Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Part of me wishes you would tone it down a bit, but it's hard to defend someone who named themselves "EliteOpinionGuy". Maybe his opinions are so elite that the rest of us aren't worthy of hearing them. Ever again. Maybe? A guy can dream.

Yeah...I blocked the guy after my remark...so he is all quiet on my screen. : )

Part of me wishes you would tone it down a bit, but it's hard to defend someone who named themselves "EliteOpinionGuy". Maybe his opinions are so elite that the rest of us aren't worthy of hearing them. Ever again. Maybe? A guy can dream.

ouch

He is coming on Monday May 18 for an unofficial according to 247 Sports. Maybe we have a fighting chance if he commits on the spot. He'll fit like a glove.

Just a Hunch, but if he commits on the spot we may have more than a fighting chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a Hunch, but if he commits on the spot we may have more than a fighting chance.

I don't know why we wouldn't have much more than a fighting chance regardless of him committing on his visit or not. Why, because Auburn, Michigan and Notre Dame are listed as showing some interest?

I don't know why we wouldn't have much more than a fighting chance regardless of him committing on his visit or not. Why, because Auburn, Michigan and Notre Dame are listed as showing some interest?

Agreed. You missed the point of my post.

A commitment from Poljan could happen really fast. He's going to be on campus less than a week after receiving his offer.

http://247sports.com/Player/Tony-Poljan-75248

Let me be the first to say it; he looks a lot like Mitch Leidner. I wonder if they have the QB position in mind or something else. He's an Athlete/Dual-Threat QB, so I guess anything is possible.

Let me be the first to say it; he looks a lot like Mitch Leidner. I wonder if they have the QB position in mind or something else. He's an Athlete/Dual-Threat QB, so I guess anything is possible.

We offered him at QB, but probably also view him as having "position flexibility."

Watching the tape, looks a little more agile than Mitch and not quite as likely to want to just run into guys. His throwing motion, imo, just looks funky. Seems like he pushes the ball and he doesn't seem the most accurate but appears to throw pretty effortlessly. He knows he's got size and didn't appear afraid to pull a Big Ben (not saying they are even remotely similar players) and stand in there with a guy draped on him and make a throw. So comparing him to Mitch, he looks like a little bit more natural of an athlete with possibly bigger natural arm strength. Accuracy hard to say in that small of a sample size. Another thing to keep in mind is he probably looks very different throwing the ball now as he spent the last 5 months working out a Quarterback University so he might look like more of the passer with running ability that we need for our offense now as well.

247: QBU standouts adding offers

http://minnesota.247sports.com/Article/Quarterback-University-standouts-earning-offers-37273266

In the 2016 class, Tony Poljan from Lansing (Mich.) Catholic is a guy that has a ton of upside. The 6-foot-7, 235-pound Poljan added a recent offer from Minnesota, his first power five opportunity.

As a junior, Poljan led his team to conference, district and regional championships en route to a berth in the state title game, completing 65 percent of his passes for 2,802 yards and 34 touchdowns to just four interceptions. When he wasn’t picking apart defenses by air, Poljan was killing them with his legs, rushing for 1,017 yards and another 22 scores.

Poljan has worked with QBU the last five months.

“His footwork is totally different, he looks like a true quarterback now instead of just an athlete,” Dooley said. “He still has that ability to be a dual-threat but he looks like a passer first. His old style of play was being a total athlete, he now looks like a total quarterback. We also work on the board a lot, and he understands schematics and coverage and he can articulate that better now.”

Curious how he compares to Steveler as a high school player. If I remember correctly, Streveler had similar glowing reviews. I'm not saying I think Poljan will be better or worse, just curious how they compare.

247: QBU standouts adding offers

http://minnesota.247sports.com/Article/Quarterback-University-standouts-earning-offers-37273266

In the 2016 class, Tony Poljan from Lansing (Mich.) Catholic is a guy that has a ton of upside. The 6-foot-7, 235-pound Poljan added a recent offer from Minnesota, his first power five opportunity.

As a junior, Poljan led his team to conference, district and regional championships en route to a berth in the state title game, completing 65 percent of his passes for 2,802 yards and 34 touchdowns to just four interceptions. When he wasn’t picking apart defenses by air, Poljan was killing them with his legs, rushing for 1,017 yards and another 22 scores.

Poljan has worked with QBU the last five months.

“His footwork is totally different, he looks like a true quarterback now instead of just an athlete,” Dooley said. “He still has that ability to be a dual-threat but he looks like a passer first. His old style of play was being a total athlete, he now looks like a total quarterback. We also work on the board a lot, and he understands schematics and coverage and he can articulate that better now.”

http://oklahomastate.247sports.com/Bolt/Three-Michigan-QBs-To-Keep-An-Eye-On-35558602

“The thing that jumps off the tape is obviously his size and athleticism,” said coach Andy Denryter, who works for Donovan Dooley at QBU. “What’s great about Tony is he’s really never had any quarterback coaching. He’s been playing the position two years, and the success he’s had thus far was off of raw talent and athleticism.”

Dooley and Denryter look forward to seeing Poljan take a huge step forward with his game after a strong offseason with them. Every weekend Poljan drives 100 miles each way to get in work.

“With Tony he has a big arm,” Denryter said. “He’s a big natural athlete. Big arm, great runner, tough, physical, he doesn’t shy away from contact and he can drive the football down the field as well as anybody.”

Tony Butler, DB from Ohio. Verbally committed to Pitt.

per Sid:

• Chaska offensive lineman Matt Kegel has to be one of the most sought-after recruits the Gophers football team has landed recently. Kegel already had offers from Iowa State, Oklahoma State and Pittsburgh and had taken visits with Illinois, Iowa and Nebraska. The Gophers also now have more in-state commitments for the 2016 class than the 2013, ’14 and ’15 classes combined.

http://www.startribune.com/bell-part-of-gophers-best-football-recruiting-era/304015621/

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

The staff is really going for broke with the DEs right now.

Per Ryan Burns we just offered a 6-1 db out of FL. Simeon Smiley. Not sure how to embed it but its out there on twitter

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom