Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

I don't know, we had two frosh RBs that looked pretty good. Some players are better equipped out of HS than others. Some will never be any good at any age. Plenty of examples on each end of the spectrum.

I agree. I'm curious to see if Claeys is a little more loosey-goosey than Kill about letting a mistake here and there go by. It's one thing if a guy keeps repeatedly blowing assignments, but it's another to bench a talented kid for a brain f*rt.

What about that kid from rural Minnesota with the crazy jumping ability. No one talking about him, he's my kind of guy, I'm excited for him. Starts with an h?

Oh you mean this guy?

CSF_CBrWUAAyfHG.jpg

6_3836926.jpg

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

247 saying that Durr will visit North Carolina this weekend and Virginia Tech next weekend.

Could just be him enjoying trips as his parents won't visit with him after both came to Minnesota.

Amir Watts nixed Nebraska visit to go to Iowa State according to 247. Apparently distance is now a factor for him. Will visit Pitt, Indiana, and Iowa State next three weeks.

Amir Watts nixed Nebraska visit to go to Iowa State according to 247. Apparently distance is now a factor for him. Will visit Pitt, Indiana, and Iowa State next three weeks.

I like seeing that a lot! It scares me when we are competing with Nebraska. The facilities and resources they have along with the emphasis the state and at the university place on football are tough to compete with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

per PiPress:

The defensive backs aren't great losses, said Scout.com's Midwest recruiting manager, Allen Trieu. But losing Snelson, he said, would be a blow.

Snelson committed to Minnesota in August and has since received interest from new Maryland coach D.J. Durkin and nearby Miami (Fla.), which recently hired former Georgia coach Mark Richt.

"He was one of the top commits in the class, and he has been committed for a while," Trieu said. "As of now, we think there is a really good chance that he ends up at Maryland with the Daniels brothers."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci...ll-coaching-change-shakes-up-recruiting-class

Go Gophers!!

Tweet that Iowa Stare offered Snelson tonight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Distance is a factor, so a Chicago kid visits Pitt instead of Nebraska? Hello?!?

W

And you don't. have to drive through Iowa city to get there

Looked them up out of curiosity. I hope he'd take into consideration that he'd be the only one playing defense at the schools that are closer than us:)
Rank in distance:
1. Indiana 228
2. Ames 348
3. Minneapolis 414
4. Pittsburgh 462

Looked them up out of curiosity. I hope he'd take into consideration that he'd be the only one playing defense at the schools that are closer than us:)
Rank in distance:
1. Indiana 228
2. Ames 348
3. Minneapolis 414
4. Pittsburgh 462

Minneapolis is the cheapest and easiest to fly to... might be an advantage for us.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Thats too bad for us on Watts. Also hope he stays away from Snelson. I do think it would be nice to see Foster get an offer and end up there as opposed to a P5 cellar dweller like Purdue or ISU.

Thats too bad for us on Watts. <b>Also hope he stays away from Snelson. </b> I do think it would be nice to see Foster get an offer and end up there as opposed to a P5 cellar dweller like Purdue or ISU.

Limey is an OL coach. He will have little to no impact on a WRs role. Snelson knew about Penn State before Limey was hired. Penn State knew about Snelson before they hired Limey. This hire makes zero impact on if we get Snelson or not.

Limey is an OL coach. He will have little to no impact on a WRs role. Snelson knew about Penn State before Limey was hired. Penn State knew about Snelson before they hired Limey. This hire makes zero impact on if we get Snelson or not.

I don't think you get how recruiting works.

If you think Penn State hiring a new OL coach is going to influence if a WR goes there or not, I can't help you.
I believe Unregistered User is refering to relationships. I don't know what kind of relationship might exist between Limey and Snelson, but if a recruit likes a coach that's recruiting him, there is the possibility of the recruit following him. That is why the coaches emphasize selling the school.

I believe Unregistered User is refering to relationships. I don't know what kind of relationship might exist between Limey and Snelson, but if a recruit likes a coach that's recruiting him, there is the possibility of the recruit following him. That is why the coaches emphasize selling the school.

Sure. However, can't see Snelson caring who the OL coach is no matter how much he liked or disliked Limey. Just seems to be stretching/over thinking, IMO.

Sure. However, can't see Snelson caring who the OL coach is no matter how much he liked or disliked Limey. Just seems to be stretching/over thinking, IMO.

Coaches recruit "areas" to establish connections and make travel easier, they do not recruit positions only.

Limey was not the primary recruiter for Snelson, but it is not unusual for a recruit to become familiar and comfortable with someone other than their position coach during the recruitment process.

The blanket statement that any position player would not care who the OL coach is simply wrong in many cases.

Coaches recruit "areas" to establish connections and make travel easier, they do not recruit positions only.

Limey was not the primary recruiter for Snelson, but it is not unusual for a recruit to become familiar and comfortable with someone other than their position coach during the recruitment process.

The blanket statement that any position player would not care who the OL coach is simply wrong in many cases.

You are entitled to your opinion. I'm sticking with mine that the hiring of Limey won't make PSU any more nor any less attractive to Snelson.

So for those of you in the know or those that follow recruiting closer than I do, assuming Snelson frees up another spot, how many more and who do we take? What other DB's are we looking at?

IMO...Snelson is now long gone.

I, also, suspect he is an academic risk. (That being said, maybe it's documented somewhere that he isn't.)

I feel the reason he is entertaining less than top notch schools is b/c of the academic risk; thus, the helmets have moved on and pursued other "safer" (academically speaking), highly talented WR's.

Top Bottom