new roster up for 2023-2024

You know, those 4* recruits that go to ....... Idaho.

Actually, not sure if this has been reported about Mr. Wilson, but according to his old Idaho roster page https://govandals.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/jack-wilson/5010 it says in 2018 he originally went to Oregon State, appearing in 7 games, but then "withdrew" and this allowed him to sign with Idaho for the remainder of 2018-19.

Wonder if that means he was a walk-on at OSU and therefore could switch teams within the same season to accept a scholarship offer? I have never heard of that, but I guess could make sense for those limited cases.

EDIT: ok No, it simply means he quit on Oregon State after 7 games of not getting minutes on the court as a freshman. He then did not play for Idaho that season, but assume he joined that program at some point in 2019.

https://www.buildingthedam.com/2018...man-center-jack-wilson-is-leaving-the-program

Wilson, who join guard Jordan Campbell as the second player to leave the program since the season officially begun, was expected to be a crucial piece of Oregon State’s front-court heading into this season. However, with the emergence of fellow seven-footer Kylor Kelley as a more reliable talent, even the absence of Gligorije Rakocevic due to injury, Wilson never quite found his way to steady minutes.

2.9 minutes per game in Nov & Dec 2018 for Oregon State against low and mid major non-conf.
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/jack-wilson-1/gamelog/2019

My dude was much leaner in those days!

:oops:
Gophers_withoutalife. Lol

Keep struggling dude. Howdy and Doogie are with you. Tell us how (dy) Zay and Fox can’t play.

He said the days of keeping 13 guys happy are over (not that has ever happened) IIRC
When you think about it, it seems like projection....I wonder if he is having trouble keeping 5 guys happy? Part of being a HC is navigating situations like this, not just waving a white flag and handicapping yourself because you have self-imposed your program with a penalty.

When you think about it, it seems like projection....I wonder if he is having trouble keeping 5 guys happy? Part of being a HC is navigating situations like this, not just waving a white flag and handicapping yourself because you have self-imposed your program with a penalty.
Part of coaching is navigating a situation you made up in your head? If he couldn't keep five guys happy, why would they stick around?

Sometimes players value winning ahead of playing time. So if you cut short scholarships and finish last, you will not make anyone happy, even the guys with sufficient playing time.
Just ask Cooper, Battle and Henley.

Obviously you have no coaching experience. You don’t build a new team throwing them to the wolves. This team has a chance and you would damage that chance.
Bwahahahahahahha mich state, duke, Kansas, Texas etc etc etc etc etc etc etc...all have tough non con games. They always do... The best wants to play the best... We would rather play spring lake park elementary to get into the "groove"... And what's worse... Is you support it

Bwahahahahahahha mich state, duke, Kansas, Texas etc etc etc etc etc etc etc...all have tough non con games. They always do... The best wants to play the best... We would rather play spring lake park elementary to get into the "groove"... And what's worse... Is you support it
Yep. You have no experience and if you did you couldn’t apply it.

I am a season-ticket holder, and I do not miss any games. We are bringing back a solid core of 4 guys who can start in the Big Ten. Along with two talented guards via the portal and two very talented freshman. The 4 that are returning learned to play together throughout the year and started playing very good basketball together, and by the end of the year we’re starting to win games. Now with the new additions and the summer workouts, their defense should get stronger and they will be able to put a much more talented team on the court. I am not gonna sit back and try to guess how many wins this team may or may not get I know they’re gonna be improved. and very fun to watch. I’m very much looking forward to the upcoming season. GO GOPHERS
I agree, Garcia, Payne are obvious, I like Carrington, he got used to the pace and when he got over his injuries he started playing pretty well, lots of upside, Ola-Joseph is a hardnosed kid, doesn't have the upside of Carrington but a nice support piece. Add the freshman Christie and Betts and the two from the portal you've got decent depth. Ihnen and Wilson don't need to be huge contributors.

I agree, Garcia, Payne are obvious, I like Carrington, he got used to the pace and when he got over his injuries he started playing pretty well, lots of upside, Ola-Joseph is a hardnosed kid, doesn't have the upside of Carrington but a nice support piece. Add the freshman Christie and Betts and the two from the portal you've got decent depth. Ihnen and Wilson don't need to be huge contributors.
Right that’s a solid 8 man rotation with Ihnen, Wilson and Fox as wild cards.

Solid eight man rotation until normal number of injuries occur.
I don't understand why he hasn't awarded the last available scholarship.
l hope he is just delaying until he is sure what position will need another player.
If he is unable to convince anyone else, he should just give it to AJ Plitzuweit who is a solid ball-handler and shooter and would not say no to playing in front of his family.

Solid eight man rotation until normal number of injuries occur.
I don't understand why he hasn't awarded the last available scholarship.
l hope he is just delaying until he is sure what position will need another player.
If he is unable to convince anyone else, he should just give it to AJ Plitzuweit who is a solid ball-handler and shooter and would not say no to playing in front of his family.
Maybe he was told by mgmnt ‘ah yeah, no more scholarships.’

Maybe true.
IMO, whoever's making that decision is making a mistake!

JOJ will be a very pleasant surprise.

Ahhh, you do know that we lost three starters right?
I do. I also know that three is less than five. Honestly, I'm impressed he only lost three and for what reasons we don't know. Battle wanted money, Cooper got cold, and Henley wanted a smaller campus. See, i can make things up too.

We have two 4 Star guards. A 1 and a combo. Plus Hawkins and Carrington

We have two 4 Star 3s. The position everyone is wetting their blankets over.
Paging @Wet_Blanket_Guy - you’re being mocked

We have 4 Star 4.
We have a 4 Star 5.
Plus Payne who started 4 games last year as a true freshman.

A lot of quality depth.

This is a well balanced roster.

Yes, @GopherWeatherGuy sees disasters everywhere, he’s biased due to his job.

I bet his stage name has a bad weather connotation- the local weather hottie was Amy Freeze, before she moved to a national gig at 🦊.
It's a disaster until proven otherwise. That means wins of significance. It's actually bias to think the opposite based on what has transpired so far. Let's go gophers, we are all yearning for team success.

It's a disaster until proven otherwise. That means wins of significance. It's actually bias to think the opposite based on what has transpired so far. Let's go gophers, we are all yearning for team success.
My post was 👅 in cheek.

I thought that was transparent based on the tomfoolery of my post.

I love everyone expressing positivity. I was raised to love the Gophers regardless. I am pulling for Ben. Go Gophers
There is certainly the possibility that someone can love the Gophers very much and because they do, they are not happy with the direction of the program. They speak out in an effort to effect change. Doesn't mean your love for the Gophers is superior to someone else's.

Good Gopher fans are not required to simulate the love of parents to overlook the bad decisions of the people in charge. It is a performance based business.

Two last place finishes and the fact nobody outside of GopherHole sees the Gophers anywhere but last in year three is why people are frustrated. If everybody had your philosophy we would continue to have sell out crowds. Unrest is healthy for change to happen.
All Gopher fans pull for Ben to win...some have watched the first two seasons and think his leadership makes winning unlikely. That's all...no more complicated than that.

Top Bottom