Norwood Teague resigns amind sexual harassment allegations

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

I've heard this $285/hour issue was mentioned because the U may need to work with Teague for a few hours to get info from him that only he can provide. There is no way they are thinking about using Teague as a consultant the way most are used.

Rochester Post Bulletin: Teague scandal shocks his friends, peers

The charges came as a jolt to some of Teague's friends and peers. Teague, 49, was athletic director at Virginia Commonwealth before being hired by Minnesota in 2012 and also spent five years as associate athletic director at North Carolina.

"He was a dedicated, hard-working person who seemed to have his values in the right place," former UNC athletic director Dick Baddour said Tuesday.

Baddour said he was spoken with Teague since his resignation Friday. So has former N.C. State athletic director Todd Turner, a Raleigh native who is Teague's first cousin.

"I truly regret this for the women who were involved," Baddour said. "I regret it for Norwood, as well. He was well-liked, well-meaning. To me, he was a value-oriented person, so I'm terribly disappointed. I am shocked.

"It's a tough time for him, but there is no excuse for what's gone on. Obviously he has an alcohol issue to deal with, but acknowledging it is no excuse. … I hope he has gotten the courage to get his life together."

http://www.postbulletin.com/sports/...cle_ba92a000-6741-5e8a-a52e-e778415ae497.html

Go Gophers!!

Teague

= JACKASS. How can one guy screw up so much momentum. Extremely pissed off at this man on so many levels. That's all.

Couldn't post this statement in one of the 30 other Teague threads? Can we please talk about FOOTBALL?!?!?!?!?!?!

Outside of the people he harassed, do we know any real damage done? It seems to me that he wasn't really getting the job done, if you read all the post-mortem.

Glad to hear that people who have spoken with Teague are not saying he is innocent or been strong-armed into making the resignation decision. That was one fear, some fallout from Teague claiming he was treated unfairly. I believe one of the stories/sources hinted that Teague thought of fighting....

I believe one of the stories/sources hinted that Teague thought of fighting....

I would take that cage match, even if he is 5 years my junior and has several inches and pounds on me. if I could get in tight, my short kicks and jabs would work well for me. Although, if he ever got me in his grip... it might be brutal. Might have to scissor throw the guy once or twice and put in a few escape moves before I would sign the deal. I better start training.

Go Gophers!!

Unless Richie goes on to become the next Billy Donovan, Teague's legacy on the basketball side of things is all hubris, no action. Talked big about scheduling an occasional decent non-conference opponent or two for The Barn -- even went so far as to criticize Tubby for not doing so -- but Teague never delivered. Nothing has changed in that regard, post Tubby, that is unless there's a shocking development on the horizon with this year's non-conference schedule.

Mods, move this to the basketball side?

Outside of the people he harassed, do we know any real damage done? It seems to me that he wasn't really getting the job done, if you read all the post-mortem.
Isn't that enough 'real' damage?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

You do understand how clauses work? Or do you read what I wrote as "no damage was done", despite the clear beginning of the sentence? I can't expect you to know this is a merged thread, which it is now. Norwood treated at least three women very badly. I don't support this. He is gone. So, reading that, and seeing we agree on that, is the program otherwise damaged? Or are we not allowed to ask that? #sexualharrasmentisverybadandweallthinkso

You do understand how clauses work? Or do you read what I wrote as "no damage was done", despite the clear beginning of the sentence? I can't expect you to know this is a merged thread, which it is now. Norwood treated at least three women very badly. I don't support this. He is gone. So, reading that, and seeing we agree on that, is the program otherwise damaged? Or are we not allowed to ask that? #sexualharrasmentisverybadandweallthinkso
Your wording was poor otherwise I would not have commented as I did. You could have stated that your statement was misunderstood without resorting to what I interpret as a sarcastic tone. Now if I have misinterpreted your tone, my sincere apologies.

PS, it would have read better if you had said 'do we know of any additional damage done?'

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Glad to hear that people who have spoken with Teague are not saying he is innocent or been strong-armed into making the resignation decision. That was one fear, some fallout from Teague claiming he was treated unfairly. I believe one of the stories/sources hinted that Teague thought of fighting....

I never had that fear.

Scumbag move from Teague....sent an email out to explain himself to people inside/outside of the U and mentioned what event the incidents were a part of and the media started digging so the two women had to go public.

“Unfortunately, Teague has sent an email inside and outside of the U of M community, disclosing that these incidents of unwelcome sexual advances and verbal and physical sexual misconduct occurred at a University of Minnesota senior leadership retreat. With only a dozen women having attended the retreat, our identities have been rumored and speculated about. And some members of the media have sought to discover who we are."

http://www.startribune.com/teague-accusers-come-forward/321807131/

He was turned in by a couple of women that had real power and knew the system a point that I've made repeatedly. In some ways we're lucky he was that stupid, how long could he have continued, if stuck to preying on women where he held a huge power margin. I wonder how many victims there are, if his megalomania reached the point, that he thought he could go after one of the top dozen or so women at the U.

My biggest hope is that the investigation is completed, the proper measures are taken, we hire a new AD;......and move on asap. BUT, per usual this will probably be long and drawn out.

Go Gophers.

Hey, yesterday I got hammered at a work event. I hit on my boss's senior staff! And I did it in a way that left a permanent electronic record!

Go Gophers!!

Hey, yesterday I got hammered at a work event. I hit on my boss's senior staff! And I did it in a way that left a permanent electronic record!

If you did that I would have to say that you have suicidal tendencies. The only conclusion can be that you must have wanted to get caught because nobody can be that dumb.

Pioneer Press: Minneapolis attorney will league Teague investigation

The University of Minnesota has hired Minneapolis-based attorney Karen Schanfield to investigate what the school calls "key issues" involving the resignation of former Gophers athletics director Norwood Teague.

The school announced Friday that Schanfield, of the law firm Fredrikson & Byron P.A., has been retained by the U's general counsel on behalf of the Board of Regents. Schanfield's specialty is advising and representing employers on workplace matters, such as harassment, discrimination, noncompete agreements and retaliation.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci...lis-attorney-will-league-teague-investigation

Go Gophers!!

FoxSports: Norwood Teague scandal proves college sports has a long way to go

Ever since University of Minnesota athletic director Norwood Teague resigned last week amid a flurry of reports of sexual harassment and gender discrimination, two short sentences uttered by a university president have left an acrid, lingering taste in my mouth.

They’ve made me think about a lot of things: How could a university allow a man with a history of various actions against women get away with this? How could an esteemed institution of higher learning, one with an alumni base that has nine Nobel laureates and two former Vice Presidents of the United States, become a petri dish for this type of misogynistic behavior? How can big-time, big-money American sports – despite so much progress in recent decades to create a larger space for women – still breed an institutionalized culture that can lead to a powerful athletic director wielding his power in unwieldy ways.

How the hell can this happen, still, in 2015?

http://www.foxsports.com/college-ba...es-college-sports-has-a-long-way-to-go-081315

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom