Official 2015 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Burns confirmed(yesterday) Singleton is visiting us the 23rd and listed him as the top WR target. That is interesting considering I thought Hunter Register was the top WR target. Singleton is visiting Georgia Tech on the 1/16. He is a Georgia Tech "soft" verbal.

According to Burns, Singleton isn't a big fan of GT's offense.

I think we will always be a run first team, but if Mitch can perform the way he did in the Bowl game on a consistent basis we will be throwing a lot more next year.

My thoughts too

Other than Ace, I believe that the Huff twins and Tyler Moore.

With a name like Ace, he'd better be very good.

But other than 3 stars, 6-1 210 DB, I know nothing. Is a JC guy? So, Moore OL and Huff twins DB and LB.
That's four guys, I think about the pace we have been on? Seems like a huge advantage to everyone,
but it is missing your senior year of high school. Tough decision.

Two ways I see January admission in football:
1. I'm good enough to play as a freshman. (Ace might be only candidate of this group?)
2. Man, I just hope to play someday. I need every advantage I can get.

Biggest advantage to quarterbacks but only if you have the talent will it matter...more so than other positions.

But other than 3 stars, 6-1 210 DB, I know nothing. Is a JC guy? So, Moore OL and Huff twins DB and LB.
That's four guys, I think about the pace we have been on? Seems like a huge advantage to everyone,
but it is missing your senior year of high school. Tough decision.

Two ways I see January admission in football:
1. I'm good enough to play as a freshman. (Ace might be only candidate of this group?)
2. Man, I just hope to play someday. I need every advantage I can get.

Biggest advantage to quarterbacks but only if you have the talent will it matter...more so than other positions.

How about a third one - transferring from junior college? If you had known that I would have said that you Aced it. Also being able to play spring ball gives a recruit a big head start for school and football.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

There is a VIP article on 247 from 5 hours ago indicating a 4 star LB will be visiting on 1/30. Moments later McKee's profile said he was visiting 1/30.

Burns just said he texted him minutes ago and Mckee is only thinking about visiting.

Ray Buford's teammate and Rivals 4 star. Very good chance he flips from Wake Forrest.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Just received a scholarship from
〽️innesota another B1G offer���� <a href="http://t.co/UoA7tOdjYv">pic.twitter.com/UoA7tOdjYv</a></p>— YeaThatsHim (@ThatBoyDior) <a href="https://twitter.com/ThatBoyDior/status/553336491695677441">January 8, 2015</a></blockquote>

Go Gophers!!

Thats really weird. I can't edit my above post at all and at the bottom of the post it has Bleed's "Go Gophers!!" thing that he has after every one of his posts. When I saw this thread it said Bleed last posted but his it isn't showing up. Seems like his post and my previous post somehow got morphed into one. Never seen that happen before on gopherhole.

Thats really weird. I can't edit my above post at all and at the bottom of the post it has Bleed's "Go Gophers!!" thing that he has after every one of his posts. When I saw this thread it said Bleed last posted but his it isn't showing up. Seems like his post and my previous post somehow got morphed into one. Never seen that happen before on gopherhole.

Unlike those of us who post here on GH, GH itself is not perfect.

Once someone on here had a post that 'disappeared' only it didn't disappear. Weird things happen here.

So Register is the Gophers #1 wide receiver target and he's deciding between the Gophers and UL Lafayette? Whitfield is the Gophers #1 OLB target and he's deciding between the Gophers and Tulsa? I get that these schools are in their home states, but wow.

So Register is the Gophers #1 wide receiver target and he's deciding between the Gophers and UL Lafayette? Whitfield is the Gophers #1 OLB target and he's deciding between the Gophers and Tulsa? I get that these schools are in their home states, but wow.

It has to be academics in both cases. If they can gain admission here, they're Gophers. If not, they'll go to the other listed. We aren't in recruiting battles with these schools.

It has to be academics in both cases. If they can gain admission here, they're Gophers. If not, they'll go to the other listed. We aren't in recruiting battles with these schools.

Nope, purely based on distance from home.

Register's brother is on the Lafayette basketball team and he'll be able to play both football and basketball there, so I kind of understand why that is a tough decision for him.

Awwww you and Bleed are proud Pappas of a post. Mazel Tov!

No, it doesn't "has to be academics." And if the kid is deciding between two schools, regardless of the reason, it is a "recruiting battle."

Register's brother is on the Lafayette basketball team and he'll be able to play both football and basketball there, so I kind of understand why that is a tough decision for him.

This is correct, Dpol is incorrect. Register deciding between playing with his brother, 10 minutes from home where his family can watch every game and he'd be allowed to play both sports vs. playing football only on a bigger stage, far from home.

Whitfield committed to Tulsa once, then de-comitted when their coaching staff was fired, then comitted again because, in the end he wants to play at Tulsa regardless of coaching staff since it's closest to home.

Sometimes you get a bit sloppy and go outside your strength, which is nit picking opinions stated as facts....

Do as I say, not as I do.

Ray Buford's teammate and Rivals 4 star. Very good chance he flips from Wake Forrest.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Just received a scholarship from
〽️innesota another B1G offer���� <a href="http://t.co/UoA7tOdjYv">pic.twitter.com/UoA7tOdjYv</a></p>— YeaThatsHim (@ThatBoyDior) <a href="https://twitter.com/ThatBoyDior/status/553336491695677441">January 8, 2015</a></blockquote>

Something's strange with Dior Johnson's recruitment. First off, don't fall in love with him because he's a 4 star. His offer list is surprisingly thin for a 4 star. Still, he's Buford's teammate, Kelly's lifelong friend and has been pretty much begging for a Gopher offer, yet we looked high and low at multiple other players before finally offering him. I don't know if it's his frame, his speed, his grades, his character or something else, but there's something that held us back from offering when he's been sitting there ripe for the picking this whole time. I like that we offered him an OV on the weekend he's scheduled to visit Indiana though because it show's how serious he is about us. If he goes to Indiana, he's not real serious. If he cancels Indiana and visits here that weekend, he's a Gopher. My .02

Top Bottom