New Mexico St. bowl eligible in Jerry Kill's first year

No credible media ever called for his head
-the media

They just said that fleck is a whole bouquet of red flags. That’s not a call to fire at all

They never actually 'lie', yet they don't mind being completely dishonest in spirit.

At least they are comfortably predictable.

i wish not another post gets started about the clown who coached here named jer the great lier of coaches. he is just a joke.

In your opinion, were any of our wins worth a shit?
Sure. Wisconsin was a good win.
All the wins count Murray. It’s just that none were against teams above .500. I like to keep things in perspective. 🤷‍♂️

Sure. Wisconsin was a good win.
All the wins count Murray. It’s just that none were against teams above .500. I like to keep things in perspective. 🤷‍♂️

Yes. You definitely have a perspective: Let's not let any unwarranted enthusiasm invade a fan board.

So the Gophers in 2022 had one win that is worth a shit? That's some perspective you have there.

You must be a blast to sit next to at the games.

Yes. Let's not let any unwarranted enthusiasm invade a fan board.
Who said not to be enthused? I’m enthused to see AK8 again 🤷‍♂️ I simply said I like to keep things in perspective. A tweet saying NMSU is the 2nd team the Gophers beat that will be “bowling” provides some perspective, no?

Who said not to be enthused? I’m enthused to see AK8 again 🤷‍♂️ I simply said I like to keep things in perspective. A tweet saying NMSU is the 2nd team the Gophers beat that will be “bowling” provides some perspective, no?

Yes. Thanks for allowing enthusiasm. You are are priceless.

To be fair, pretty nifty coaching job by Country Jer.

I know that it's Falwell's school. Maybe they need the church to denounce them.
Watch the Hulu doc God Forbid if you haven't already.

Edited: because my generalized statement on tax free institutions that don't follow rules was probably more offensive than I intended.

Last edited:

Watch the Hulu doc God Forbid if you haven't already. Entertaining and revealing of a typical scam when it comes to tax exempt religious institutions breaking every rule in sight.
I'm missing something here. What is it in this post that deals with Jerry Kill and New Mexico?

I'm missing something here. What is it in this post that deals with Jerry Kill and New Mexico?
It was pretty tangential. Jerry's team beat Liberty, a school with tons of baggage created by their founding family in the past few years. Not really a shocker that someone took a broad shot at the institution. As far as my comment, I probably should have just left it at recommending the doc.

That makes sense. It wasn't NMSU's fault that San Jose backed out (for good reason) and left them a game short.
Plus who knows, they just blew the doors off Liberty, grant it I'm sure losing Freeze played a part in that, but still impressive for that program. I imagine they'll get the waiver, with a win, especially if it's a year where 5-7 teams are filling in Bowl slots

I'll say this about 'ol Jer....

After watching his teams start of the year, to see them with AT LEAST 5 wins is shocking to me, much less bowl eligible.

Congrats to him and NMSU
Think Kill's the perfect coach for them. You're not going to get anything more than the bottom of the barrell for talent there, so you really need someone that has a system and can develop players. Kill always been someone that can raise the floor at programs. Think they're joining a Conference next year so I hope that helps.

I've said all along he's a very good coach. Did a lot of good things at Minnesota. This year might be his best coaching job.👏

So, at 5-6, NMSU would be selected over 5-7 teams? I would guess that's dependent on beating Valparaiso, but since Valparaiso is a non-scholarship team, that's highly unlikely to happen.

Think Kill's the perfect coach for them. You're not going to get anything more than the bottom of the barrell for talent there, so you really need someone that has a system and can develop players. Kill always been someone that can raise the floor at programs. Think they're joining a Conference next year so I hope that helps.
Kill might be stuck in his ways as an offensive mind, but one thing about him is he's never had trouble getting his guys to run through a brick wall for him.

So, at 5-6, NMSU would be selected over 5-7 teams? I would guess that's dependent on beating Valparaiso, but since Valparaiso is a non-scholarship team, that's highly unlikely to happen.

New Mexico State is headed to a bowl game after having its waiver to be eligible at 5-6 approved by the NCAA Division I football oversight committee.

The Aggies had applied for the waiver because they couldn't schedule a game against an 11th FBS opponent, despite extensive efforts to do so. An Oct. 22 home game against San Jose State was postponed and later canceled after the death of San Jose State player Camdan McWright in a traffic collision Oct. 21. New Mexico State will play Valparaiso on Saturday but cannot count a potential second win against an FCS opponent toward its overall bowl eligibility.

The team's waiver approval means that only two or three 5-7 teams will fill bowl spots this year. New Mexico State will fill one of three available spots, and Buffalo can fill another if it beats Akron in a rescheduled game Friday to finish 6-6. (
Edit: It did) Rice, which has the highest Academic Progress Rate score among 5-7 teams, will be able to fill an available bowl spot..

New Mexico State has made only one bowl appearance since 1960, when it beat Utah State in the 2017 Arizona Bowl.

No. Are you the worst Gopher fan to sit next to in the stadium?
Do you get a lot of pleasure from picking fights with people you don't know, over issues that don't matter? It must be really exhilarating for you, otherwise you wouldn't do it.

Do you get a lot of pleasure from picking fights with people you don't know, over issues that don't matter? It must be really exhilarating for you, otherwise you wouldn't do it.

Hey, this is still a Gopher fan site. I felt like post #24 on this thread absolutely needed to be called out. And to me at least, post #24 is much closer to 'jackass' territory than anything I've ever posted. It was a snide little dig at my favorite team and their season.

I reserve the right to post a rebuttal.

Last edited:

It was pretty tangential. Jerry's team beat Liberty, a school with tons of baggage created by their founding family in the past few years. Not really a shocker that someone took a broad shot at the institution. As far as my comment, I probably should have just left it at recommending the doc.
Someone posted why a private evangelical university would take such a chance on hiring Freeze as HC. I posted to Google Jerry Falwell Jr.

Hey, this is still a Gopher fan site. I felt like post #24 on this thread absolutely needed to be called out. And to me at least, post #24 is much closer to 'jackass' territory than anything I've ever posted. It was a snide little dig at my favorite team and their season.

I reserve the right to post a rebuttal.
Post #24, really? That set you off? Wow.

Post #24, really? That set you off? Wow.

You don't think it was a snide dig at the quality of the Gophers wins this season, I guess.
Or, maybe you're saying I should have just let it ride; I mean, after all, it's just him being him. Shouldn't have let it bug me.

One thing is certain: in future posts, I'll make an honest effort to rebut in a kinder, gentler way. I seem to have offended more than one person here, and that's obviously on me.

Time to change my best.

Last edited:

Top Bottom