Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Lay off the sauce this early in the day Gramps. You've been wrong on every subject on the political board, so i'm feeling better about this class.

Once again Lester....the sauce card. Do the math and look at the recruiting sites. Yes, I'm Grandpa to 4 wonderful grand kids. Got a great wife who looks like Ann Margret and I'm still driving the golf ball 250 yds without the roll. 6 months in Ely, 6 months in Arizona....Thank-you
very much and have a Golden Gopher day!

Same HS Mark Williams is from.

Don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but look at the kids offer list.Auburn leads. I just think this is a courtesy visit to see his buddy, some digs, good eats , and MOA visit. I really hope I'm, The kid is a "player"

Don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but look at the kids offer list.Auburn leads. I just think this is a courtesy visit to see his buddy, some digs, good eats , and MOA visit. I really hope I'm, The kid is a "player"

It's an unofficial visit, meaning he has to pay for everything himself.

Prep Bowl Playoff time. Semi Finals and Finals all at USBank Stadium.

Blaise Andries plays at 4:30pm on Thursday.

6A games at 7pm on Thursday and Friday.

Anyone know if the Spring Lake Park QB has position flexibility at next level?

Caledonia has a DL committed to UND, but many think he should get better offers. (Ott)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Prep Bowl Playoff time. Semi Finals and Finals all at USBank Stadium.

Blaise Andries plays at 4:30pm on Thursday.

6A games at 7pm on Thursday and Friday.

Anyone know if the Spring Lake Park QB has position flexibility at next level?

Caledonia has a DL committed to UND, but many think he should get better offers. (Ott)

That Ott kid from Caledonia is a really fine football player, he seemed Stout on the line. Does anyone know if he camped at the U? The one time I got to see him in person, he was someone that flashed and made me think that kid has a chance to be a real player. He has the frame of DL that can hold the weight. Reminds me of Willie Vandesteeg some.
Does the U do greyshirts if they don't have a scholarship for this season? Hopefully coach Claeys and Phelps have there eye on him.

That Ott kid from Caledonia is a really fine football player, he seemed Stout on the line. Does anyone know if he camped at the U? The one time I got to see him in person, he was someone that flashed and made me think that kid has a chance to be a real player. He has the frame of DL that can hold the weight. Reminds me of Willie Vandesteeg some.
Does the U do greyshirts if they don't have a scholarship for this season? Hopefully coach Claeys and Phelps have there eye on him.

Yeah, he camped at the U.

This is a weird year for in-state DEs. There are quite a few mid-major type of guys (as far as offers). I really like Boye Mafe and Tanner Sundt (Farmington and NDSU Commit). I haven't seen Ott play at all, so I can't speak to his ability, but I wouldn't have been disappointed at all if the U would have offered Sundt, Mafe,

I wouldn't be shocked if an Ott offer came if something falls through with Mafe.

Is this staff even trying to recruit? No QBs, 1 WR, and 1 D-lineman at the end of November?!?! Our OVs during the season have been embarrassing.

Is this staff even trying to recruit? No QBs, 1 WR, and 1 D-lineman at the end of November?!?! Our OVs during the season have been embarrassing.

Hard to recruit with the uncertainty of the staff keeping their jobs.

The only place that I hear about this uncertainty is from a few posters on GopherHole.

The only place that I hear about this uncertainty is from a few posters on GopherHole.

Then why hasn't an extension been offered? Hard to succeed in recruiting with a two year contract. Claeys is still coaching for his future.

And "13" spots open. With attrition, and kids moving on, it might be as high as 20 new recruits.

The ball is on Mark Coyle's & Tracy Claeys' courts. I would expect some sort of contract extension soon. This is Coach Claeys' opportunity to lose if he can't recruit effectively. Bear in mind Mark Coyle has mentioned that a coaches ability to recruit is critical for the success of any program. Football in particular.

