Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Anyone else concerned we only have one commit and none for '18? What is TC doing?

Yep, ready to cancel my season tickets and start supporting Iowa. This sounds like a classic troll statement.

NCAA math. Like 20+ years of academic fraud at UNC = zero punishment so far.

Well duh. 20 divided by 0 equals zero...;)

Anyway, regarding the NCAA, it sucks to be us.

Which is exactly how I define the depth of incompetence at the NCAA.

+1 I'm beginning to think they make up a chart pin it on a wall and throw darts at said chart to come up with some of their decisions. That or a magic 8 ball?

The NCAA cannot compel anyone to testify under oath. They are forced to nibble at the edges of a case.
The Clem Haskins case was different in that the MN employee committing the fraud fessed up to start the probe.

The NCAA cannot compel anyone to testify under oath. They are forced to nibble at the edges of a case.
The Clem Haskins case was different in that the MN employee committing the fraud fessed up to start the probe.

That is because the U didn't pay them enough!

I feel like the NCAA hammers teams based on their conference and conference standing. I would be very surprised to see UNC hit hard, even when an argument could be made to treat their academic fraud as over twenty separate occurrences if tried in court. This would easily qualify them for the death penalty.

I feel like the NCAA hammers teams based on their conference and conference standing.

You can "feel like" whatever you want, but this has been empirically proven not true on this board time and again.

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet, but Gopher CB Target Richard Bowens III chose Iowa State yesterday.

More playing time right away?

Interview with him was posted on one of the recruiting sites (Iowa State's Scout site if I remember correctly) and he stated that he loved his visit to Ames and the 4-2-5 defense they will be playing was a big plus for him as a defensive back. It sounds like both him and his father were sold on the idea of playing DB in a conference that throws the ball quite a bit.

love the instate verbals! cooper starting to produce a gopher a year

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

New HC with uncertainty about his longevity. No AD with Kahler again insulating himself against an adverse choice.
Claeys and Kill had never recruited at the BIG level and so never developed the High School contacts for players at that level.
The staff was thick with KS JCOS contacts but that is not how longevity and depth are built in the BIG.
Recruiting success may well depend on the new assistant coaches.

Welcome to the middle/bottom of the pack in the B1G.

Fight for the wins you can get, and then build consistency.

Now that we have two homers committing, does anyone know anything about:

JJ Drew OL 6 6 290 Eden Prairie
Nash Jensen OL 6 5 320 Osseo
Nico Bolden DB 6 4 190 Woodbury

They haven't receive MN offers yet.

Now that we have two homers committing, does anyone know anything about:

JJ Drew OL 6 6 290 Eden Prairie
Nash Jensen OL 6 5 320 Osseo
Nico Bolden DB 6 4 190 Woodbury

They haven't receive MN offers yet.
They really haven't offered too many Minnesota kids yet have they? Besided Andries & Abojei, I can only think of Eric Wilson and Grant Ryerse. Any others? Ricky Floyd?

They really haven't offered too many Minnesota kids yet have they? Besided Andries & Abojei, I can only think of Eric Wilson and Grant Ryerse. Any others? Ricky Floyd?

Anybody with inside speculation on who the next couple guys might be? We always do well after the camp and bar b q ... is that June or July? Anybody on the horizon before that?

New HC with uncertainty about his longevity. No AD with Kahler again insulating himself against an adverse choice.
Claeys and Kill had never recruited at the BIG level and so never developed the High School contacts for players at that level.
The staff was thick with KS JCOS contacts but that is not how longevity and depth are built in the BIG.
Recruiting success may well depend on the new assistant coaches.

Are You high? 90% of our recruits come out of high school and we just brought nine from in state last year

Top Bottom