Nebraska 2021 Schedule Update .... opening game vs ... Fordham....

Who was the original opponent?

Yep so they swapped a direction Louisiana late in the year for an early season cupcake instead. Looks like they do gain a week off after getting beat down from Ohio State before taking on Wisconsin and Iowa so I guess that will be good for them.

Yep so they swapped a direction Louisiana late in the year for an early season cupcake instead. Looks like they do gain a week off after getting beat down from Ohio State before taking on Wisconsin and Iowa so I guess that will be good for them.
Yeah they try to claim the change is due to their game vs Illinois in Ireland being cancelled and moved to the US due to COVID, and that was why they opted to swap the game to be earlier.

However, this reads to me as "We think the season will be greatly influenced by how well we start, so we want the pad the beginning of the season as much as possible"

Some replies from Reddit, from Nebraska fans:

Nebraska • Big 8jonstark19
It makes all the sense in the world to have moved a game to be earlier in the season, glad they figured it out w/o looking like cowards this time.

Nebraska • Porter2455
Fordham hasn't played a P5 team since 1954 lol

Nebraska • J-Dirte
Fuck you Fordham, you are going down.

Does anyone know if Fordham is better or worse than McNeese State?

It makes all the sense in the world to have moved a game to be earlier in the season, glad they figured it out w/o looking like cowards this time.

Nebraska • Porter2455

Nebraska • J-Dirte
How hard can we troll Nebby if Gophs and Fordham pull off the opener upsets?

Last edited:

Per the Chucker:

And you are?
Fordham.
FOOORD HAM. Well...I can't thank you enough for all your time.

Yeah they try to claim the change is due to their game vs Illinois in Ireland being cancelled and moved to the US due to COVID, and that was why they opted to swap the game to be earlier.

However, this reads to me as "We think the season will be greatly influenced by how well we start, so we want the pad the beginning of the season as much as possible"
No way.
They swapped an FCS late season for an FCS week 2

Before game got moved from Ireland to Illinois they’d be coming back from Ireland and probably taking some time after the trip to let the kids see a little bit without game prep.

this makes a ton of sense. It’s not like they’re swapping a good opponent for a bad one.

Nebraska • Porter2455

Nebraska • J-Dirte
Fordham more willing to accept a check this year due to Covid budget issues

More wins early in the schedule to keep everybody happy until the gauntlet at the end of the season.

As far as I know McNeese State actually exists ... I'm kinda skeptical for Fordham's existence....
Donald Trump spent his freshman and sophomore years at Fordham before transferring to the University of Pennsylvania for his junior and senior years. So, it used to exist!

Nebraska • Porter2455

Nebraska • J-Dirte
And they still won't...........

I hope Fordham spends the whole summer coming up with some awesome sideline cheers so Frost can complain to the Patriot League after they lose 28-24

It is difficult for me to see a real difference between the two schools in terms of providing a threat to NE.
What is obvious is that there is panic and fear in NE that Frost is not turning out to be the Moses who will lead them to the promised land of "national relevance".

Top Bottom