Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

per Shama:

True Thompson, the son of Gophers all-time leading rusher Darrell Thompson, is a senior wide receiver at Robbinsdale Armstrong High School. Among the football schools he has heard from are Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin—all of whom have raised the possibility of him being a preferred walk-on with their programs. (Preferred walk-ons, although they aren’t scholarship players, generally are assured of roster spots their first year on the team.)

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumo...

Trystan Castillo an OC from Missouri is projected to flip to Minnesota from Missouri. He's 6-4 280. It looks like on 247 this is a very recent development. Decent offer list:

http://247sports.com/Player/Trystan-Castillo-78234

Earlier in the season I'm thinking most ppl here would've went for a new OC, but I think Limegrover has somewhat redeemed himself the past 3 weeks.

Seriously though, this kid looks like a great get. NW and Duke offered, so he likely has some brains as well. Cool.

Wouldn't be surprised to see some o-line transfers or players moving on. Maybe Hayes is done after this season and/or Bobek doesn't get a 6th year. Something is definitely up given the additional o-line offers.

Wouldn't be surprised to see some o-line transfers or players moving on. Maybe Hayes is done after this season and/or Bobek doesn't get a 6th year. Something is definitely up given the additional o-line offers.

Maybe, but it just seems more like they're trying to replenish the numbers. We currently have only 17 OL on scholarship, and 5 set to graduate. Even if Hayes and Bobek do return, I'd still be looking to sign at least 6 (if not 7) OL if it were me, and we only have 5 currently committed. Plus, the Mayes bros. are the only two sophomores on scholarship, so signing at least 2 JuCos makes a lot of sense for class balance. I just can't believe we never offered Kasl.

Vincent Calhoun was offered by Mississippi State. Might be tough to hang on to him IMO.

This joke is so predictable and overused. But damn it if I still didn't laugh out loud.

There must be another joke in there somewhere...if we could gain a Poock with depth and size? I need some help to find it.

Hopefully we get him, the Gophers need more depth at defensive tackle. Hope he is as good as Poock has been so far this year.

I don't think our DT depth is too bad next year. We will have two seniors and two juniors who all have a good amount of experience. Then you have Moore and Hall behind them as well.

Don't get me wrong, we need to bring in a DT or two this recruiting class but I don't think our depth is as bad as some are making it out to be.

It's all about rotation and keeping healthy body's for the conference schedule.

I don't think our DT depth is too bad next year. We will have two seniors and two juniors who all have a good amount of experience. Then you have Moore and Hall behind them as well.

Don't get me wrong, we need to bring in a DT or two this recruiting class but I don't think our depth is as bad as some are making it out to be.

My comment about depth is more related to the injury problems we sustained this year. I realize not every year will be like this but the more you can rotate on in the interior, the less wear and tear you have on your main guys in this case Richardson and Epke this year. He is coming from the same school as Poock did, so I am hoping he is as game ready and talented and will build on that pipeline.
You don't always need Juco's but it never hurts to have a connection that brings in talented players. Didn't we get Ace Rogers from the same school too?

Big dudes at tackle that can move, and beat double teams are always a need.

Illinois have some size at DT, including RS Jamal Milan who the Gophers went after. Momma wanted her baby close to home.

According to Burns Calhoun has informed the staff and Mississippi State's Scout guy that he is solid and won't be taking any other officials.

According to Burns Calhoun has informed the staff and Mississippi State's Scout guy that he is solid and won't be taking any other officials.
Sweet, I predict that he starts next year.

There must be another joke in there somewhere...if we could gain a Poock with depth and size? I need some help to find it.

I'll keep setting them on the tee, you keep knocking them out of the yard!

Sounds like Chase Allen, Merrick Jackson, and Trystan Castillo will all be taking OV's the weekend of December 4.

Top Bottom