Official 2015 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

KiAnte Hardin senior year highlight remix. He's listed as an athlete, where do they play him? WR or CB?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xth4ATUKOsg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Corner for sure. He will get playing time there right away. For W/R I would like to see a taller guy. Supreme athlete! Is it just me or is JK getting athletes we have never had before?

per Joe's blog:

I asked Kill for his thoughts on recruiting heading into signing day, Feb 4, mentioning that a couple Minnesota commits have torn it up in recent All-Star Games. Running back Jonathan Femi-Cole was named the MVP of the NUC All-American Game in in South Carolina, with 23 carries for 137 yards. And quarterback Demry Croft completed 12 of 15 passes for more than 200 yards, with two touchdowns, in the Offense-Defense All-American Bowl. Kill can't talk about specific recruits, but he gave a general answer:

"I think things are going pretty good. You know, some of those guys playing, I don’t want them playing that good. That means they’ll get a lot more attention and with [new Michigan coach Jim] Harbaugh running around here late, that’s the whole thing. When these coaching jobs change, you never know what’s going to happen, so you’ve got to stay on the kids you’ve got committed, and then you’ve just got to continue to recruit.

"But so far, our class is exactly what we need, and certainly with the athletes we’ve got redshirted. We feel right now, we’d like another defensive back, another linebacker, three defensive linemen, which I think we’re fairly close on one. Offensively, we want another wide receiver, and really trying to figure out whether we wanted another tight end or not."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/287413181.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Go Gophers!!

per Joe's blog:

I asked Kill for his thoughts on recruiting heading into signing day, Feb 4, mentioning that a couple Minnesota commits have torn it up in recent All-Star Games. Running back Jonathan Femi-Cole was named the MVP of the NUC All-American Game in in South Carolina, with 23 carries for 137 yards. And quarterback Demry Croft completed 12 of 15 passes for more than 200 yards, with two touchdowns, in the Offense-Defense All-American Bowl. Kill can't talk about specific recruits, but he gave a general answer:

"I think things are going pretty good. You know, some of those guys playing, I don’t want them playing that good. That means they’ll get a lot more attention and with [new Michigan coach Jim] Harbaugh running around here late, that’s the whole thing. When these coaching jobs change, you never know what’s going to happen, so you’ve got to stay on the kids you’ve got committed, and then you’ve just got to continue to recruit.

"But so far, our class is exactly what we need, and certainly with the athletes we’ve got redshirted. We feel right now, we’d like another defensive back, another linebacker, three defensive linemen, which I think we’re fairly close on one. Offensively, we want another wide receiver, and really trying to figure out whether we wanted another tight end or not."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/287413181.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Go Gophers!!

Lots of opportunity and work over the next 4 1/2 weeks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We feel right now, we’d like another defensive back, another linebacker, three defensive linemen, which I think we’re fairly close on one. Offensively, we want another wide receiver, and really trying to figure out whether we wanted another tight end or not."
That's interesting. Based upon visits, and scheduled visits, I'm not sure where those guys come from. Obviously some work to do yet.

http://minnesota.247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/Visits

I'm going to be freaked out about all of our recruits until signing day because of the Harbaugh comment...

I'm going to be freaked out about all of our recruits until signing day because of the Harbaugh comment...

I have a colleague that was an assistant at Michigan about 10 years ago. They had a 5 star WR from California that had committed to them and flipped on signing day to Oregon. I'm not saying this will happen with any of our kids but with some of the new faces in the Big Ten it is not like it was 5 years ago when there was an honor system in the Big Ten not to attempt to steal a recruit from another Big Ten school.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Glad Croft can "flick" it 40 yards without setting his feet. I am really excited about this kid.

Glad Croft can "flick" it 40 yards without setting his feet. I am really excited about this kid.

closer to 50 yards since it was right hash mark to left sidelines. Didn't Hohensee get attention for being able to toss it 80 yards? Wonder how far this guy can send it.

60 yds max during game situations is considered an average arm in the NFL?

Agreed.... Is it the Vine or does he have an awkward release point? I know nothing as to whether that matters, just looks goofy to me.

Agreed. Really excited about him. Can't remember the last time I've been so excited about an incoming QB (no, wasn't as excited about Nelson, not even close. There is something different about Demry).

I know he is saying all the right things lately, and claiming unwavering loyalty, but I'm still waiting (if not expecting) for him to get flipped. It's easy to stay loyal with his current offer list, when downtrodden Penn St. calls, but what happens if/when an SEC team, or Harbaugh/Meyer, possibly someone like UCLA, comes calling? Especially after watching Kill all but take the ball out of our QBs hands against Mizzou in a huge spot. Again, not bashing Kill here, but his style of play could create a recruiting advantage for competing universities who run the spread and air it out.

Frankly, I'll be pretty suriprised if he signs on the dotted line as a Gopher. He appears to be moving up in various ranking, and I expect that to continue. I have a feeling he'll be getting a lot more attention leading up to signing day from teams that are still currently in the running for, but whiff on, the big-time QB prospects. Please prove me wrong, Demry.

I think he will be great here if he makes it to campus, and through his RS season (assumed) without transferring. Still a long way to go before he takes the field on a Saturday wearing the golden block 'M.' I'm trying not to get overly excited and start counting chickens. I've also become very familiar with the fact that MN sports teams can never have nice things. It's the way of the Universe. (Reverse jynx, please don't fail me now).

Agreed.... Is it the Vine or does he have an awkward release point? I know nothing as to whether that matters, just looks goofy to me.

