Official 2022 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

Running Backs get the most pounding and are injured most often.

The six RBs in the Running Room plus Zach Evans coming in as a Freshman is not enough after seeing five Gopher RBs out of commission last season. We don't know how Mo and others are after returning from injury. Taking an extra RB makes sense.

3Trey PottsRB5-11210R-So.Williamsport, Pa. / Williamsport
4Mar'Keise IrvingRB5-10190Fr.Chicago, Ill. / Hillcrest
21Bryce WilliamsRB6-0215R-Jr.Sarasota, Fla. / Cardinal Mooney
24Mohamed IbrahimRB5-10210R-Sr.Baltimore, Md. / Our Lady of Good Counsel
25Preston JelenRB5-10210R-Jr.Prior Lake, Minn. / Prior Lake
31Kendall MooreRB5-11195R-Fr.St. Paul, Minn. / East Ridge
Hey, I'm always "late to the party", so could someone tell me what happened to a walk-on named Max Grand RB from Ellsworth WI. I take it he's no longer with the Gophers. Thanks much.

Hey, I'm always "late to the party", so could someone tell me what happened to a walk-on named Max Grand RB from Ellsworth WI. I take it he's no longer with the Gophers. Thanks much.
He's an incoming freshman..... Isn't even on campus yet
But is a walk on

He’s a 2022 commit.

He is listed on the signing day roster. I completely forgot that he is a second RB in the class as a PWO. Zach Evans is on scholarshp.

Thank you 😊. I hope he becomes the biggest regret the Badgers have had in a while.
Wasn't he a Mr. Football or something like that in WI? Derik LeCptain was a star in HS in WI.

I see thanks...no one ever mentions him when they talk about our RB room.
Hopefully Grand enrolls in Summer School, gets acclimated to campus and summer workouts and drills. That will get him ready for fall camp, and less stress when you knock out some classes before the fall. Makes it easier to adjust to college life, and pace of life and the day to day time management stuff. I wrote this without seeing the 247 article. Looks like Grand is already planning on starting this Summer. Good athletes come out of that program in Ellsworth,WI, hope coach Burns and the older guys take good care of this guy.

Last edited:

Nice size - Rivals has a profile and video. Only other offer was St. Thomas, but solid tackler from the safety position, and Rivals listed him as linebacker. One thing on his film, it appears he may not have the B1G level speed he may need, but is a solid addition as a PWO.

FWIW, Jack Pyburn is now rated 5.8 on Rivals. Miami bound?
Interestingly, that makes him tied with Smith and Bixby as our highest rated "recruit". Funny, I seem to remember a number of questions about his other offers/lack thereof on this board.

But really, hard to not see this as a positive. The staff got in early on a player who blew up, but ultimately really wanted to stay in Florida.

Interestingly, that makes him tied with Smith and Bixby as our highest rated "recruit". Funny, I seem to remember a number of questions about his other offers/lack thereof on this board.

But really, hard to not see this as a positive. The staff got in early on a player who blew up, but ultimately really wanted to stay in Florida.
It’s not a positive when he doesn’t sign here.

It’s not a positive when he doesn’t sign here.
Why? There are hundreds of recruits every year that are not going to sign with us. If a kid really wants to be closer to home, I want our staff to have made a good evaluation early and at least have the best possible shot.

Saw a tweet that Bixby had his last day of HS. He’s not an early enrollee. Is he just lifting and preparing?

Saw a tweet that Bixby had his last day of HS. He’s not an early enrollee. Is he just lifting and preparing?
Interesting. I wouldn't think he is lifting and preparing at the U due to regulations. Could be lifting etc. at his high school or home to bulk up, get stronger etc., for fall.

Interesting. I wouldn't think he is lifting and preparing at the U due to regulations. Could be lifting etc. at his high school or home to bulk up, get stronger etc., for fall.

I feel like I read somewhere that due to the illness he had this past year (which I believe cost him part of his season), he was gonna need some time to focus on bulking up before coming to campus

Top Bottom