NDSU or Iowa

Maroon92

Reaction score
Dislike both of them-- a loss who most likely hurt Iowa overall as NDSU will make their playoffs regardless so I guess I want Iowa to lose

any reason that we would cheer for Iowa in this game

Cheer for Iowa if you want the B10 to look good from a national perspective. Cheer for a meteor to hit the stadium if you're a gopher fan

In football you absolutely cheer for NDSU. F iowa

Cheer for Iowa if you want the B10 to look good from a national perspective. Cheer for a meteor to hit the stadium if you're a gopher fan

Honestly as a gopher fan how does an Iowa win help us? I know they are ranked but nationally the only teams on the radar are OSU, Michigan and st.. As a gopher fan you should absolutely be cheering for Iowa to lose.

Ummmm, noooo. You cheer AGAINST your rival when they play FCS teams.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Can't stand for either to be victorious. If I must choose, it has to be Iowa losing simply because it adds an extra notch in the loss column.

Honestly as a gopher fan how does an Iowa win help us? I know they are ranked but nationally the only teams on the radar are OSU, Michigan and st.. As a gopher fan you should absolutely be cheering for Iowa to lose.

hurts perception of B10, specifically the west if iowa loses to NDSU and then beats many teams in the west. this would hurt us if you thought we had a shot at a national title and for potential bowl bids (if we weren't automatically tied to certain bowls based on rank). In reality, I'm torn. I'm around more NDSU fans and they become insufferable when they beat FBS teams, but I hate Iowa. It's almost a lose-lose. Hence why I'll cheer for the meteor...

Umm, we're cheering for the meteor.

Best case scenario is for Iowa to beat NDSU, then for the Gophers to beat them afterwards. :drink:

Didn't we already have this thread

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

I want Iowa to stomp NDSU, shuts up those trolls that think the Bison are a B1G level team. We and a couple others will take care of Iowa later.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If they beat Iowa they might be a B1G level team. They have won against the B1G in the past. If our midget sister, the Sioux Forks State University Fighting Buffalo beat Miss Piggy all the better. I hate Ioweeweewee and love the Gophers. If SFSU isn't playing us, I wish them well. Lots of good Minnesota kids the Gophers couldn't use playing there.

NDSU had to go to OT to beat Eastern Washington in Fargo last week. Iowa by 3 touchdowns

Iowa. Here is why.

Iowa win makes our game in a few weeks with them a lot more meaningful and fun. Them losing isn't going to increase our chances of beating them. They are still the same team. Plus, it's hurts them a lot more when we beat them in a good year, then a bad year.

NDSU fans are horrible. Not the ones that actual went to the school, because they will say the same thing. The fans that hopped on the bandwagon, who are also the ones saying they would win the B1G or the Big 12. Those idiots don't need any more fuel.

Iowa. Here is why.

Iowa win makes our game in a few weeks with them a lot more meaningful and fun. Them losing isn't going to increase our chances of beating them. They are still the same team. Plus, it's hurts them a lot more when we beat them in a good year, then a bad year.

NDSU fans are horrible. Not the ones that actual went to the school, because they will say the same thing. The fans that hopped on the bandwagon, who are also the ones saying they would win the B1G or the Big 12. Those idiots don't need any more fuel.

but but the sagarin rankings

I root for the utter destruction of Iowa and Wisconsin. I want them to lose every game.

Rankings be damned. Conference strength be damned. Everything else be damned.

I don't care if the B1G is viewed as the weakest conference in the nation.

We can start to worry about our national relevance when we are relevant to the playoff conversation.

Until then, meteors can rain down on Madison and Iowa City.

NDSU had to go to OT to beat Eastern Washington in Fargo last week. Iowa by 3 touchdowns

The Eastern Washington that beat WSU?

Caring about NDSU fans opinions is so bush league. You root for
1) the underdog
2) Iowa and Wisconsin to lose
3) The B1G

The Eastern Washington that beat WSU?

Caring about NDSU fans opinions is so bush league. You root for
1) the underdog
2) Iowa and Wisconsin to lose
3) The B1G

Agreed.

The whole insecurity about NDSU thing just makes gopher fans look bad.

Having lived for many years in Fargo, I hate NDSU with a pure and unquenchable hate that will last 1000 years after I am dead. I want them to get mauled, belted, cudgeled, stomped, into bleeding, flaming buffalo fragments. The pride of Bison fans is an flaming arrow in my eye socket, and it must be extinguished forever.

Seeing Iowa ghetto-stomp NDSU will be sweet. I only wish it was the Gophers playing them.

Agreed.

The whole insecurity about NDSU thing just makes gopher fans look bad.

Its always easy for you gopher fans who live elsewhere to say that but try living in Fargo and dealing with these crazies.

Overall though I still will be cheering for NDSU as I can never cheer for Iowa. It won't matter this game won't be close. NDSU should be 0-2 this year.

Its always easy for you gopher fans who live elsewhere to say that but try living in Fargo and dealing with these crazies.

Overall though I still will be cheering for NDSU as I can never cheer for Iowa. It won't matter this game won't be close. NDSU should be 0-2 this year.

I don't let other people enjoying their team bother me.

^This is true.

The ultimate win for me would be to see Iowa beat NDSU in humiliating fashion, then NDSU's charter plane crashes into the Iowa football complex on the way home.

I'm not kidding.

We should hope that Iowa curb stomps NDSU and then we go 2014 on Iowa when we play them. In one game we shut up the team to the north and silent the team to the south all with one win.

An NDSU win or close loss does us no good. If they beat Iowa and we beat Iowa, they say that they could be big ten west Champs because they beat Iowa and they beat us. And if we lose to Iowa and they beat Iowa... well let's not even think about that.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Who cares what it makes the Big Ten and the West look like? Go Bison.

The Gophers control their own destiny by winning.

Top Bottom