Minnesota football will be without 20 players tonight against Purdue

Guys we know are out:

Dunlap
Faalele
Teague (haven't heard anything, but haven't seen him all year)
Schad (covid)
Oliver
St-Juste (covid)

I might've missed someone. But that's 6 right there.

In looking at this all, there is clearly something else that people don't know as the betting line has also swung to now favoring MN by 2.5
Very odd. Purdue by 3 this morning. I guess they have some out too.

I do not believe this is 20 additional new players out for COVID and injuries (on top of who we already knew were out).

I'm almost positive this includes Big Dan, Oliver, Dunlap, Teague, St Juste, etc. No way we'd be playing if it was 20 brand-new players out

I do not believe this is 20 additional new players out for COVID and injuries (on top of who we already knew were out).

I'm almost positive this includes Big Dan, Oliver, Dunlap, Teague, St Juste, etc. No way we'd be playing if it was 20 brand-new players out
You'd have to imagine it was a position group that got hit. Now it's just a question of which one it was. With Calahan testing positive, makes me worried it's a slough of the OL, which in that case this screams of being horribly unsafe (obviously this if just conjecture/worry)

You'd have to imagine it was a position group that got hit. Now it's just a question of which one it was. With Calahan testing positive, makes me worried it's a slough of the OL, which in that case this screams of being horribly unsafe (obviously this if just conjecture/worry)

I thought there were rules about if a position group (like OL) is impacted too much, they will call off the game? Maybe that was a different conference or the NFL, but def saw that out there

Will see what happens tonight. Doesn't make any sense at all to me.

giphy.gif

So it could be 15 injuries and 5 COVID cases?
Indeed. Or 1 COVID case, and 19 injuries, Or 2 COVID cases, and 18 injuries. Or 3 COVID cases, and 17 injuries. Or 4 COVID cases, and 16 injuries. Or 6 COVID cases, and 14 injuries. Or 7 COVID cases, and 13 injuries. Or 8 COVID cases, and 12 injuries. Or 9 COVID cases, and 11 injuries. Or 10 COVID cases, and 10 injuries. Or 11 COVID cases, and 9 injuries. Or 12 COVID cases, and 8 injuries. Or 13 COVID cases, and 7 injuries. Or 14 COVID cases, and 6 injuries. Or 15 COVID cases, and 5 injuries. Or 16 COVID cases, and 4 injuries. Or 17 COVID cases, and 3 injuries. Or 18 COVID cases, and 2 injuries. Or 19 COVID cases, and 1 injury.
On the other hand, it could be 20 COVID cases and no injuries...or zero COVID cases and all injuries. I'm not sure.

With St-Juste and Schad already known out for covid (last week), I wouldn't be surprised if more DB and DL ended up registering positive tests after the Iowa game. It takes some people longer to start testing positive.

Could be OL too, with Callahan. Or maybe they start appearing more next week.

Next week could be in jeopardy.

that's why I brought it up. It's now MN -1. So guessing money now pouring back in on Purdue.
This line has been CRAZY!

• Opened at PU -2.5 and quickly moved to -3.0, then slowly drifted to -1.5
  • Over 80% of spread bets were on PU until today, when huge amounts of money came in on MN
  • That caused the line to swing to MN -2.5, which is a huge adjustment in such a short time
  • That COVID/Injury news broke and the line is now PU -1.5 (or more in some places), but money has continued coming in on MN to the point it's now close to 50/50 (the Vegas dream). Somebody has confidence in MN, but it sure ain't me lol...

This line has been CRAZY!

• Opened at PU -2.5 and quickly moved to -3.0, then slowly drifted to -1.5
  • Over 80% of spread bets were on PU until today, when huge amounts of money came in on MN
  • That caused the line to swing to MN -2.5, which is a huge adjustment in such a short time
  • That COVID/Injury news broke and the line is now PU -1.5 (or more in some places), but money has continued coming in on MN to the point it's now close to 50/50 (the Vegas dream). Somebody has confidence in MN, but it sure ain't me lol...
yup. I voided my +120 on the Gophers to win by 2.5 as soon as I could. When the number is that high and you could miss any player (Morgan, Bateman, Mo), I have zero confidence

so does any insider have any idea about who the 20 are?

This year has officially become a throwaway.....Feel bad for Bateman...
Next year will be make or break for the program as far as trajectory.

HAHAHA.

Dude, get a grip.

1. Bateman is going to be fine. He is going to be a first-rounder and likely set for life. He is also doing something he wanted to this year and spending time with his boys. He said he was miserable being on his own just training.

2. Next year is not "make or break". Yeah, we want to bounce back. But it's not like if we don't have a 10-win season in 2021 that everything is lost

Wait, not to panic, PJ is playing mind games and he will suit up himself and lead a complete team onto the field.

HAHAHA.

Dude, get a grip.

1. Bateman is going to be fine. He is going to be a first-rounder and likely set for life. He is also doing something he wanted to this year and spending time with his boys. He said he was miserable being on his own just training.

2. Next year is not "make or break". Yeah, we want to bounce back. But it's not like if we don't have a 10-win season in 2021 that everything is lost
And if Bateman gets covid or hurt????
Did I say 10 Ws?.......If they win 3-4 games next year, the program will have lost all the momentum PJ has gained and will be an afterthought again to casual MN sports fans.

Top Bottom