He has always had a little bit of a goofy throwing motion but is considered pretty accurate and has a nice touch. At first I thought it would be better for Z to tinker with it a little bit and get him to not short arm it as much but I don't know if that would mess up his accuracy or not. He just needs more arm strength and velocity and that should hopefully come over time as he gets stronger. Also footwork could use some work and he needs to do a better job stepping into his throws with his feet under him but despite that he still flicked it as far as he did. Lastly he seems to be more athletic than Leidner or Nelson but he is only 190. When he gets to 220-230 I think he could approach Marqueis caliber ability to run the ball. He was quicker laterally than I had expected.

closer to 50 yards since it was right hash mark to left sidelines. Didn't Hohensee get attention for being able to toss it 80 yards? Wonder how far this guy can send it.

probably closer to 45, but whos counting.

He has always had a little bit of a goofy throwing motion but is considered pretty accurate and has a nice touch. At first I thought it would be better for Z to tinker with it a little bit and get him to not short arm it as much but I don't know if that would mess up his accuracy or not. He just needs more arm strength and velocity and that should hopefully come over time as he gets stronger. Also footwork could use some work and he needs to do a better job stepping into his throws but despite that he still flicked it as far as he did. Lastly he seems to be more athletic than Leidner or Nelson but he is only 190. When he gets to 220-230 I think he could approach Marqueis caliber ability to run the ball. He was quicker laterally than I had expected.

agreed the kid is raw, but seems to be the type of athlete our coaching staff has the ability to coach up.

He has always had a little bit of a goofy throwing motion but is considered pretty accurate and has a nice touch. At first I thought it would be better for Z to tinker with it a little bit and get him to not short arm it as much but I don't know if that would mess up his accuracy or not. He just needs more arm strength and velocity and that should hopefully come over time as he gets stronger. Also footwork could use some work and he needs to do a better job stepping into his throws with his feet under him but despite that he still flicked it as far as he did. Lastly he seems to be more athletic than Leidner or Nelson but he is only 190. When he gets to 220-230 I think he could approach Marqueis caliber ability to run the ball. He was quicker laterally than I had expected.

If his accuracy is fine, leave it alone as his release appears to be fast enough. That's more what matters at the college level, that you can get the ball out on time and accurately. Ex: Tebow

Allen Trieu's free Scout evaluation:

Great height, but must continue filling out before he's ready to compete at the college level. Smooth kid all around both with his release and running ability. He's maybe not high-end fast, but is athletic, elusive and can make plays with his feet. He's an accurate kid who throws a very steady, consistent ball, but must continue to get stronger and improve his velocity. Takes good care of the ball and makes good decisions. - Allen Trieu
Strengths

Decision-making
Running Ability / Mobility
Touch
Weaknesses

Arm Strength

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=7398114

As Bulldog said he has moved up in the rankings and is now the highest rated 3 star QB in the country on Scout. Moved up from 46th to 26th. #25 is a 4 star and unlike the other 3 sites this isn't just dual threat QB rankings. This is overall QB rankings making it that much more impressive. I'm not worried about losing him though.

probably closer to 45, but whos counting.

Actually, I calculated "the throw" (and because we over-analyze everything on GH). The throw went 42 yards (from the 16 to the opponents 42). HOWEVER, the throw went from the right hashmark to the left sideline. Calculating where he's standing and where it was caught, it's 30 yards. So using the Pythagorean Theorem : a² + b² = c² you come up with a 51.6 yard "flick". That's impressive!

I also am not very worried about him flipping. Most of the other big time schools that are interested in him have a quarterback committed so I don't think we should be too worried although you never know.

Actually, I calculated "the throw" (and because we over-analyze everything on GH). The throw went 42 yards (from the 16 to the opponents 42). HOWEVER, the throw went from the right hashmark to the left sideline. Calculating where he's standing and where it was caught, it's 30 yards. So using the Pythagorean Theorem : a² + b² = c² you come up with a 51.6 yard "flick". That's impressive!

My head hurts.

If you notice, he doesn't really step into the throw

excellent proof. This is what GH needs more of.

Can you dumb this down so Reusse understands?

You do know the difference between "real" analysis and "GopherHole" analysis, don't you? Well, real analysis is what you did above. I will leave it up to you to answer what GopherHole analysis is.

You do know the difference between "real" analysis and "GopherHole" analysis, don't you? Well, real analysis is what you did above. I will leave it up to you to answer what GopherHole analysis is.

killjoy, we get it, you hate gopherhole and this "class" of fans. do you need to remind yourself of it every other post? move on already. let's let this thread be about recruiting updates, not how stupid this class of gopher fans are.

Were those measurements ELECTRONIC or HANDHELD? Those are important factors in how he'll be evaluated on GH.

but aren't football fields curved surfaces? ;)

Can't wait to see what this guy will do, in about four years

You guys are hilarious!!

And by the way, this is my 1,000 post; so I think that makes me legit, passive/aggressive, and confrontational with over-analysis.

killjoy, we get it, you hate gopherhole and this "class" of fans. do you need to remind yourself of it every other post? move on already. let's let this thread be about recruiting updates, not how stupid this class of gopher fans are.

I couldn't agree with you more. I also would love to see that instead of all the over the top posts/comments that occur here during a GopherHole melt down. It seems to me that anything goes. I do find that both amusing and hypocritical since ludicrous, angry, and mean spirited posts are acceptable but not comments critical of the GopherHole. As my good friend Grover (Not Limegrover) would say, it is to laugh.

Top Bottom