Mitchell commits!!

Anybody know who else they are looking at.
Only other scheduled visit I've heard is the kid from Charleston Southern. (Claudell Harris Jr.)

Plenty of other guys we've reached out on but nothing too promising. Who knows behind the scenes though.

Other Names Mentioned:

-Jalen Cone (Northern Arizona)
-Jayden Taylor (Butler) DIFFICULT
-Jackson Paveletzke (Wofford) DIFFICULT
-Javon Small (ECU)

About 30-40 other guys have been contacted.

Last edited:

Only other scheduled visit I've heard is the kid from Charleston Southern. (Claudell Harris Jr.)

Plenty of other guys we've reached out on but nothing too promising. Who knows behind the scenes though.

Other Names Mentioned:

-Jalen Cone (Northern Arizona)
-Jayden Taylor (Butler) DIFFICULT
-Jackson Paveletzke (Wofford) DIFFICULT
-Javon Small (ECU)

About 30-40 other guys have been contacted.
I had read in various places that all of above had interest in us too.

What I really want to know... and perhaps it has been covered in these 7 pages of comments; how (or really, why??) does someone move from Malibu to Minneapolis??

/s (kind of..)

What I really want to know... and perhaps it has been covered in these 7 pages of comments; how (or really, why??) does someone move from Malibu to Minneapolis??

/s (kind of..)
I think they come in thinking, "how bad could it be?" Then after 3 months of not seeing sun they realize how much it sucks.

/s (kind of..)
Great sales job, and looking for something more important than weather. He can swing back to warm weather in his future. He doesn't need it now.

Still gotta ask though. How is the Athletes Village still not paid off? And on top of that, we are trying to get people to pay for NIL?
Is Lou Nanne still heading up the fund-raising?
If we received favorable financing terms, why would we be in a rush to pay it off? The AD could probably buy US bonds to cover the interest payments and more.

/s (kind of..)
Because Jackie Treehorn and his publishing and social advocacy, leave no room in Malibu, for the rest of us.

Watched an interview from last night by Doogie.

For what it’s worth, the teams he said that we hard to say no to are:

Boise St, UNLV, Utah, and Ole Miss.

I think they come in thinking, "how bad could it be?" Then after 3 months of not seeing sun they realize how much it sucks.
I live 13 miles from Malibu and is seems like it’s been raining constantly since December. It is also unseasonably cold.

So maybe, it won’t seem that bad to him. After all, I’d rather have cold and snow than cold and wet.

I live 13 miles from Malibu and is seems like it’s been raining constantly since December. It is also unseasonably cold.

So maybe, it won’t seem that bad to him. After all, I’d rather have cold and snow than cold and wet.
After growing up in Minnesota, then putting up with Wyoming winters for several years, I finally moved to northern California. My first winter in town, they got their first snowfall in 10 years. (cue Sam Kinnison: "Aahh, Aahh, Aahh! Where do I have to move?!?") I get upset when it gets down under 50. Unless there's a death in the family, my goal is to never come back to MN between Oct. and May. And honestly, not a fan of the July and Aug. humidity either, so those two months are out as well. But I love the Gophers. Maybe I'll catch them when they travel to UCLA or USC.

After growing up in Minnesota, then putting up with Wyoming winters for several years, I finally moved to northern California. My first winter in town, they got their first snowfall in 10 years. (cue Sam Kinnison: "Aahh, Aahh, Aahh! Where do I have to move?!?") I get upset when it gets down under 50. Unless there's a death in the family, my goal is to never come back to MN between Oct. and May. And honestly, not a fan of the July and Aug. humidity either, so those two months are out as well. But I love the Gophers. Maybe I'll catch them when they travel to UCLA or USC.
So if I'm reading this right 10 months are out and only June and September remain :)

I think folks in MN and Malibu might be thinking of different things when they say cold.

I know those words look the same, but they stand for completely different ideas.

I think folks in MN and Malibu might be thinking of different things when they say cold.

I know those words look the same, but they stand for completely different ideas.
This reminds me of when I went to Los Angeles at the end of February one time. Seventy-two degrees and I was laying out poolside while people walked around in jackets.

I know exactly what Otis is saying. This winter in California has been the worst since I moved out here from Minnesota in '97. Not only the rain, but the cold and when you combine the 2 (of which we've been in for more than 2 months now), it's a different thing to go out in 40 degree weather and have it pouring so you get drenched immediately. You're cold to the bone and it seems like you never warm up.

Now, yes, Minnesota can be cold, but as long as you stay dry, it's really not that bad (obviously depends on how cold it truly gets) and the snow is fun to be in as well.

I know, play that violin with your fingers for me since I have it so bad...

Last edited:

I know exactly what Otis is saying. This winter in California has been the worst since I moved out here from Minnesota in '97. Not only the rain, but the cold and when you combine the 2 (of which we've been in for more than 2 months now), it's a different thing to go out in 40 degree weather and have it pouring so you get drenched immediately. You're cold to the bone and seems like you never warm up.

Now, yes, Minnesota can be cold, but as long as you stay dry, it's really not that bad (obviously depends on how cold it truly gets) and the snow is fun to be in as well.

I know, play that violin with your fingers for me since I have it so bad...
Agreed. When I was at Ft Bragg in NC the humid cold 40 degrees was pretty rough. Perhaps it was just easier to take, due to being mentally prepared back in MN.

So if I'm reading this right 10 months are out and only June and September remain :)
I prefer to spend all of my time in MN in September, October, May and June.

So I'm not too far off from that guy.

Actually May isn't bad either. :). Although the last time I was up there on a Memorial Day week-end, it was 48 and raining all week-end.

Agreed. When I was at Ft Bragg in NC the humid cold 40 degrees was pretty rough. Perhaps it was just easier to take, due to being mentally prepared back in MN.
Grew up in N WI. Went to college at the U. Coldest winter I ever spent was in the woods of Quantico. About 20-25 at night and wet. Yuck.

my updated depth chart.....
1-Mitchell
2-Christie, Carrington
3-JOJ, Betts
4-Garcia, Ihnen
5-Payne, Fox

give me another guard that can push both mitchell/Christie and the idea of playing 3 guards(like bens first year)
a 3rd guard for depth
a solid back up center
a big wing(3) type. especially if we cant get another high end guard to push the agenda
Word is the Gophers have set up hospital beds in the Barn locker room for Fox and Ihnen...just in case.

Top Bottom