New Mexico St. bowl eligible in Jerry Kill's first year

as I understand it, this would still require a waiver because Valpo is the 2nd FCS team that NMState will have played this year, and normally, you can only have 1 win over an FCS team count toward bowl eligibility.

and - the "cancelled" game was against San Jose State - a team that went 7-4 this season.

So, if that game had been played, NMState would have been an underdog.

hey, I'm not trying to dump on Jerry's crew, but this is still a stretch.

Again Tony - The thread title is completely misleading.
Not really. It's the tweet that's misleading. They don't need to "earn bowl eligibility". They have already been granted bowl eligibility regardless of the outcome of their game against Valparaiso.

Not really. It's the tweet that's misleading. They don't need to "earn bowl eligibility". They have already been granted bowl eligibility regardless of the outcome of their game against Valparaiso.

That makes sense. It wasn't NMSU's fault that San Jose backed out (for good reason) and left them a game short.

From his tweet included it certainly is...did he attach the article link and I missed it?

The Tweet was made yesterday but the bowl waiver article from ESPN was made at 1pm today. Timing.

They will only be eligible if they get a waiver to have two FCS opponents count for bowl eligibility

Valpo lost to st Thomas 34-7 this year
At least their other FCS opponent gives scholarships!

Good for him and that team. Way outperformed expectations. And the thrashing that they put on Liberty last week (49-14)....I get that team is in flux with the HC leaving for Auburn....but what happened!? Their three previous losses this year were by a total of SIX points to (Wake, UCONN, and VTech). Beat Arkansas and absolutely dominated BYU.

Very odd.

Good for him and that team. Way outperformed expectations. And the thrashing that they put on Liberty last week (49-14)....I get that team is in flux with the HC leaving for Auburn....but what happened!? Their three previous losses this year were by a total of SIX points to (Wake, UCONN, and VTech). Beat Arkansas and absolutely dominated BYU.

Very odd.
Interesting the now auburn coach was 8-1 when auburn coach was fired
Finished 0-3 and lost to some below average teams

Interesting the now auburn coach was 8-1 when auburn coach was fired
Finished 0-3 and lost to some below average teams

Knowing who Freeze is....probably reasonable to say that he completely abandoned his Liberty team when the Auburn job became a likely destination.

Feel bad for the kids on the team. Don't feel bad for the University. It was actually pretty funny to see this Evangelical University hire a guy with Freeze's resume in the first place.

I'm waiting for a certain poster...

Also, Tony's tweet says that "With a win, the Aggies would become the second bowl-eligible team the #Gophers have beaten this season."

Knowing who Freeze is....probably reasonable to say that he completely abandoned his Liberty team when the Auburn job became a likely destination.

Feel bad for the kids on the team. Don't feel bad for the University. It was actually pretty funny to see this Evangelical University hire a guy with Freeze's resume in the first place.
Not really, Google Jerry Falwell Jr.

That would be a pretty good reward for Jerry's team in his first year. I would think he could build on that.
He follows it up with a better year in 2023, and I bet he gets some serious looks from some lower end P5 schools.

Jerry is good at finding the weaknesses of bad teams. See no. Ill over Brewster but not really more than that.

They’re in.
Michigan state should’ve canceled the penn state game, they’d be bowling

This is wonderful news. When the local media gets their wish and PJ is fired, Kill can come back and I can once again wear my Jerrysota shirt with pride!

This is wonderful news. When the local media gets their wish and PJ is fired, Kill can come back and I can once again wear my Jerrysota shirt with pride!
No credible media ever called for his head
-the media

They just said that fleck is a whole bouquet of red flags. That’s not a call to fire at all

Top Bottom