Grandpappy - good enough for him, works for me!

BGSU is a valuable lesson for the players and staff.

That is so funny. I'm growing 3 Carolina Reaper plants now. I have the chillis, but they aren't ripe yet. They look exactly like that but green. AAAAAAAAnd no, I'm not dumb enough to eat a whole one. Just more for the fun of growing something like that.

Why?

I'll have what he's having

Iowa lose to WI next week and we beat them in 3 weeks….we’re in 🙌

We need to be WI fans next week!

My main concern right now is this: You know how Fleck doesn't like Frosty or Brohm and gets his jollies by sticking it to those squads? I think Krabby Kirk feels the same way about PJ.

Why?

I agree, this season is certainly promising and has been fun to watch so far! I would slightly disagree with your WR statement, other than CAB I’m skeptical but maybe Stephens-Brown can change my mind in the slot if he gets healthy from that big hit today and they use him more. You left out the OL as they are the core of this offense and the best group I’ve ever seen in Gophers uniforms.

I agree, this season is certainly promising and has been fun to watch so far! I would slightly disagree with your WR statement, other than CAB I’m skeptical but maybe Stephens-Brown can change my mind in the slot if he gets healthy from that big hit today and they use him more. You left out the OL as they are the core of this offense and the best group I’ve ever seen in Gophers uniforms.
Fair point about the WRs and a great addition with the OL - I knew I forgot something when I was posting it - thanks!

Go Gophers!

Worth noting:

The Gophers (who were mere 5 point favorites) won a game today going away — 34-16, to be exact — largely by pounding our opponents into submission, rushing for 326 yards and controlling the clock for almost 38 minutes.

TresselBall — now appropriately called FleckBall — is a winning philosophy.

Worth noting:

The Gophers (who were mere 5 point favorites) won a game today going away — 34-16, to be exact — largely by pounding our opponents into submission, rushing for 326 yards and controlling the clock for almost 38 minutes.

TresselBall — now appropriately called FleckBall — is a winning philosophy.

Be careful giving a team too much credit for how they do against Maryland.

National talking heads did that with Iowa after they crushed Maryland.

Since that game Iowa has been exposed on offense and defense.

The gophers also beat Purdue fairly easily. Purdue beat Iowa by 20 or something like that. Your point or lack there of is unimpressive.

The gophers also beat Purdue fairly easily. Purdue beat Iowa by 20 or something like that. Your point or lack there of is unimpressive.

If you consider beating a team by 7 when they have the ball at your 27 yard line with 1st & 10 with 55 seconds left a "fairly easily" win your point or lack there of is equally unimpressive.

Last edited:

Yeah. Be Careful. Be very, very, verrrrry careful. Oooooo, so careful.

Top Bottom