Mike Sanford hired as OC @ Colorado (who apparently have no idea what they are doing)

Sanford play calling gets his QB's killed by blind side blitzes. He is an awful O-Coordinator. You CU will be lucky to have any healthy QB's left.
hes sucks at oc but the blind side blitz is on the qb or a missed assignment by an Olineman

Hi, friends. Colorado fan here. We all appreciated your sympathies when Dorrell decided to hire Sanford as his OC.

Thought you would get a kick out of this tweet. We sure did.

Thanks for sharing, and sorry that you have to suffer through his coaching. What’s the bigger issue this year for CU, offense or defense? Any chance one or both coordinators get cut loose mid-season?

It is becoming more obvious by the week that the Gophers should have enjoyed a similar season last year, as they are having this year.

The Gophers finished 2021 regular season at 8-4. Of the four losses, one was expected (Ohio State), two were unexpected and totally can be pinned on the dysfunctional OC (Bowling Green, Illinois), and one was a statistical mauling of Iowa but a frustrating loss. With a more functional offense, it is easy to assume the Gophers would have topped Iowa on the scoreboard.

So, 8-4 should have been 10-2 or even 11-1 and a west division title. There was no one person more responsible for the disappointment than Sanford. He came to MN after developing a reputation as a “quarterback killer” and he proceeded to do the same thing here. Tanner Morgan looked like a different player.

And Colorado took all that in and decided… “Sanford is our guy”.

It is becoming more obvious by the week that the Gophers should have enjoyed a similar season last year, as they are having this year.

The Gophers finished 2021 regular season at 8-4. Of the four losses, one was expected (Ohio State), two were unexpected and totally can be pinned on the dysfunctional OC (Bowling Green, Illinois), and one was a statistical mauling of Iowa but a frustrating loss. With a more functional offense, it is easy to assume the Gophers would have topped Iowa on the scoreboard.

So, 8-4 should have been 10-2 or even 11-1 and a west division title. There was no one person more responsible for the disappointment than Sanford. He came to MN after developing a reputation as a “quarterback killer” and he proceeded to do the same thing here. Tanner Morgan looked like a different player.

Totally agree but I bet Sanford wasn’t originally high on their list but rather the highest one willing to take the job.

Let's says we beat Illinois, BG and maybe Iowa. I doubt Fleck fires Sanford. So it may just have been what we needed

Totally agree but I bet Sanford wasn’t originally high on their list but rather the highest one willing to take the job.
You don't think Matt Simon would have taken it? He was obviously in charge near the end of the season when our offensive looked better.

You don't think Matt Simon would have taken it? He was obviously in charge near the end of the season when our offensive looked better.
Are you arguing that Simon would have taken the Colorado job? I don't think anyone wanted that job with Dorrell looking dead in the water.

Are you arguing that Simon would have taken the Colorado job? I don't think anyone wanted that job with Dorrell looking dead in the water.
No. I think I misunderstood the poster and I thought he meant Fleck had to take Sanford because he couldn't get anyone else. If the poster meant Colorado had to take Sanford, then I rescind my post.

Thanks for sharing, and sorry that you have to suffer through his coaching. What’s the bigger issue this year for CU, offense or defense? Any chance one or both coordinators get cut loose mid-season?
Dorrell is terrible. Easily the worst HC in college football. So the worst coach in the world with a terrible offense goes and hires the worst offensive coordinator in the world to fix his offense. Seriously, you couldn't make this stuff up. Meanwhile, our defense is also the worst in the world. The worst HC starts meddling with the worst OC's offense, so the worst OC likes a tweet suggesting that the worst HC should be fired. Highest level of disfunction possible. On a side note, the worst athletic director in the world gave the worst coach in the world (who no one wanted when he was hired) a fully guaranteed contract. So it will cost some serious coin for the worst AD to can the worst HC.

Dorrell is terrible. Easily the worst HC in college football. So the worst coach in the world with a terrible offense goes and hires the worst offensive coordinator in the world to fix his offense. Seriously, you couldn't make this stuff up. Meanwhile, our defense is also the worst in the world. The worst HC starts meddling with the worst OC's offense, so the worst OC likes a tweet suggesting that the worst HC should be fired. Highest level of disfunction possible. On a side note, the worst athletic director in the world gave the worst coach in the world (who no one wanted when he was hired) a fully guaranteed contract. So it will cost some serious coin for the worst AD to can the worst HC.
Welcome. Your comments remind me of me at certain times in various Minnesota sports.

What I think is, the same people telling opposing coaches what Herm Edwards was going to do are doing the same for Sanford. "Hey!, He's going to run up the middle a lot and then pass on 3rd and long".

It sounds like 6 wrongs don’t make a right. Hopefully you make it out of the tunnel soon!

Interesting that CU and Georgia Tech once shared a title a few decades ago, both are about as low as they’ve been since that point.

...and Mike Sanford is now the Buffs Interim Head Coach.
Logical as he is the closest thing to an outsider taking over there can be.

Good luck to him.
I think he was bad an im glad we moved on from him here but I also think he wasn’t as bad as some would argue

Good luck to him.
I think he was bad an im glad we moved on from him here but I also think he wasn’t as bad as some would argue
I agree that he was the most logical choice.

Good luck to him.
He was a good run game coach but had no clue how to develop a passing game to complement it.

He was a good run game coach but had no clue how to develop a passing game to complement it.
I think he is a really bad QB coach. And I think that’s the root of his issues more than play calling or anything else. His QBs just always look indecisive and late.

Top Bottom