Official 2022 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

Sounds like Vega Ioane is choosing between us, Penn State, and Washington. I haven't heard of anyone else or any rumblings of a surprise but never know.

Hopefully Brick got involved when hired and he can pull this one out for us!!

Hopefully Brick got involved when hired and he can pull this one out for us!!
He working for us now?

maxresdefault-1544719286.jpg

I have a bad feeling that losing two coaches from our recruiting office will curtail the 2022 NLI for the Gophers.

I have a bad feeling that losing two coaches from our recruiting office will curtail the 2022 NLI for the Gophers.
As usual you’re just trolling around trying to get folks ticked off. One of the two wasn’t even on staff here anymore and the other wasn’t a “coach” in the literal sense.

His comment makes no sense at all. Really no clue what he is trying to get at or what possible impact he thinks a couple behind the scenes recruiting people leaving (one wasn't even on staff) would have.
I think that he was just trying to induce a reaction from us. The semantic content of his post was "null"

Last edited:

40 minutes to Ioane commitment, would love to see us grab another big man for the interior

As usual you’re just trolling around trying to get folks ticked off. One of the two wasn’t even on staff here anymore and the other wasn’t a “coach” in the literal sense.
Right. It was a back-office position. Someone handling logistics, setting things up, etc.

No offense meant by that, gotta start somewhere and work your way up.

Bummer, would have been a nice addition to the class but kid has to make the decision he feels is best for his future and clearly he felt PSU was the best fit.

Disappointing end to 2022 recruiting.

when Fleck was hired to improve recruiting, if someone told you that the 2022 class would rank behind the 2017 class in terms of rank relative to the results of Big Ten teams, would you have believed it?

2017: 12th ranked class, 12 average rating
2022: 13 ranked class, 13 average rating

Disappointing.

Disappointing end to 2022 recruiting.

when Fleck was hired to improve recruiting, if someone told you that the 2022 class would rank behind the 2017 class in terms of rank relative to the results of Big Ten teams, would you have believed it?

2017: 12th ranked class, 12 average rating
2022: 13 ranked class, 13 average rating

Disappointing.
As others have said, a lot has changed in those 5 years. Class size is important. Extra year of eligibility is a factor, and transfer portal is important. Nebraska and MN are bringing in a lot of portal transfers and that will affect your class size. Recruiting the portal is also a data point for evaluating recruiting. Seeing those numbers is disappointing, but it's like saying Harbaugh is interviewing on Signing Day, when we all know 99% of players signed in December.

Keep winning Fleck and it will mean you know how to recruit, develop and coach players.

Top Bottom