Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Seems like a lot of churn this week. I appreciate that the coaches not only are doing all of these follow up visits to their current commits, but that they're being open about it and keeping it in the news, and creating a constant buzz around the program. I feel like that's a change from the previous regime.

It really helps to invest in the recruiting process by having a Learjet at the coaches disposal.

You can't build a luxury car status on a Yugo budget.

It really helps to invest in the recruiting process by having a Learjet at the coaches disposal.

I swear Fleck's been visiting 3 different states a day since coming here.

No doubt he is an indefatigable Red Bull transfused sleepless recruiter. How can kids and their parents say no with this guy in their living room. He can sell Ludefisk to non-believers.

I can barely keep up reading about all the recruitin' hubbubs the most entertaining in years.

No doubt he is an indefatigable Red Bull transfused sleepless recruiter

And it's not just him, the entire staff has been zigzagging their way across the country. I'm already a huge Coach Mo fan.

How much did the budget go up for recruiting when PJF was hired?
Good to see them making the financial commitment.

How much did the budget go up for recruiting when PJF was hired?
Good to see them making the financial commitment.

I'm not sure but shortly after Fleck was told the figure, he was seen here:

tumblr_mlcjmyszR71qjeigjo1_500.gif

Well, according to 24/7, Bolds is no longer visiting this weekend and has dropped to an "interested" status with us. I was really hoping we could pull him in. Hopefully there is still time. We could use a big boy like that.

With the amount of travel that the entire staff has done this past week it just seems like there had to be an increase in the budget, because I don't recall this much travel from Kill/Claeys staffs during these final weeks.

Well, according to 24/7, Bolds is no longer visiting this weekend and has dropped to an "interested" status with us. I was really hoping we could pull him in. Hopefully there is still time. We could use a big boy like that.

No visit = he isn't coming

With the amount of travel that the entire staff has done this past week it just seems like there had to be an increase in the budget, because I don't recall this much travel from Kill/Claeys staffs during these final weeks.

Given the situation and it being Fleck, I think it's more a case of the media coverage being much higher...there always seemed to be a push at the end from the last two staffs.

Trey Creamer has revealed that he's visiting Rutgers this weekend, in case anyone cares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting how many recruiting battles are going on between the Gophers and Rutgers. I would be shocked if Creamer still came here.

Trey Creamer has revealed that he's visiting Rutgers this weekend, in case anyone cares.

So if we had to assume the 10 are not back on the field next year, who do we have in the defensive backfield? Seems like it is getting thinner each day.

Hopefully we can get some of the accused cleared and hold on to some of these wavering DB's.

So if we had to assume the 10 are not back on the field next year, who do we have in the defensive backfield? Seems like it is getting thinner each day.

Hopefully we can get some of the accused cleared and hold on to some of these wavering DB's.

Be open to the possibility that more level heads prevail and penalties are substantially reduced or expunged.

Be open to the possibility that more level heads prevail and penalties are substantially reduced or expunged.

I agree...hoping! But with the kangaroo court at the U, I would not be at all surprised if all ten were gone.

I agree...hoping! But with the kangaroo court at the U, I would not be at all surprised if all ten were gone.

I would be - Antonio Shenault is recommended for probation. I would not be at all surprised if the other 9 were gone.

I can't see them expelling players that were not at the apartment that night.

I don't believe the EOAA recommended expulsion for those players who were not known to have sex with the victim. I highly doubt the appeal would result in more severe consequences.

This thread is about to turn into another conversation on the suspended players. We are leaving the posts directly above in the thread as they stemmed from a question about recruiting, but will delete any after this post to ensure this thread stays on topic for 2017 recruiting.

While I, certain PJ got an increase to this important budget, perhaps Kill/Claeys were less vocal on social media about what they were doing.

There is only one wavering DB left. Layne is long gone.

I'm thinking the new defensive coordinator is looking for DBs that fit his new system better.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Well, he could have said he wasn't visiting and I still would have assumed he was.

Top Bottom