Official 2021 Gophers Football Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to have Jackson back on board, kid looks like a heck of an athlete. 2021 is shaping up to be one heck of a class and it feels like the best is still to come.

Now just need some big guys. Mahlman and others the U is calling. Great position players make the OL look better. OL does not look as good without a stud QB, RB and WR. We have those now just need the OL help. We have great coaches, we have a great line right now, just need some tanks to sign on the dotted line and join this party.

Jackson and Irving have both said they’re going to the same school. Keep an eye on this one.

Our Illinois pipeline continues to be very strong. Would love to see this kid jump in the boat as well. Assuming everyone signs in December the number of 4* players on our roster is looking like it is going to get a really nice bump.

Our Illinois pipeline continues to be very strong. Would love to see this kid jump in the boat as well. Assuming everyone signs in December the number of 4* players on our roster is looking like it is going to get a really nice bump.

Irving has made his decision already, he's just keeping it under wraps at this point. I'm hearing to expect a late spring/early summer public announcement from him.

Now just need some big guys. Mahlman and others the U is calling. Great position players make the OL look better. OL does not look as good without a stud QB, RB and WR. We have those now just need the OL help. We have great coaches, we have a great line right now, just need some tanks to sign on the dotted line and join this party.

Seen Mahlman show up a few times in this thread recently. Is there any indication we could flip from Wisky?

I think I read an analysis somewhere this weekend that said DE wasn't really as much of a need this class as compared with DT. Same with OLB compared with ILB.

With D'Marion Alexander announcing tonight and Najee Story seeming to be down to Minnesota and PSU for his two faves, do we take them both in this class if they want to join? Hard to turn down 4-star DEs and obviously Alexander has some really good offers too.

We're absolutely raiding Illinois this year. Already have the 6, 7, 17, and 20, with a great shot at adding the 5, 12, 16, 18, and 23 rated recruits. Illinois currently has 0 in state commits.

We're absolutely raiding Illinois this year. Already have the 6, 7, 17, and 20, with a great shot at adding the 5, 12, 16, 18, and 23 rated recruits. Illinois currently has 0 in state commits.
Illinois will be getting nobody. Northwestern is the one who is missing out on these guys. With the exception of a couple of these guys being downstate, the rest of them are right in northwestern's backyard.

Minnesota should absolutely pursue Jaelen Gill now that he's in the portal. 3 years remaining and would be an ideal slot receiver in this offense.

I think that the Gophers have a good chance to get Story. PSU has 7 offers out to strongside DE's who are rated higher than Story. I don't know whether the SEC is a draw to him; so I have no idea if Tennessee is a serious contender.

D'Marion Alexander is almost a given to the UofM.

Najee Story would be another nice addition. Were stacking up on DE it seems with this class and last class.

It's a 4 star guy every other day it seems committing to the UofM. Insane. PJ is killing it!

This boat is filling up fast!

Now if only they can flip Mahlman to the Gophers...

His recruiting has exceeded my expectations at the U. An 11-2 season has really elevated it, and will make them a lot more sticky to the Gophs. He does not pull in all of these last few 4* at 8-5 for 2019 record including a win in a middling bowl game. Maybe gets one.

Jackson and Irving have both said they’re going to the same school. Keep an eye on this one.

Where did you hear this? (Not saying you're wrong, just hadn't heard it myself). Thought Burns said in the article he wrote a week or two ago that they weren't a package deal, but just good friends.

Either way, I'm sure it doesn't hurt in Irving's recruitment to get Jackson. Would love to get Irving too, with the rate of injuries and offense we run, and PJ's tendency to rotate multiple backs, would love to get a solid running back in every class.

Three of top-5 in B1G are currently West teams...

Looking through the class so far for the Gophers, couple things that caught my eye:

Dino Kaliakmanis is now listed as an Athlete when you click on his profile rather than a receiver. I think a lot of people assumed that he would be switching positions but interesting to see it on there.

Deven Eastern has skyrocketed rankings. 247 has him as an 89, so nearly a 4 star. Pretty incredible for a guy who committed when he was unranked.

Crumpley seems to have a lot better offers than his ranking would indicate.

Devon Williams looks like a stud. I know the Dickerson commitment was the same day, but surprised he didnt get more attention when he committed.

Junior Alexander and Philip Riley moved down from the top target section. Riley looks like a lock to Virginia Tech, and just found Alexander's high school QB is one of the top (#1 Pro Style) in the country and committed to UW, probably doesn't help our chances with him. Was hoping that the Ortiz commitment would have had a little more leverage with them, but can't complain about the recruiting at all!

His recruiting has exceeded my expectations at the U. An 11-2 season has really elevated it, and will make them a lot more sticky to the Gophs. He does not pull in all of these last few 4* at 8-5 for 2019 record including a win in a middling bowl game. Maybe gets one.

PJ Fleck talks the talk and walks the walk. He says and does everything every parent of a recruit wants to hear.

I like the idea of shooting for the National Title in his vision statement when he took the job. By golly, he may just do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom