NCAA STATEMENT - "Only Essential Staff and Limited Family Attendance"

Interesting how this plays out.

Will the NCAA change the decision in a few weeks for the Regional Finals?

I have been to NCAA Tourney games every year since 2000. Personally, really bummed out.

Having said that, fully support this decision. Be healthy.

Perhaps they will also rule out any coaching changes, grad transfers, and require all high school recruits to attend their home state college.

Interesting how this plays out.

Will the NCAA change the decision in a few weeks for the Regional Finals?

I would have to say the statement was pretty definitive. No.

I would have to say the statement was pretty definitive. No.
The statement literally says they will monitor the situation and make adjustments as needed. They gave themselves room to change the decision.

The statement literally says they will monitor the situation and make adjustments as needed. They gave themselves room to change the decision.

There is 0.0% chance it improves to the point that fans will be allowed within 2 weeks.

Can't see a scenario they cancel the tournament altogether. No fans should be fine. It's still gonna be very competitive. These kids have played plenty of games in front of hardly any fans in their time growing up, coaches should be fine. Let's roll.

Also small venues would be awesome. Maybe fill up a stadium and have it even louder than normal NCAA tournament games.

Anything is possible, but I think it will be months before this gets better, not weeks.

NBA, NHL and MLB should be following suit soon.
NBA and NHL should just cancel and take a couple months off before the play-offs. I could see MLB just delaying the start as well and playing a shorter schedule.

Can't see a scenario they cancel the tournament altogether. No fans should be fine. It's still gonna be very competitive. These kids have played plenty of games in front of hardly any fans in their time growing up, coaches should be fine. Let's roll.

Also small venues would be awesome. Maybe fill up a stadium and have it even louder than normal NCAA tournament games.

Arenas for the D2/3 playoff games this weekend are also included in this policy....so their goal will be not to fill up an arena of any size.

I bet "families" will be limited to 2 per player max.

There is 0.0% chance it improves to the point that fans will be allowed within 2 weeks.
You might very well be correct but that’s not what the NCAA statement said.

NBA and NHL should just cancel and take a couple months off before the play-offs. I could see MLB just delaying the start as well and playing a shorter schedule.
If players are good with that, go for it.

You might very well be correct but that’s not what the NCAA statement said.

True, though I took the "reserve the right to make adjustments part" that they could kabosh the whole thing or change venues (or cities) entirely.

Hate to be a glass half empty, but like I said 0.0% chance it gets better in the short term. Take the drastic measures in the 1st & 2nd round and 4 days later for the Sweet 16 let fans in? Think of that kind of liability if any of those fans/players/staff were then infected.

March sadness but the correct decision. TV ratings should be way up.

I feel bad for my friends who traveled down to Indy. Can't leave til their scheduled flight, unless they're able to change it.

Wow. Can you imagine if this was last year and we would have essentially lost our Final Four?!

Go Gophers!!
It's a slightly smaller crowd (but still significant), but this might force Minnesota to essentially lose the D1 National Wrestling Tournament.

Wow! How stupid can the NCAA be? They are just buying into the media driven pandemic. What do they think the fans are going to do now that they can’t attend the game? 90% will go to the nearest watering hole to watch the games, in close personal contact. It’s a good thing Trump is President, rather than some open border liberal.

Wow! How stupid can the NCAA be? They are just buying into the media driven pandemic. What do they think the fans are going to do now that they can’t attend the game? 90% will go to the nearest watering hole to watch the games, in close personal contact. It’s a good thing Trump is President, rather than some open border liberal.

Your clueless, but that’s ok. You can be at the bar w the other idiots. Just be considerate and stay away fom your elderly parents and grandparents after.

Could you explain what a "media driven pandemic" is please? Thanks.

Too soon?

Attachments

• bringoutyourdead.jpeg
    bringoutyourdead.jpeg
    9 KB · Views: 4

Top Bottom