NCAA STATEMENT - "Only Essential Staff and Limited Family Attendance"

70,000 deaths last year from common flu. Not a word from media. Now they have named the new flu “Trump flu”. Thanks goodness we don’t have a liberal as President or we would all be locked in our homes like the people in New Rochelle. Under a liberal Governor. But as I wrote, the people at the BB tournament will watch their team at the nearest watering hole. In close personal contact. Probably closer than at the tournament. Much like what will happen next week in Wrestling Championships here in Mn.

It's a slightly smaller crowd (but still significant), but this might force Minnesota to essentially lose the D1 National Wrestling Tournament.

Same deal for wrestling. No fans other than family.

We might be on the verge here of NCAAs cancellation

Same deal for wrestling. No fans other than family.
I wonder how they are going to enforce the "limited family" restriction for these events. About the only way would be to have each participant make a list of family members, beforehand, that could attend. That would be hard to accomplish in such a short amount of time (even the BTT is doing this, tomorrow), so maybe they will use the honor system? Maybe each athlete's family will suddenly grow by hundreds/thousands of members? ?

I challenge someone to show up at the arena and claim they are Brady Rudrud's uncle, or Michael Hurt's cousin, and see how it works.

70,000 deaths last year from common flu. Not a word from media. Now they have named the new flu “Trump flu”. Thanks goodness we don’t have a liberal as President or we would all be locked in our homes like the people in New Rochelle. Under a liberal Governor. But as I wrote, the people at the BB tournament will watch their team at the nearest watering hole. In close personal contact. Probably closer than at the tournament. Much like what will happen next week in Wrestling Championships here in Mn.

Thanks, Pete. Good to know I can rely on some guy on the internet instead of what experts are telling us. BTW, even your buffoon hero seems to be starting to realize that maybe he's not quite as brilliant as you still think he is.

I will go out on a limb and say that Hoiberg getting sick tonight will probably get the NCAA tourney cancelled.

I will go out on a limb and say that Hoiberg getting sick tonight will probably get the NCAA tourney cancelled.
That’s too much, too soon, without testing. Test him, test the team.

He could just be under a lot of stress from losing so much this year.

If he or Neb players do have it though ... tough to see the Big Ten tourny not being cancelled. Wisc gets auto bid.

Postgame, Archie Miller and a Nebraska coach bumped elbows and the two teams raised their fists from across the court to acknowledge each other.

Last edited:

Postgame, Archie Miller and a Nebraska coach bumped elbows and the two teams raised their fists from across the court to acknowledge each other.

I saw that. I'm not sure that avoiding the postgame handshakes accomplishes much after the two teams were out there bumping against one another for 40 minutes.

I saw that. I'm not sure that avoiding the postgame handshakes accomplishes much after the two teams were out there bumping against one another for 40 minutes.
Yep, hard breathing, exertion, spit flying. Handling the same ball.

Top Bottom