Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Up to #27 in the scout rankings. Granted that is skewed because we have 25 commits but still. Wow.

Some people would say they were wasting their time, given his impressive offer list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some actually said offering those guys means nothing until they come visit here - but you just go at it anyways.

RTB [emoji571]?*♀️[emoji571]?*♀️[emoji571]?*♀️[emoji571]?*♀️[emoji571]?*♀️

Just need to get Armstrong, Beck, Warren and keep one of Layne or Creamer and this will be Elite

Some actually said offering those guys means nothing until they come visit here - but you just go at it anyways.

I'm not sure why you think a player would visit if they don't have an offer. The two go hand and hand. (Pun is intended)

Chambers was previously considering taking an OV to Ole Miss even after his commitment.

Handy-Hollen was a big position of need. As would be Beck. I didn't think there was time to significantly improve our recruiting class this year, but I was wrong.

RTB [emoji571]��*♀️[emoji571]��*♀️[emoji571]��*♀️[emoji571]��*♀️[emoji571]��*♀️

I get the row boat but nothing else here makes sense to me

Anyway - great recruiting day.

Preferably 2 of the 3 out of Bryson Jackson, Creamer and Layne.

Creamer is solid now it sounds like. Is Layne in WF this weekend? Need to keep him and get Beck. Armstrong and Warren would be awesome bonuses, but they will be pretty tough to sway in my opinion, especially Warren.

I wonder if anyone is still holding onto the belief that Fleck is no better a recruiter than Claeys. Some were still around less than a week ago.

I'm not sure why you think a player would visit if they don't have an offer. The two go hand and hand. (Pun is intended)

I don't think that. You are missing the backstory here. I have made some comments about how wet some get when a guy we offer is highly rated/committed elsewhere. Just offering some highly rated/committed guy is a big yawn for me until they visit. Of course I was then tagged as not thinking anyone who already has other offers would ever come here and it is a waste of time to even do so. And thus, the really clever post you saw above.

I wonder if anyone is still holding onto the belief that Fleck is no better a recruiter than Claeys. Some were still around less than a week ago.

I remember a number of folks thinking his early WMU flips were no better than TC's recruits. Would be really tough to argue the players he has signed since aren't higher rated and better on paper. Will be really fun to see what he can do after a year to recruit a class.

What is the story with Boye Mafe? He was originally visiting the U this weekend. Did we cool on him?

Rutgers has offered, and Jerry Kill visited him.

We need WDEs don't we?

I remember a number of folks thinking his early WMU flips were no better than TC's recruits. Would be really tough to argue the players he has signed since aren't higher rated and better on paper. Will be really fun to see what he can do after a year to recruit a class.

Especially if he has a decent year. The thin depth chart at db might prove to be a blessing a few years from now.

I was one of the skeptics. Very happy to be proven wrong.

What is the story with Boye Mafe? He was originally visiting the U this weekend. Did we cool on him?

Rutgers has offered, and Jerry Kill visited him.

We need WDEs don't we?
It seems like a numbers issue, they're running low on available slots, they may have others rated higher and are keeping him in a holding pattern. That's just my guess anyways.

I can't wait to see what the next couple classes look like also. We will definitely be consistently much higher than ever before. Hopefully the talent evaluation matches the recruiting ability. I'm sure it will.

Does anyone have a sense of what Fleck's attrition rate was at WMU? I'd like to believe that if he's preaching character and social responsibility, as well as firm dedication to the program, that the recruits that are buying into that message are ready to walk the walk once they arrive on campus. I imagine there has to be at least a few who arrive and realize that they're not able to keep up (or put up) with the rhetoric. I'm hopeful that the guys we're picking up now at this late stage in the game are ready to buy in to that message and make the commitment. It looks like it would be exhausting if you weren't bought in.

Got another commit apparently

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Top Bottom