Nebraska Boards in full Chicken Little mode...

Com_Cool

There were a lot of husker fans above where we were sitting and they were loud until about half way through the first quarter. Didn't hear a peep from them after that and watched them flood out at the end of the 3rd quarter
I should add that my actual interactions with Nebraska fans was good. My favorite was while standing in line for the bathroom, Minnesota and Nebraska fans were joking around about Minnesota going from the troughs in the Metrodome to the urinals now. Kind of a dumb convo, but everyone was laughing and having a good time.

Great Plains Gopher

I know they got skunked, but the Husker board was unusually profane and vulgar. With their schedule and Martinez & Robinson back, they can still win eight games and maybe a bowl.

WorkingMyTailOff

I had friendly interactions with their fans. They tipped their cap and I asked one if it would have made a difference if Martinez played and he said no. The LOS was a massacre

Vandy

Their fans are decent enough in person, their fan forums, Husker Max, etc. are delusional. Rarely do they admit any respect to an opponent. They refuse to acknowledge that it is no longer 1997.... The worm has turned, and the B1G is far more formidable than they ever imagined.

CurveballJesus

Several posters over there are talking about needing a D-Coordinator with Big Ten experience. I think a TC pairing would be a good fit, presuming his leaving WSU mid-season doesn't burn bridges with future bosses

RodentRampage

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/19583/cornmeal-mush/

1 1/4 cups cornmeal2
1/2 cups water
1/2 teaspoon salt

Mix together cornmeal, water, and salt in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens, about 5 to 7 minutes.
If using as cereal, spoon mush into bowls and serve with milk and sugar, if desired. If frying, pour mixture into a loaf pan and chill completely. Remove from pan, cut into slices, and fry in a small amount of oil over medium-high heat until browned on both sides. Serve with sauce of your choice.

Last edited:

Pompous Elitist

Well, it’s always darkest before the dawn. I suspect even some of the biggest PJF cult members were starting to let a little doubt creep in after Illinois and a string of embarrassing Big Ten performances going back to 2017.

Fair for Husker fans to question the direction of things and despair after letting themselves believe it would be a quick turnaround/UCF type scenario. Maybe they right the boat later this season or next year, maybe not (hopefully not).

Some people think MN fans are negative — go read that board.

Face The Facts

Fleck Superfan
I have now read 1 or 2 posts that give us credit.

One that called us a "Very good team" which wasn't popular on their board.

Another one where this loss was more embarrassing than OSU, and called us "Top 5".

So that's cool.

PMWinSTP

I have now read 1 or 2 posts that give us credit.

One that called us a "Very good team" which wasn't popular on their board.

Another one where this loss was more embarrassing than OSU, and called us "Top 5".

So that's cool.
I actually took that Top 5 post to be a bit of self deprecation and calling out the delusional Big Red fans...

MGGopher

My favorite was a response to a post on Frost's presser comment: "We got pushed around a little."

"Yeah, and WWII was a little conflict."

Buck_Buchanan

Their fans are decent enough in person, their fan forums, Husker Max, etc. are delusional. Rarely do they admit any respect to an opponent. They refuse to acknowledge that it is no longer 1997.... The worm has turned, and the B1G is far more formidable than they ever imagined.

3-4 vs U of MN in their last 7 meetings.
We had a fan near us that kept screaming, “Come On - Black Shirts!”
She left early in 2nd half. Didn’t have any interaction with their fans but shook my head over the “Black Shirts” comment.

noamfromm

I should add that my actual interactions with Nebraska fans was good. My favorite was while standing in line for the bathroom, Minnesota and Nebraska fans were joking around about Minnesota going from the troughs in the Metrodome to the urinals now. Kind of a dumb convo, but everyone was laughing and having a good time.
I had the same conversation. I truly wish we had troughs to speed up the line.

Latest profile posts