Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Park Center DB Amani Hooker was offered by Iowa today.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So what position is Spielman projected to play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is Jamahl Johnson still on the Gophers radar?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">DT <a href="https://twitter.com/Jamahl_Johnson">@Jamahl_Johnson</a> (6-0.5, 305) had huge day.
Doesn't look 305 and doesn't move like it either. Active DT that'll make plays.
<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Final5?src=hash">#Final5</a> DL.</p>— Todd Huber (@ToddHuberSS) <a href="https://twitter.com/ToddHuberSS/status/595370407311634432">May 4, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

According to 247 Sports, he is still on the scouting radar. It looks like there are other DTs grade wise ahead of him. He could possibly be a fall back plan. He can improve his stock if he has a good senior year in HS (athletically & academically).

You can bet that Kill and company are keeping a close look at him. They won't leave too many stones unturned in their backyard.

So far, here are the DTs on the roster:

Robert Ndondo-Lay 6 5 250 - Senior
Scott Ekpe 6 4 293 - Junior
Yoshoub Timms 6 2 294 - Junior
Gary Moor 6 4 300 - Sophomore
Steven Richardson 6 0 291 - Sophomore

Zero DT commitments

Jo-Jo Garcia 6 3 270

Will they take two or three DTs in 2016? The O-Line is probably always a priority in every class. THey've been trying to balance the classes since Kill's first recruiting class.

So far offers (247 Sports)have been extended to the following who have yet to commit to a team:

Mike Panasiuk Lake Park (Roselle, IL) 6 3 285
Walvenski Aime Fort Scott C.C. (Fort Scott, KS) 6 5 295
Jovan Swann Grove Center (Greenwood, IN) 6 3 255
Antwuan Jackson Cedar Grove (Ellenwood GA) 6 2.5 285

Stelter is also a DT. Beebe will play DT from the 2015 class.

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowfullscreen="" style="border: none; max-width: 100%; min-width: 220px; margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px; display: block; position: static; visibility: visible; width: 500px;" title="Twitter Tweet" height="184"></iframe>
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6'7" QB from Michigan.

http://247sports.com/Player/Tony-Poljan-75248

Tight End?

<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" style="display: none;"></iframe>

Tony Poljan - Another thick QB that can grow into a punishing 245-pound dual threat ideal for Kill's system. He would be a great get, but it looks like the vultures are hovering (Auburn, ND,etc...).

Stelter is also a DT. Beebe will play DT from the 2015 class.

Is Stelter at DT pretty firm? At 269 I figured DE was still an option. What weight would he need to get to 300?

Is Stelter at DT pretty firm? At 269 I figured DE was still an option. What weight would he need to get to 300?
Look a little close,r the staff likes to have two DTs one a 300 lb stopper and one that penetrates and disrupts, disruptors can be lighter in to 280 lb range. What is important is that they get off blocks and get into the backfield.

For the offers, I would submit that we can almost read between the lines to see which recruits this staff is EXTREMELY high on. I do not know how or if GH (fans/the public) can validate this, but it sounds like any recruit that gets an offer without being worked out in front of coaches is a recruit on the internal "wish list". I think that any recruits that get an offer prior to being personally worked out is a recruit that the staff is very very very excited about. If we can start to get commitments from recruits that fit that bill the staff will have reached their internal "next level" of recruiting status, whether or not national ranking sites agree by giving us high rankings.

Just my $.02

For the offers, I would submit that we can almost read between the lines to see which recruits this staff is EXTREMELY high on. I do not know how or if GH (fans/the public) can validate this, but it sounds like any recruit that gets an offer without being worked out in front of coaches is a recruit on the internal "wish list". I think that any recruits that get an offer prior to being personally worked out is a recruit that the staff is very very very excited about. If we can start to get commitments from recruits that fit that bill the staff will have reached their internal "next level" of recruiting status, whether or not national ranking sites agree by giving us high rankings.

Just my $.02

I think you are assuming facts not in evidence. The Asst coaches have been attending spring practices all over the South...so many of these offers have come after seeing the athlete on the field and then speaking with their coaches.

I think you are assuming facts not in evidence. The Asst coaches have been attending spring practices all over the South...so many of these offers have come after seeing the athlete on the field and then speaking with their coaches.

I did not attempt to state facts just added my own thought based on my casual level of knowledge of this program. And to make a distinction, I am ONLY saying that if as fans we ever want to see which recruits Kill and company feel are graded really high on their "wish list", we vaguely can do so (while on the outside looking in) by identifying recruits that have gotten an offer PRIOR to being able to see said recruit on the field. That is all I stated and I also admitted there is no way to validate this as a fan.

My second point was even highlighted by you so I do appreciate your assistance. My point is simply that the recruits that DO have offers and HAVE NOT been seen personally by coaches have been identified by Kill to be good enough to offer now. If a player in that category were to commit, I believe that Kill would say the program has reached a level that it is not currently at, which is why I stated the internal "next level".

Again just my $.02, take it for what it is worth and please don't expect any change.

He is coming on Monday May 18 for an unofficial according to 247 Sports. Maybe we have a fighting chance if he commits on the spot. He'll fit like a glove.

Wow, this kid is a stud...

I believe Stelter has always been projected as a "penetrating DT". It took Botticelli five years to get close to 300, and he played significantly for four years, and started at least two

I did not attempt to state facts just added my own thought based on my casual level of knowledge of this program. And to make a distinction, I am ONLY saying that if as fans we ever want to see which recruits Kill and company feel are graded really high on their "wish list", we vaguely can do so (while on the outside looking in) by identifying recruits that have gotten an offer PRIOR to being able to see said recruit on the field. That is all I stated and I also admitted there is no way to validate this as a fan.

My second point was even highlighted by you so I do appreciate your assistance. My point is simply that the recruits that DO have offers and HAVE NOT been seen personally by coaches have been identified by Kill to be good enough to offer now. If a player in that category were to commit, I believe that Kill would say the program has reached a level that it is not currently at, which is why I stated the internal "next level".

Again just my $.02, take it for what it is worth and please don't expect any change.

Yeah...the important thing is that you can go to bed tonight with the belief that you aren't the biggest blow hard on this board. But GopherWarrior will soon be banished and then you will have your title. Just my $.02.

Yeah...the important thing is that you can go to bed tonight with the belief that you aren't the biggest blow hard on this board. But GopherWarrior will soon be banished and then you will have your title. Just my $.02.

Part of me wishes you would tone it down a bit, but it's hard to defend someone who named themselves "EliteOpinionGuy". Maybe his opinions are so elite that the rest of us aren't worthy of hearing them. Ever again. Maybe? A guy can dream.

Top Bottom