Mitchell commits!!

From watching the highlight reels, he looks quicker than Cooper and a little less flat footed on his jumpers.

What we got out of Cooper was about what I expected, he even scored a little more than I thought he would. He averaged more PPG in the B1G than he did in the Ohio Valley.
His defense was God awful. Hopefully Mitchell is much better.

Thought you were comparing Cooper at Morehead State to Mitchell at Pepperdine. I'm higher on Mitchell given his competition level coming in.

I agree that the WCC is a little tougher competition, but Mitchell was the 4th leading scorer on a 9 win, last place team. Cooper was the 4th leading scorer on a 3rd place, 23 win Morehead State team.

I wanted Cooper to stay and add 2-3 more quicker guards next to him, so I at least see Mitchell as a replacement for him.

And not to mention a 44% volume 3-pt shooter...
Looks like he does most of his damage from the perimeter- he did not make many trips to the FT line...but I am pretty excited to get the kid on board!!

It's a good start. I like him better than Cooper and the big key is that he should actually have some other transfer guards coming in to help him out.

2 years to play.

Very Cooper esque, but a better FT shooter.
Mitchell's stats are better across the board and all of his stats improved from freshmen to sophomore year. Cooper seemed to regress in some categories. At worst an even trade.

Mitchell
1680111564845.png
Cooper

1680111594372.png

Last edited:

Cooper averaging 6 assist passing to the gophers was arguably the most impressive stat on our team this year.
His assist average would have been off the charts if he was surrounded by guys who could shoot. Was hoping Cooper would stick around but wasn't in the cards I guess.

Mitchell looks like a solid replacement for him, will be interesting to see how the other spots shake out.

I agree that the WCC is a little tougher competition, but Mitchell was the 4th leading scorer on a 9 win, last place team. Cooper was the 4th leading scorer on a 3rd place, 23 win Morehead State team.

I wanted Cooper to stay and add 2-3 more quicker guards next to him, so I at least see Mitchell as a replacement for him.

I understand those concerns. I just think Mitchell had a higher ceiling. The WCC is a pretty big upgrade over the OVC. Also their HC has had a pretty good eye on getting talented players. I think this is a nice get, and will likely be the starter.

His assist average would have been off the charts if he was surrounded by guys who could shoot. Was hoping Cooper would stick around but wasn't in the cards I guess.

Mitchell looks like a solid replacement for him, will be interesting to see how the other spots shake out.
Right. Imagine kicking the ball to capable shooters. When your team is near the bottom in the country in shooting %--assists are harder to come by.

That probably just became a bit tougher but that would be a hell of a 1-2 accomplishment. The kid from Charleston Southern who said he planned to visit the school might be as good of an addition.
I think you can sell to a potential PG that we can play Mitchell with another PG because Mitchell can shoot the 3 so well. I think that the disservice we did to Cooper and Battle was play them so many minutes. Spread the time around a little more among a better guard crew. They have fresher legs, shoot better and play D better.

Now we need a backup PG.

I’d take King, Holloman, the SD kid or the guy from Providence Ben tried to recruit.

Secretly, the Coyote and his shooting are my current favorite. Plus, he has the same knee brace as me.

That probably just became a bit tougher but that would be a hell of a 1-2 accomplishment. The kid from Charleston Southern who said he planned to visit the school might be as good of an addition.
Something about that Jackson kid seems special. But any guard would do 😂. I prefer 2 more tbh. Can never have to much

Top Bottom