Now lets win the B10 tourney

Easy? Of course not. Likely? Not even. But Gophers are not a bad team and have a punchers chance if Gabe keeps it up.
5 in 5 days is so awful hard, but let's do it! I would love to see us at least find a way to get to Saturday and play a big game.

As much as I agree that we are the team that no one wants to play right now, I can't imagine a team with as little depth as we have making a huge run. I imagine Carr's legs falling off about the 2nd half of game 3. Hey I'd take that right about now though.

As much as I agree that we are the team that no one wants to play right now, I can't imagine a team with as little depth as we have making a huge run. I imagine Carr's legs falling off about the 2nd half of game 3. Hey I'd take that right about now though.

It would take a collective effort, which is something we are yet to see this year. Tre, Hurt, Inhen, and Jarvis will all need to play to spell our starters at times while being somewhat productive (at least not counterproductive).

I will feel a lot more confident if we can handle NW and play our deep bench guys for many minutes, similar to today.

Gabe is the wildcard. If he shoots half as well as he did today, we can hang with anyone.

Gabe had so many easy looks today compared to the overall season. But maybe that gets his confidence going into tournament weekend here. The team as a whole needed this one, no matter how bad Nebraska is.

or we intentionally go one-and-done to save Oturu from any chance of injury

Losing to Northwestern would be a brutal way to end the year. I think we should win the game but it would be nice to see us get at least the first 2 this weekend. Make it a little interesting.

After the Gophers beat Northwestern, they have a chance for revenge against Iowa, Illinois, Rutgers, and then Michigan State. Let's go get it! ?

How do you do this with a brutal, and I mean brutal, bench?

I'm just asking!

The bench looks better today than it has all season.

Ihnen - has been playing very well for a while now.
Omersa - he has played very well on defense all year and his offense is just good enough to provide some garbage production.
Williams - is a lot like Ihnen, he just needs more minutes.
Hurt - Did he just have his best game as a Gopher on Senior night? 7 assists! Say what you want about him, but he plays pretty good team ball in the offense and played well at the end of last year as well.

So I'd say we are 9 deep against Northwestern. Even if we go to 7 deep for the rest of the games we should be able to get some rest for the main guys.

It's too bad Pitino has not relied on his bench all year so that these guys were better prepared. Coaching for his job? I don't think so. unless he has been coaching for his job for 7 years. He has always had a short bench.

Omersa - he has played very well on defense all year and his offense is just good enough to provide some garbage production.
Hurt - Did he just have his best game as a Gopher on Senior night? 7 assists! Say what you want about him, but he plays pretty good team ball in the offense and played well at the end of last year as well.

So I'd say we are 9 deep against Northwestern. Even if we go to 7 deep for the rest of the games we should be able to get some rest for the main guys.

It's too bad Pitino has not relied on his bench all year so that these guys were better prepared. Coaching for his job? I don't think so. unless he has been coaching for his job for 7 years. He has always had a short bench.

What the hell is wrong with people in regards to Michael Hurt?Why are fans so obsessed with him as a player? He is by all accounts a great kid. Wonderful human. Class act. Excellent student. Volunteers.

Did you really just post that he has played well at the end of the year?

On the court, in the past 10 games, these are his TOTALS. TOTALS. TOTALS.

Minutes: 69
Assists: 7 (all vs. Nebraska)
Rebounds: 15
Blocks: 1
Steals: 0
Turnovers: 3

You cannot honestly believe he has played well at the end of this season. If you took out the Nebraska game, against a short handed team that gave up 107 points to this years Gopher squad, he has 2 points, 13 rebounds in 49 minutes.

Now let's play the first game of the Big Ten tournament, and if we win, go from there. One possession at a time; that's the only way you can do it.

This, right here, is why Pitino might keep his job...too many clueless "Gopher supporters" whi have no idea why the program sucks and think we're just unlucky. That after an entire season without any bench at all--not even five B1G starters, ferpetesakes--suddenly they have a bench.

Good lord.

This, right here, is why Pitino might keep his job...too many clueless "Gopher supporters" whi have no idea why the program sucks and think we're just unlucky. That after an entire season without any bench at all--not even five B1G starters, ferpetesakes--suddenly they have a bench.

Good lord.

I like Pitino. I just do. If he was my coworker we’d be friends. Witty, self-deprecating, honest and open. But I agree that this bench is not good. Ihnen is our best option and should probably be a starter.

I don’t expect a solid 10 man rotation because I’m not sure anyone in the country has that consistently. Maybe 3-4 teams a year. But it would be nice to have 5 starters I trust and 2 1/2 bench guys. He simply hasn’t had that in 7 years and at some point its his roster.

If our starters get tired in one game...........they have to play 5 games?

Zero chance of this happening. We will beat NW then lose second round. We beat a god awful Nebraska team by 32 at Home. Still not convincing enough for me to have any faith on beating four good teams in 4 days. We'll have to hope for some major upsets to occur.

Can Iowa lose in an upset before we play them?

All I can think of is Coronavirus.

I'd love to beat them.

we're the best of the worst, just ask kenpom
It's pretty crazy that two Big Ten teams are 29th and 24th (Purdue) in Ken Pom and not going to the dance.

Top Bottom