Mitchell commits!!

I don't know if this has been posted before on Mitchell, but for what it's worth here is Bossi's opinion of Mitchell coming to the Gophers: https://247sports.com/college/oklah...rtal-13-under-the-radar-transfers--210379149/

MIKE MITCHELL JR., G; FROM PEPPERDINE TO MINNESOTA​

11773399.jpg
(Photo: Getty)
2022-23 stats: 11.4 points, 4.1 rebounds and 5.0 assists per game.
247Sports Transfer Portal ranking: No. 59
Bossi’s take: The Gophers lost some pretty productive players to the portal and really needed to find a ball handler who can score and create. They’ve got exactly that in Mike Mitchell Jr. Ranked among the top 150 by 247Sports coming out of high school, Mitchell is a scoring point guard whose had two very good years at Pepperdine. He shoots extremely well from deep, can be a clever passer and will stick his nose in there among the big guys to help out on the glass. The most important thing for Mitchell as he makes the move to the Big Ten will be taking care of the ball a little better. If he does that, his impact should be pretty instantaneous in Minneapolis.

Last edited:

So Mitchell is gonna bring a lifetime supply of shrimp to the team?🤔

Is it me or does it look like he's starting to develop a bit of a Dad Bod? I know, at his age, it would only take 3 weeks or so of cardio to do it, but I see a guy who could stand to lose 5-10 pounds of shrimp from his mid-section.

Maybe it's just his body style and he is actually in superior shape right now, or he wasn't that fit when the video was shot or maybe I'm just imagining it.

Is it me or does it look like he's starting to develop a bit of a Dad Bod? I know, at his age, it would only take 3 weeks or so of cardio to do it, but I see a guy who could stand to lose 5-10 pounds of shrimp from his mid-section.

Maybe it's just his body style and he is actually in superior shape right now, or he wasn't that fit when the video was shot or maybe I'm just imagining it.
Soft bellies?

My first impression was that he sure doesn’t look ripped or even in really good condition.

My first impression was that he sure doesn’t look ripped or even in really good condition.
Hey now -

Is this Gopherhole or Gloryhole?

Or maybe it is the off season and he has only been on campus for a week. Also have to assume he lost access to his former teams facilities and training staff when he decided to transfer.

He will have multiple months to get into game shape if he isn't/wasn't already there when this video was shot.

Or maybe it is the off season and he has only been on campus for a week. Also have to assume he lost access to his former teams facilities and training staff when he decided to transfer.

He will have multiple months to get into game shape if he isn't/wasn't already there when this video was shot.
Yeah. That’s what we kept waiting for from Samuels.

I love that people worry about whether he'll be in shape. Im pretty sure he will be, but its the summer so i guess we should be stupid about something!

I love that people worry about whether he'll be in shape. Im pretty sure he will be, but its the summer so i guess we should be stupid about something!
We’ve been burned by out of shape transfers multiple times in recent years. Hate to admit it, but it was literally the first thing I thought when I watched the video. Here’s hoping “the new hire” Wilson will get everybody rowing in the weight room.

I think it would be best if these welcome interviews were done shirtless so we can adequately assess the shape and build of each newcomer.

Thanks in advance,

- a 5'8" 225 lb (35 BMI) Gopher Fan

Top Bottom