Non-conference is now over, how many total B10 Ws do we end up with?

What say you Holers?

• Total voters

Glad to be right with my prediction for today but hopefully late Wednesday night I will no longer have the correct number of wins.

I said 7. Successful season in my eyes. Even with the bitter end.

And the final answer...

9 wins

View attachment 30493

Or do we count the B1G tournament games? Is the count still going?
Usually not for the regular season but of course they count for the overall record.
The Commissioner, after minimal review, has decided that it can be both.

So 9 wins Win and we’ll continue counting in the B10 Tournament: so it’s possible that 9 wins can win TWICE🤯😱 🥳 🎊

Season as a whole was successful compared to my expectations.
If this ends up being his best season, then I don't think we can look back on the season as a success. If he is able to build on this season and take it to greater heights next year, I can agree it is successful even though we are left with a bitter ending.

If this ends up being his best season, then I don't think we can look back on the season as a success. If he is able to build on this season and take it to greater heights next year, I can agree it is successful even though we are left with a bitter ending.

That’s true. If this is Ben’s best season he is the worst gopher coach ever

Dang.....was hoping I wouldn't end up getting this right when they got to 9 with 2 remaining.

Well, it is the first overall winning season since 2019 and is tied with 2019 for conference record so it has to be considered a modest success of sorts. Unfortunately, they were beaten so badly in the last two games that they dropped 11 NET ranks and now have a very good chance of failing to make the NIT. That would be a bitter conclusion to a season that seemed promising not that long ago.

Well, it is the first overall winning season since 2019 and is tied with 2019 for conference record so it has to be considered a modest success of sorts. Unfortunately, they were beaten so badly in the last two games that they dropped 11 NET ranks and now have a very good chance of failing to make the NIT. That would be a bitter conclusion to a season that seemed promising not that long ago.

This was also the easiest schedule we've played since 2008 and by a pretty wide margin.

Season exceeded my expectations, but that's only because after the first two years, my expectations were so low that exceeding my expectations still falls well short of my definition of success.

This is a better way to phrase how I feel

I guessed 8 I believe .

Last 3 games kinda ruined it for me after playing well of 6 or 7 in a row..... ugh

However .. 67.7% of you guessed 8 games or fewer and should be ok with the outcome.
We're all thrilled with a 9th place finish in the B1G! Holy cow! We avoided Weakling Wednesday!!!

However .. 67.7% of you guessed 8 games or fewer and should be ok with the outcome.

Logically one might think that but my guess is that the opposite probably occurred.

Those who maintained a relatively positive and hopeful outlook about the team through the season might be disappointed with the regular season finish but will say that the team performed relatively well given the overwhelming majority of preseason predictions.

Those who had no faith or positivity at all about the team will dismiss the fact that the team did much better than they thought they would and will continue to bitch about the team's failures and compare the team's performance to what a hypothetical "good" coach would have achieved in his third season. In fact, more than a few in the latter group are still hoping for a terrible loss in the Big Ten tournament followed by significant defections from the roster to keep the glimmer of hope alive that Ben Johnson may still be fired.

The Commissioner, after minimal review, has decided that it can be both.

So 9 wins Win and we’ll continue counting in the B10 Tournament: so it’s possible that 9 wins can win TWICE🤯😱 🥳 🎊
Nine Ws unfortunately wind both the regular & conference tournament win total contest

Top Bottom