Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Goblirsch crystal ball has Glover committing to Penn and Joshua Fedd-Jackson to NC State. I know these aren't always accurate but I hope he's wrong about Fedd-Jackson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not only Carpenter needs a scholarship...I can't imagine Cashman not getting one. We have 3 early enrollees so we will sign 25 and I would be surprised if any of the 10 play football at Minnesota. Winfield's dad says he's transferring no matter what. Perhaps Shenault...he was only put on probation. But Fleck has said he wants a culture change. Western Michigan folks said that players will leave which is part of how Fleck changes the culture. We might not have 85 scholarship players this year.

I don't disagree on guys in the same boat as Winfield transferring, but wouldn't they do that by Tuesday (when classes start) so they could get to another school and get started there academically?

From the chart, regardless of what happens to the 5 up for expulsion and the other 5 who are up for suspension/probation, it looks like we need to recruit a few more CB's and S unless we are moving a few WR to those positions and are able to keep Creamer and Layne

So what happened last night? I doubt this is about Goldy's national championship

John Schaekel:
What an ELITE night for Gopher Football!

So what happened last night? I doubt this is about Goldy's national championship

John Schaekel:
Gopher hockey did beat Michigan.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk.

John Schaekel:

Harry Van Dyne was scheduled to be in town so maybe it has something to do with that?

Noah Gindorff was on a visit with the Gophers as well yesterday

Great post. I brought up Carpenter, but somehow forgot about Cashman.

As for the 10 players involved in the scandal, the way their names have been dragged through the mud (not here to debate how deserving or not that is), I don't see how they stay regardless of the appeal hearing. Aren't most just appealing to be in good standing (records-wise) with the school so they have an easier time transferring?

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

It would be shocking if there are not available scholarships for these two by this summer. There are always a couple of people who transfer and I'd expect a few more than usual this year (coaching change). If you add that to the 10 players suspended/expelled, there will be two scholarships available.

Cashman won't get his until this summer. If he got it earlier, it would count against our yearly total.

It would be shocking if there are not available scholarships for these two by this summer. There are always a couple of people who transfer and I'd expect a few more than usual this year (coaching change). If you add that to the 10 players suspended/expelled, there will be two scholarships available.

Cashman won't get his until this summer. If he got it earlier, it would count against our yearly total.
Dumb question- same scholarship count applies to Carpenter too if given before this summer?

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

John Schaekel:
I thought it was in reference to the newly announced coach

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

What's he being recruited as? TE or DE?

Most schools are recruiting him as a TE & I believe that is what the Gophers are looking at him as. Though if the Gophers end up signing all four of Bursch, Paulson, Umlor and Gindorff I wouldn't be shocked to see some of them switch position to DE or even a DT like Stelter at some point as all four are athletic 6'5-6'6 athletes who could grow into other positions.

John Schaekel:

I just looked, Goldy took 2nd. Or did he win in a different category? I see we won in dance again though...

http://www.varsity.com/uploads/events/eventid_2012/files/Mascots_DivisionIA.pdf

That seems to point to older results. This has Goldy winning this year...

http://tv.varsity.com/article/50458-uca-uda-college-mascot-results-2017#.WHmLnPkrJpg

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Didn't understand why the old staff wasn't recruiting him guess it was too late.

I think this has more to do with Paulsen committing, it was definitely out of left field, than Gindorff legitimately preferring NDSU over us. We probably wouldn't have offered if we knew we were getting a Paulsen commitment.

We have a lot of bodies at TE already.

They needed a couple of TEs this class. Plus a number of these guys could play several positions. DE, DT, or possibly even OT. Umior is huge. Would not surprised to see him at DT or OT.

I think this has more to do with Paulsen committing, it was definitely out of left field, than Gindorff legitimately preferring NDSU over us. We probably wouldn't have offered if we knew we were getting a Paulsen commitment.

not how noah portrayed it on twitter & radio. we will see how it plays out. ndsu qb and te took ndsu over purdue & rutgers and the becker ol kid Radunz had a missouri sec offer. so thats some recent history over ndsu over p5 schools

im surprised fleck/minnesota hasnt done much pwo offering to local mn kids yet. (claeys sure didnt)

thats how gophers could gain more momentum in the state in my opinion, oh well.

If he's having bilateral shoulder surgery he may not get one let alone play this year

not how noah portrayed it on twitter & radio. we will see how it plays out. ndsu qb and te took ndsu over purdue & rutgers and the becker ol kid Radunz had a missouri sec offer. so thats some recent history over ndsu over p5 schools

im surprised fleck/minnesota hasnt done much pwo offering to local mn kids yet. (claeys sure didnt)

I mean, we don't really need any more momentum in state. We've pretty much been getting the best kids for a few years now. We don't need another tight end in this class. Bursch and Paulsen are good prospects, 3 returning players will be seniors, and we have Kieft and Witham.

The Claeys/Kill staff sure did.

Why do people keep putting Stelter in With TE moving to the defensive line? I played against him in high school, and he was a DE and on the offensive line?

Top Bottom