Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Stay tuned, in the next few days we could see a lot of new recruits added to the defensive side. Which other Arkansas defensive coaches will follow Smith to Minnesota? And then which Arkansas recruits will follow those coaches?

looks like Kam White and Kendarian Handy-Holly were both recruited by Jay Sawvel. hopefully they continue with their schedule visits even after Sawvel stays or goes

So we just hired the defensive coordinator from Arkansas and Kyrei Fisher just committed there.. Hmm...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure Kyrei Fisher enrolled early and has already signed with Arkansas.

Wow. That is absolutely not what I said.

I was saying that when Claeys class filled out (to 21) the rankings would have went up. It was a critique of team rankings. Are you just pretending to not get it?

Yep, spot on.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure Kyrei Fisher enrolled early and has already signed with Arkansas.

Fisher signed a financial-aid agreement, which is binding for the school but not for the player. He's still on the open market until and unless he attends a class, and their spring semester begins next Tuesday, 1/17. That being said, I doubt he flips back to the U. It is interesting, nonetheless, that Smith was his primary recruiter.

Fisher signed a financial-aid agreement, which is binding for the school but not for the player. He's still on the open market until and unless he attends a class, and their spring semester begins next Tuesday, 1/17. That being said, I doubt he flips back to the U. It is interesting, nonetheless, that Smith was his primary recruiter.

Good info, thank you.

Wow. That is absolutely not what I said.

I was saying that when Claeys class filled out (to 21) the rankings would have went up. It was a critique of team rankings. Are you just pretending to not get it?

How much though? There are over 20 teams ahead of MN with fewer than 20 commits at this point.

Congrats

Congrats on the new avatar dpo...I like your new updates

Thank you for clarifying!!

How much though? There are over 20 teams ahead of MN with fewer than 20 commits at this point.

Oh, I'm not sure. I'd guess it would have looked like a typical Kill/Claeys class. I really wasn't defending Claeys ranking or doubting the new recruits, I was simply trying to say that Coyle and the regents discussing team recruiting rankings as a reason to move on from a 9-4 coach is asinine. It would have filled up with 28 recruits and it would have been ranked similarly to his last few classes.

If you judge a recruiter by the team rankings, you'd literally be considered a better recruiter if you had 5 players fail out every single season (your classes would stay large).

That was my entire point. I am pumped up about the new recruits coming in.

Oh, I'm not sure. I'd guess it would have looked like a typical Kill/Claeys class. I really wasn't defending Claeys ranking or doubting the new recruits, I was simply trying to say that Coyle and the regents discussing team recruiting rankings as a reason to move on from a 9-4 coach is asinine. It would have filled up with 28 recruits and it would have been ranked similarly to his last few classes.

If you judge a recruiter by the team rankings, you'd literally be considered a better recruiter if you had 5 players fail out every single season (your classes would stay large).

That was my entire point. I am pumped up about the new recruits coming in.

So you are saying TC was a better recruiter than PJF?

per STrib:

So far, nine recruits have flipped to play for Fleck at Minnesota. The five Minnesota prep players who had committed to the Gophers under coach Tracy Claeys were contacted by Fleck, who said in a radio interview that they were “all on board.”

Those five are East Ridge kicker Grant Ryerse and running back Dominik London, Woodbury tight end Nathan Bursch, Cooper offensive lineman Eric Abojei and Marshall offensive lineman Blaise Andries.

Ryerse spoke with Fleck on Friday and had his scholarship offer reaffirmed, said Mac Ryerse, Grant’s father.

“It’s safe to say that a lot of people are very excited about coach Fleck,” Mac Ryerse said. “We watched his press conference — a couple of times, in fact — and spent some time looking at things that were written about him. He articulates his philosophy very well. He has a clear mandate from [Minnesota] to mesh his approach to running a program with what they’re trying to set up here. The odds are that he will be successful.”

http://www.mnfootballhub.com/news_article/show/743010

Go Gophers!!

At least we have a coach reaffirming local scholarships at this point. Claeys didn't even do that when he took over last year.

I wonder if Fleck has offered DT Chris Elmore? He was a WMU verbal until Fleck left. Kid looks like a good athlete for being 6'1" 270. Also played FB in h.s., I think he would be a solid addition with us being razor thin at DT.

Not sure we're razor thin at DT- have 5 who have significant experience and 2 commitments this year to date. Also don't know if new D.C. Plays 3-4 or 4-3

Not sure we're razor thin at DT- have 5 who have significant experience and 2 commitments this year to date. Also don't know if new D.C. Plays 3-4 or 4-3

I only counted Stetler, Richardson, and Jackson with experience and Hall with no experience and Gary Moore having little experience. Those first 3 are all going to be seniors. That leaves a 4 man rotation with the two verbals this year for 2018 unless we bring true freshman or jucos into the mix or sign another DT this year, which is what I was hoping.

I heard there is 2 NDSU recruits that Flecks trying to flip. any truth to that?

Fleck's enthusiasm is fun to watch, it'll be interesting to see what kind of walk on program he has in my opinion.

Fleck's enthusiasm is fun to watch, it'll be interesting to see what kind of walk on program he has in my opinion.

He's aiming higher than D2 players.

He's aiming higher than D2 players.

Im just going with what I was told. believe it or not, theres a handful of ndsu players that have turned down big 10 & sec scholarships (purdue, missouri, rutgers, etc)

as a NDSU fan, I would hope Minnesota goes after bigger and better recruits, thus ndsu picks up some better kids that fall thru the cracks like the past few years.

It'll be interesting to see how Fleck's rah rah works on the recruiting trail in minnesota living rooms. I wish Minnesota the best of luck, I really do, go get those 4 & 5 star recruits.

I only counted Stetler, Richardson, and Jackson with experience and Hall with no experience and Gary Moore having little experience. Those first 3 are all going to be seniors. That leaves a 4 man rotation with the two verbals this year for 2018 unless we bring true freshman or jucos into the mix or sign another DT this year, which is what I was hoping.

Hall transferred.

PS--I see where Hawes also de-committed. That makes 4 (Terry, Cherelius, Holmes, and Hawes). Curious to see where those guys end up. I really wanted Hawes and Holmes to stay, but this often happens with a coaching change and I hope those guys all find new programs where they can get the education they seek and play (and play well) on the field.

There's a ton of smoke with Gindorff. Who might the other one be?

The last couple of years the U has brought in NDSU recruits as walk ons. I would think that Fleck would love all of the instate NDSU recruits to walk on at the U. Get a few more late bloomers.

Im just going with what I was told. believe it or not, theres a handful of ndsu players that have turned down big 10 & sec scholarships (purdue, missouri, rutgers, etc)

as a NDSU fan, I would hope Minnesota goes after bigger and better recruits, thus ndsu picks up some better kids that fall thru the cracks like the past few years.

It'll be interesting to see how Fleck's rah rah works on the recruiting trail in minnesota living rooms. I wish Minnesota the best of luck, I really do, go get those 4 & 5 star recruits.

If they are going after 2 NDSU commits, my guess it is mainly because of the timing of his hiring and signing day being so close.

If they are going after 2 NDSU commits, my guess it is mainly because of the timing of his hiring and signing day being so close.

No NDSU recruit I now of tweeted they've been blessed with a MN

Maybe NDSU recruits aren't religious though

Top Bottom