Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Going after another WR and another Missouri commit. Was previously recruited by Fleck.

Going after another WR and another Missouri commit. Was previously recruited by Fleck.

Multiple P5 offers. Looks to be a good get, plus we could break out the Aladdin memes.

Guess he is paying attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been assured by Bob Lablaw that we have a better wide receiver situation next year than we have this year

I've been assured by Bob Lablaw that we have a better wide receiver situation next year than we have this year

Well, statistically, we are returning more.

But yeah, our WR situation was an absolute dumpster fire this year, and it would have been a similar dumpster fire next year.

Nice try at a straw man though.

Well, statistically, we are returning more.

But yeah, our WR situation was an absolute dumpster fire this year, and it would have been a similar dumpster fire next year.

Nice try at a straw man though.
It isn't a straw man if I'm not making an argument!

Whenever i go and look at a new player that is receiving Gopher interest I always watch film on them first, and look at their offer list second. I have to admit some of these kids that we got last night look pretty impressive. Esezi Otomewo is going to be a good get two years down the road. Every WR that has been offered or committed in Bell's case look like legit WR's. I feel confident in Fleck offering these players, because he is the one who has gotten to know these kids offer the past couple years.

Wow, that does seem small. He definitely doesn't play small though. Check out his JR year highlight video: http://247sports.com/player/reyondous-estes-89478
He throws the first ball 58 yards in the air and hits a guy in stride. This year, his team won the 7A title in Ill...

His feet are far better than his arm, which is okay if that is how they are going to build the offense. Do not confuse him with Drew Brees for a second. His throws on his film are extremely safe and many from out of the pocket, which again, if that is what they are going for is fine. Just don't expect him to drop back, stay in the pocket and throw some difficult throws in the middle of the field or even more difficult to the sideline.

His feet are far better than his arm, which is okay if that is how they are going to build the offense. Do not confuse him with Drew Brees for a second. His throws on his film are extremely safe and many from out of the pocket, which again, if that is what they are going for is fine. Just don't expect him to drop back, stay in the pocket and throw some difficult throws in the middle of the field or even more difficult to the sideline.
No one was comparing him to drew Bree's. Just pointing out that 6' quarterbacks are not too short

No one was comparing him to drew Bree's. Just pointing out that 6' quarterbacks are not too short

Well no, that isn't true. Someone campared him to Drew Brees because they typed his name in this forum in response to a discussion of the short QB recruit Fleck offered. Doug Flutie too for that matter. If they weren't comparing him to Drew Brees they would have typed another name. And 6 foot QBs may be too short if they don't throw like Drew Brees and/or don't run like Mike Vick.

Well no, that isn't true. Someone campared him to Drew Brees because they typed his name in this forum in response to a discussion of the short QB recruit Fleck offered. Doug Flutie too for that matter. If they weren't comparing him to Drew Brees they would have typed another name. And 6 foot QBs may be too short if they don't throw like Drew Brees and/or don't run like Mike Vick.
They were simply naming other short quarterbacks, not comparing skill sets.

Go Gophers!!

Orlando Sentinel: With P.J. Fleck headed to Minnesota, Denzel Houston decommits from W. Michigan

Houston will begin his official visits next weekend, so he has three weekends left before National Signing Day and he has to narrow his list down to three schools unless he also chooses to make a midweek visit somewhere.

He also said Coach Fleck was expected to be in touch with him in the near future, possibly even as early as Friday night.

When asked what a Minnesota offer could mean for him, Houston said, "That would be very interesting."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...ston-decommits-w-michigan-20170106-story.html

Go Gophers!!

Orlando Sentinel: With P.J. Fleck headed to Minnesota, Denzel Houston decommits from W. Michigan

Houston will begin his official visits next weekend, so he has three weekends left before National Signing Day and he has to narrow his list down to three schools unless he also chooses to make a midweek visit somewhere.

He also said Coach Fleck was expected to be in touch with him in the near future, possibly even as early as Friday night.

When asked what a Minnesota offer could mean for him, Houston said, "That would be very interesting."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...ston-decommits-w-michigan-20170106-story.html

Go Gophers!!

Looks like a QB that Florida St thought hard about, but never offered. Wonder if we'd offer another QB with two already in the fold and another offer out...

Looks like a QB that Florida St thought hard about, but never offered. Wonder if we'd offer another QB with two already in the fold and another offer out...

I think he's more of a college WR. 247 has him listed as a WR but Rivals has him as a QB. Really good athlete, not a lot of arm strength.

Pretty much all of the recruits that have been flipped or offered by Fleck are Midwest guys. I thought Zach Johnson summed up the recruiting philosophy well:

Doogie just tweeted that Fleck is no longer doing the ESPN coachs' broadcast.

Bummer. Must be logistics.

Has Fleck "reached" for anyone yet with an offer who we have legit shot at getting? Someone not commited at WMU who liked Fleck and Staff, but wanted to go Power5? Even though Kill initially took high-end MAC recruits (and always continued to some degree), it became apparent that he could get some higher level (4* types) at MN simply for being in B1G and P5, albeit not a lot of them. I know there's not a lot of time until NSD, but I would love to see Fleck focus on 1 or 2 good flips from another P5 school(s),- preferably some B1G schools to put them on notice!

Has Fleck "reached" for anyone yet with an offer who we have legit shot at getting? Someone not commited at WMU who liked Fleck and Staff, but wanted to go Power5? Even though Kill initially took high-end MAC recruits (and always continued to some degree), it became apparent that he could get some higher level (4* types) at MN simply for being in B1G and P5, albeit not a lot of them. I know there's not a lot of time until NSD, but I would love to see Fleck focus on 1 or 2 good flips from another P5 school(s),- preferably some B1G schools to put them on notice!

WR who is Penn State commit - Mac Hippenhammer
WR - Missouri Commit - Jafar Armstrong
QB - Missouri Commit - Ray Estes

Sunday morning commit!

Go Gophers!!

Is there any chance that Fleck extends scholarship offers to anymore instate kids like Noah Gindorff, Nico Bolden, or Noah Carlson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom