Official 2021 Gophers Football Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no "cost" for doing a virtual visit, so I feel less confident that a recruit agreeing to spend a few hours of a day on one with a P5 school means as much as an in-person unofficial visit. But I could be very wrong!

True, but we know how persuasive Fleck can be, so any chance he gets to spend time with a recruit and their family is a good thing for us. Heck, just a high rated kid like Kelvin tweeting that he had a great experience with the U has to look good to other recruits. All good publicity.

I read one interview that Kelvin said he is looking for the school that will be the best fit for him, he doesn't care where that school is located. So at least distance shouldn't be working against us if that's the case.

fwiw. Two 'low confidence' crystal balls to PSU for Buddin. Only MSU and PSU listed as 'Warm' now, which I believe is a recent update.

There is no "cost" for doing a virtual visit, so I feel less confident that a recruit agreeing to spend a few hours of a day on one with a P5 school means as much as an in-person unofficial visit. But I could be very wrong!

no, but in same case, they're not going facetime/zoom whatever for shits and giggles with coaches if they're not even a little interested

Sad to see that Jamari Buddin may have moved on from us. On the bright side it looks like Albert Regis will be getting a bump to 4 star in 247sports soon.

Sad to see that Jamari Buddin may have moved on from us. On the bright side it looks like Albert Regis will be getting a bump to 4 star in 247sports soon.

Someone else texted me about Regis becoming a 4-star. I see him as an 88 on 247's own rating. What is indicating that he will become a composite 4-star?

We will have our hands full hanging on to this guy!

Someone else texted me about Regis becoming a 4-star. I see him as an 88 on 247's own rating. What is indicating that he will become a composite 4-star?
Don't think he'll be a composite 4 star, but as an 88 on 247 Sports he is already a high 3 star in their rankings. Burns has already stated in one of his podcasts that he would be banging the table for Regis to get bumped up to 4 star (90 or higher).

247 guys like giving recruiting bumps, keeps people interested

I think its funny people care if Regis is 4-star. If he can play, he can play.

If they make him a 4 star to keep people interested? good for him/them. I hope they get the page views to make it worth their time.

I think its funny people care if Regis is 4-star. If he can play, he can play.

If they make him a 4 star to keep people interested? good for him/them. I hope they get the page views to make it worth their time.

For any given guy not sure I care, but good for them.

I like to see overall crooting improvement and for that I'm happy to use some sort of stars / composite / magic overall numbers and in that case I'm happy to see those go up.

fwiw. Two 'low confidence' crystal balls to PSU for Buddin. Only MSU and PSU listed as 'Warm' now, which I believe is a recent update.

I'm cooling on him ....

Unless he becomes intrested again then we'll talk... but don't tell him I told you that ... just sort of mention that you think I'd be interested... if he was ...

If it justified I hope they do it, otherwise no.

Gonna disagree there. The higher the rating the better from a perception standpoint. The reality the difference between a low 4* vs. high 3* is negligible at best, but from a perception standpoint that 4* next to a kids name adds a lot of value to him for some fans.

In the end, the more 4* kids we end up with in the class the better because that is how a lot of places will view the quality of the class.

Good recruiting + Good Coaching = wins (5 - 9)

Recruiting rankings + Gameday + Social Media +etc. = Increase national perception

Increased national perception = 1st choice recruits vs. 2nd, 3rd.......10th choise recruits.

National perception + good recruiting of elite athletes + Good Coaching = Top 10 finishes and CFP.

Do recruiting ranking make the biggest difference - NO. If they did NE would be awesome every year. However, it helps to go next level.

Jus
t my thoughts

Don't think he'll be a composite 4 star, but as an 88 on 247 Sports he is already a high 3 star in their rankings. Burns has already stated in one of his podcasts that he would be banging the table for Regis to get bumped up to 4 star (90 or higher).

I looked up Regis on ESPN and Rivals, and I'm confused--easily done. I know.

On Rivals, he's listed as being 6'1", 290, and they rate him at 5.5. But as a TE not a DT.

ESPN rates him a 78 as a DT, #37 at his position (247 rates him as #36 at DT). But they list him as being 6'2", 260, which is significantly off from 247 and Rivals.

I know it doesn't matter in the long run, if he's good, he's good. But at this point, how much stock can anyone put into the rankings of Rivals and ESPN as they relate to the 247 composite?

I looked up Regis on ESPN and Rivals, and I'm confused--easily done. I know.

On Rivals, he's listed as being 6'1", 290, and they rate him at 5.5. But as a TE not a DT.

ESPN rates him a 78 as a DT, #37 at his position (247 rates him as #36 at DT). But they list him as being 6'2", 260, which is significantly off from 247 and Rivals.

I know it doesn't matter in the long run, if he's good, he's good. But at this point, how much stock can anyone put into the rankings of Rivals and ESPN as they relate to the 247 composite?

If I remember right he has just recently made the switch over to defense but could be wrong on that. As for heights and weights, wouldn't put a ton of stock in any of those high school provided numbers ever. Only way to really know is if they are at some camp or combine that does an official measurement.

Regis deleted his commitment posts from Instagram and Twitter. He’s a high probability to flip, IMO.

Interesting to read. I give them kudos for explaining the "why" for the ranking change, but as I read the "why" it made me realize even more how much they are just guessing.
The stock market went down today because sellers outnumbered buyers!

Regis and Eastern both got bumps to 4 Star. I still see Regis' tweets and re-tweets of others re: his commitment.

Interesting to read. I give them kudos for explaining the "why" for the ranking change, but as I read the "why" it made me realize even more how much they are just guessing.

Definitely interesting to read their thought process and see the justifications for why they moved a kid up or down. The sad part is that the number next to the kids name really influences they way a lot of fans feel about them as a prospect when the reality is they are just guessing and projecting in a lot of cases.

Still, the more of our guys that end up with 4* next to their name the better because it certainly helps in perception both locally and nationally.

Regis deleted his commitment posts from Instagram and Twitter. He’s a high probability to flip, IMO.

Hopefully you're wrong but it does happen both ways. Kid looks like a really nice prospect though so hopefully Fleck can keep him in the boat.

Hmm. I still see the header on his Twitter says "4-Star @ The University of Minnesota" - which based on today's news would seem it would have been recently updated.

Hmm. I still see the header on his Twitter says "4-Star @ The University of Minnesota" - which based on today's news would seem it would have been recently updated.

He left that up there all along. He deleted his commitment tweet and Instagram post about a week ago. He is talking to other schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom