Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

How much was recruiting hurt by the absence of Mike Sherels most of the summer and into the fall?

All stories indicated that he was the top recruiter for the program.

No excuses. We have a bunch of other coaches that should be able to sell a new stadium and new athlete's village. Time for them to do their job.

2019 OT Quinn Carroll from Edina was just offered today, son of former gopher TE Jay Carroll.

Someone ask Doogie, if there is any chance we could have a shot at Grad transfer Malik Zaire from Notre Dame? Not on Twitter or I would ask him myself.

Doogie wouldn't know. He has absolutely no sources. He is regurgitating what he reads on GH or states the obvious. I'm not even ripping on him, it's the truth.

Gophers lost a commit today

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm wondering if Cleays has the same mentality as Kill ? Only recruit kids that want to come here ,which I thought was a flawed way to to recruit....

zero doubt he was flipping after Miami offered him

Yeah...can't blame the kid. It is his dream school. Wish him the best. Better in November than February to lose a recruit. Time to work to replace him.

I'm wondering if Cleays has the same mentality as Kill ? Only recruit kids that want to come here ,which I thought was a flawed way to to recruit....

Pretty much the same as Mason as well. Get the best player on a lousy team or the lesser lights on a good team.

I figured Gaynor was gone as soon as Miami offered. Kudos to the staff for recognizing his ability earlier, but raspberries because we couldn't keep him.

Not happy to lose a recruit, but better now than in Feb. OL we should be able to recruit well in the Midwest. There should be a Mn. Kid that can fill this spot.

Go Gophers!!

Hawes received a Cinci offer:

Go Gophers!!

I Agree But

Not happy to lose a recruit, but better now than in Feb. OL we should be able to recruit well in the Midwest. There should be a Mn. Kid that can fill this spot.

I agree, but that's not happening.
Wright KS
Moore TX
Greene GA
Mayes TX
Calhoun GA
Weyler OH
Oseland IL

are the guys in line to play or that have.

Claeys biggest obstacle is recruiting . Other than Sawvel and Sherels, the other coaches are nothing to write about. If Claeys does make a change in staff, ( which i doubt ) I hope he brings in a crackerjack recruiter.

Claeys biggest obstacle is recruiting . Other than Sawvel and Sherels, the other coaches are nothing to write about. If Claeys does make a change in staff, ( which i doubt ) I hope he brings in a crackerjack recruiter.
Coach Anderson recruits Georgia so he needs some credit also.

He will bring in Crackerjack, but not the recruiter.

I agree, but that's not happening.
Wright KS
Moore TX
Greene GA
Mayes TX
Calhoun GA
Weyler OH
Oseland IL

are the guys in line to play or that have.

Connelly and Dovich are RS FR and both on two deeps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 official visitors set for 12/10:

Blaise Andries-OT
Eric Abojei-OT
Dominik London-RB
Jordon Ulmer-DB
Javan Hawes-WR
Grant Ryerse-K
Brett Kitrell-OL
Nathan Bursh-TE

All but Ulmer have already verbally committed to the Gophers. Ulmer is committed to Iowa State.

http://minnesota.247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/Visits

8 official visitors set for 12/10:

Blaise Andries-OT
Eric Abojei-OT
Dominik London-RB
Jordon Ulmer-DB
Javan Hawes-WR
Grant Ryerse-K
Brett Kitrell-OL
Nathan Bursh-TE

All but Ulmer have already verbally committed to the Gophers. Ulmer is committed to Iowa State.

http://minnesota.247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/Visits

more guys getting added.

Tito Windham-JUCO CB (Memphis commit)
Jakyle Holmes-Ath
Brock Annexstad-WR

How about we lay off the secondary players and start looking for guys on offense. You know, ones that can block, throw or catch the ball. How about that? Why is every other player you see in the secondary?

Go Gophers!!

He is a nice looking athlete as an OT or a DT.

What are the chances he commits to the Gophers, anyone? I'd be depressed if Iowa, Wisconsin, or Nebraska gets him.

How about we lay off the secondary players and start looking for guys on offense. You know, ones that can block, throw or catch the ball. How about that? Why is every other player you see in the secondary?

Amen to that. Maybe Sawvel is planning on going to an all-DB defensive scheme, but we seem to be overly focused on that group.

PS--247 is predicting Kendrick Green to Iowa. Hope they are wrong.

Correct me if I'm wrong but we are losing Myrick and Travis this year so we need to keep adding depth until we are sure we have starters in the secondary.

In any case, our defense has been very good and even great at times. Let them keep doing what they are doing. Go ahead and criticize the offensive recruiting but leave the defense alone and let them keep doing what they are doing and hopefully we stay as dominant on defense or even get better.

I'm not sure we get to trade like that.

He is a nice looking athlete as an OT or a DT.

What are the chances he commits to the Gophers, anyone? I'd be depressed if Iowa, Wisconsin, or Nebraska gets him.

Need more of both. Especially at DT.

Top Bottom