Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Robinson seems like lock based on his other offers, lack of other visits, and the fact that he decomitted from purdue after warriner met with him.

I'm thinking the new defensive coordinator is looking for DBs that fit his new system better.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I don't get that feeling. I don't have any inside knowledge, I just think they would be happy with Layne or Creamer...although I don't know if things went south with Creamer with the whole Iowa visit thing. I just don't feel like they're passingon them due to ability or scheme fit.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

List?

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So who is confirmed as on the Gopher list so far for PWO's? And who are some possible targets that are likely or possible additions?

Am I the only person extremely concerned we literally have 1 center right now? I know the kid from lakeville will possibly be a PWO but this is real odd. Maybe someone should tell Fleck we go through 2-3 centers every year here. Just look at last year. 3rd stringer starting the Holiday Bowl. I have complete faith in the current staff, especially the OL coach. But this has been a huge concern for me since Kittrell was no longer coming here. One would assume a G is switching to C.

Am I the only person extremely concerned we literally have 1 center right now? I know the kid from lakeville will possibly be a PWO but this is real odd. Maybe someone should tell Fleck we go through 2-3 centers every year here. Just look at last year. 3rd stringer starting the Holiday Bowl. I have complete faith in the current staff, especially the OL coach. But this has been a huge concern for me since Kittrell was no longer coming here. One would assume a G is switching to C.

One of the guard commits said he is playing Center here.

Too bad JC Hassenauer cannot grad transfer to Minnesota from Alabama since he is just a junior in 2017.

The elite of the elite!

I don't follow TGH that closely but I'm guessing your not buying into PJ. Why don't you take your toys and go home? What's done is done, deal with it positively if you are a real Gopher fan.

One of the guard commits said he is playing Center here.

I assumed it seemed pretty obvious a G was switching. Thanks for the info. Should be a real interesting 48 hours starting tomorrow. Hopefully we have a couple more late visits coming.

I assumed it seemed pretty obvious a G was switching. Thanks for the info. Should be a real interesting 48 hours starting tomorrow. Hopefully we have a couple more late visits coming.

At least 2 of the existing line have experience at center including Mayes who was one of the highest ranked center recruits when he signed here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delich is a very good PWO add. That kid will play.

Too bad JC Hassenauer cannot grad transfer to Minnesota from Alabama since he is just a junior in 2017.

Sorry hungan but he's a senior next year. I wouldn't take him anyways- he made his bed. Now he can sleep in it on the sidelines.

I don't follow TGH that closely but I'm guessing your not buying into PJ. Why don't you take your toys and go home? What's done is done, deal with it positively if you are a real Gopher fan.

We all must buy into PJ to comment on recruiting? New rule? Huh. Good rule.

We all must buy into PJ to comment on recruiting? New rule? Huh. Good rule.

Beavergopher doesn't even act like a Gopher fan. 99% of his comments are snide putdowns or sarcastic remarks about a player or coach. He should go to the OSU board and stay there.

As per a question someone posed: PWOs so far: QB Jaran Roste, Ath. Mike Delich, DT Quinn Coughlin, WR Reid Hilbelink, WR Joe Russell...

Thank You!

As per a question someone posed: PWOs so far: QB Jaran Roste, Ath. Mike Delich, DT Quinn Coughlin, WR Reid Hilbelink, WR Joe Russell...

I appreciate the info!

Anyone watch the tape of the DT from Kentucky coming in this weekend? Very impressive quickness for a guy that size. Looks like his hometown is a random little one off in the middle of nowhere so not sure about the competition

A quick reset with a few days remaining until NSD.

We have 3 Early Enrolees-

We currently have 19 'Hard Commits"--I see all of these sticking, but who really knows.

And Creamer is "soft"--

That puts us at 22/23.

My questios are:

Do the early enrolls count to the 28 max?
Where do the remaining schollys go?

It looks like they are holding out for Armstrong as a WR
2/3 DB-s (prob a couple CB ) (Love the height of the visitors 6-2, 6-1)
2/3 DL (Robinson seems the most certain, then Mafe) Silver might be a failsafe at 6-4 could he also be a DE?? Schirck seems to be an interesting visitor, could they try to flip him as a PWO?

Seems like we probably got room for 6 more guys. I'm pretty sure this Gopher staff isn't going to be getting outworked in the next 5 days or whatever. It'll come together. I think we have one or two who are not announced as of now.

Schirck seems to be an interesting visitor, could they try to flip him as a PWO?

This is an interesting one to me too. Could see an offer for him as guy we'd use in traditional 43 fronts but I also don't know if you have the numbers to offer him right now. Plus it can be tough to justify offering a 1AA commit down the stretch. Can look like a panic move

My questions are:

Do the early enrolls count to the 28 max?
Where do the remaining schollys go?

It looks lik
e they are holding out for Armstrong as a WR
2/3 DB-s (prob a couple CB ) (Love the height of the visitors 6-2, 6-1)
2/3 DL (Robinson seems the most certain, then Mafe) Silver might be a failsafe at 6-4 could he also be a DE?? Schirck seems to be an interesting visitor, could they try to flip him as a PWO?

Yes the early enrollees count towards the 2017 recruits.

My top remaining targets for last scholarships are Jafar Armstrong, Ihmir Marsette, Samuel Barnes, Boye Mafe, Royal Silver and Austin Schirck. I don't think Creamer lands here, so that opens up an extra spot.

Silver is definitely fast enough to play End, but he's a big body at 290 lbs right now. Could rotate based on the scheme, I guess. I find Schirck intriguing since Paup thinks he can make the leap to the B1G.

The one we haven't really discussed much in this thread is Marsette: http://247sports.com/player/ihmir-marsette-45572798

Was a Rutgers commit until earlier this week, and is receiving a lot of interest from Iowa as well.

High praise for sure

Beavergopher doesn't even act like a Gopher fan. 99% of his comments are snide putdowns or sarcastic remarks about a player or coach. He should go to the OSU board and stay there.

He's probably not any more constructive there.

Sorry hungan but he's a senior next year. I wouldn't take him anyways- he made his bed. Now he can sleep in it on the sidelines.

With his championship ring on. I doubt he has any regrets.

Top Bottom