Now lets win the B10 tourney

I gotta say that I like our first 3 match ups. The team should be ready to give Iowa some spankings after that collapse a few weeks ago, and we already took Illinois down to the wire on the road. I already have them as a lock playing Wisconsin on Saturday...and we know that's a W. So I guess it just comes down to who we play in the Championship.

It's pretty crazy that two Big Ten teams are 29th and 24th (Purdue) in Ken Pom and not going to the dance.
Yeah. ken Pom isn’t evaluative as a metric. It’s predictive.
So Ken Pom would tell you they aren’t the 29th and 24th best teams. Just that moving forward that’s where he would predict them.

Honestly the NET system is pretty messed up. teams get a quad 1 win for winning against and under .500 Minnesota team at Minnesota.

Let’s make a run. Take care on business on Wednesday and go from there.

I think we could beat anybody...but I really don't wanna see Michigan State at any point.
There is no doubt, there is not a super team in the conference or anywhere besides perhaps Kansas. This is not like last year where there were super teams.

There is no doubt, there is not a super team in the conference or anywhere besides perhaps Kansas. This is not like last year where there were super teams.
Should make for a fun NCAA tournament. Gophs win the Big 10 and slide in as an 11/12 seed. Let's go to work!

I think we could beat anybody...but I really don't wanna see Michigan State at any point.
Could not agree with you more but maybe, just maybe this will be our time. After a season trials, tribulations, and disappointments, why not win the tournament. Go Gophers!

If you're Pitino, do you do everything you can to win the first game, or do you put in a game plan that gives you a chance to make a deep run? Specifically, do you rest Carr and Oturu for much of the NW game (as in during the first half, while the game is still close), or do you play both of them as much as they can handle with the idea of letting them sit only if we have a built a big lead? I'm guessing he does the later.

If you're Pitino, do you do everything you can to win the first game, or do you put in a game plan that gives you a chance to make a deep run? Specifically, do you rest Carr and Oturu for much of the NW game (as in during the first half, while the game is still close), or do you play both of them as much as they can handle with the idea of letting them sit only if we have a built a big lead? I'm guessing he does the later.
In other words, are you worried enough about your job security that you don't want to risk the shame of losing to Northwestern, or do you shoot for the moon with more of a high risk / high reward approach? I suppose, if you're sincere in your public statements about your job security, you shoot the moon.

My thought has always been: the goal is to win a championship, and that goal is still within reach, however unlikely.

Top Bottom