That said, the Gophers are on par with last year's recruiting visits according to 247 Sports (don't know if these are all OVs). They had thirteen visits by November, 20 2015 compared to twelve as of November 4, 2016:

Visits 2016 Recruiting Class as of November 20, 2015 (Commitment in bold):
6/18 - Tralund Webber WDE, Vincent Calhoun OG;
6/21 - Wally Aime DT;
9/25 - Andre Polk OLB;
10/31 - Tre Bryant RB, Dredrick Snelson WR, Tony Poljan QB, Kiondre Thomas CB, Elijah Daniels S, Elisha Daniels CB, Arkeem Boyd Ath, Coney Durr CB.

Visits 2017 Recruiting Class as of November 4, 2016:
9/1 - Quran Hafiz CB;
9/9 - Corey Gaynor OG; 9/23 - Kendrick Green OG, Jaquarius Landrews S;
10/7 - Dimitri Moore OLB, Kyrei Fisher OLB, Trey Creamer CB;
10/21 Claudin Cherelus S;
11/4 - Bruce Judson ATH, Joshua Croslen DT, Bryson Jackson OLB, Raheem Lane CB.

Claeys has actually four more commitments with seven than last year this time.

The bulk of last year's recruiting visits come later with December 2015 leading the way with 20 visits:

12/4/2015 - Chase Allen TE, Sam Schlueter OT, Garrison Wright OG, Trystan Castillo OC, Terrell Lucas WDE;
12/5/2015 - Seth Green QB;
12/11/2015 - Kris Weatherspoon S, Tai'yon Devers WDE, Elijah Battle CB, Carter Coughlin OLB, Amir Watts DT, Tyler Johnson ATH, Kamal Martin ATH, Phillip Howard ATH, Drew Kmielewski WR, Connor Olson OG, Thomas Barber ILB, Matt Kegel OG, Antoine Winfield CB, Lloyd Cushenberry OG;
1/15/2016 - True Thompson ATH, Connor Mohs FB, Ko Kieft ATH, Rhashaun Epting ATH, Nick Kramer WDE, Connor Novak-Goar DT, Danny Pietruszewski ATH;
1/22/2016 - Tyrez Lindsey S, Stephen Moye OLB, Kobe McCrary RB;
1/28/2016 - Daniel Thomas S;
1/29/2016 - TaMarion Johnson WDE, DeMarcus Williams QB, Calvin Swenson S, John Mack K;
2/12/2016 - Kieran Johnson WR (don't see him on official roster);
5/13/2016 - Osirus Mitchell WR.

If we don't see a large uptick in recruiting visits starting next month, we can officially start to panic.

However, I am optimistic that Claeys in the end will have a decent recruiting class. IMHO, it will be a godsend if we can get two or three athletes who are program changers.

Then why hasn't an extension been offered? Hard to succeed in recruiting with a two year contract. Claeys is still coaching for his future.

all signs point to Claeys being let go at the end of this season. 2 games left to surprise Coyle and the admin but it appears Claeys blew his chance. Claeys may have tried to go all out to land a JC quarterback for the 2016 campaign but the season is almost over and Claeys is gonna let the Srs play the string out.

all signs point to Claeys being let go at the end of this season. 2 games left to surprise Coyle and the admin but it appears Claeys blew his chance. Claeys may have tried to go all out to land a JC quarterback for the 2016 campaign but the season is almost over and Claeys is gonna let the Srs play the string out.

What signs?

PWO candidate?

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Scholarship situation now that we know about the juniors.

Rhoda - GONE
Duke - GONE
Luke Rasmussen - GONE
Ray Dixon - GONE
Kafo - GONE

I thought we had 18 scholarships, does this put us at 22 now?

It looks like this class could approach the 25 by the time signing day comes.

Scholarship situation now that we know about the juniors.

Rhoda - GONE
Duke - GONE
Luke Rasmussen - GONE
Ray Dixon - GONE
Kafo - GONE

I thought we had 18 scholarships, does this put us at 22 now?

It looks like this class could approach the 25 by the time signing day comes.

Duke is transferring?! Why? When did he announce that?

You don't read signs very well.

Top Bottom