Mike Max: ‘Auburn’s Speed Might Be A Little Bit Much’; biggest problem "self doubt about do we belong with the big boys"

Do real, native-born southerners actually use "y'all" (spelled out, exactly that way) constantly, when they post????

I doubt it.

I'm thinking you're a bit of a phony, my friend. I think you're yet another in a long line of mom's basement trolls, from right here in KFAN-land.

Woodbury? Osseo? Maple Grove? Some outer-ring suburb of the Twin Cities metro, I'm guessing...
Dang Murray, you must be spot on. I posted earlier that he was acting like a gloating Wisconsin fan and I bet he is. My guess is he's a transplant living in the city, or across the border in Hudson or Sommerset yet works in the metro.

The media? lol I'm still not sure why ya'll think this game won't be over before halftime when outside Poo U.., ya'll did nothing. It's not like you went toe to toe all season long with the LSU's, the Alabama's, the Florida's or the Georgia's of the world. Rutger's probably hardened ya'll though! :ROFLMAO::coffee:

ya’ll. Nice touch. I am guessing you might know a bit about “ya’ll did nothing”.

Dang Murray, you must be spot on. I posted earlier that he was acting like a gloating Wisconsin fan and I bet he is. My guess is he's a transplant living in the city, or across the border in Hudson or Sommerset yet works in the metro.
Yep, Murray nailed it. I’m disappointed - my cynical nature usually picks up on this type of stuff right away.

Considering Auburn lost to three of the 4 teams you mentioned, I'm not sure what your point is.

Tell us: were the Tigers "hardened" (ahem!) in their big win against Arkansas?
Auburn beat Alabama and Oregon and lost to LSU by only 3 points; I'd say they are battle-tested.

Good job Murray!
You were born at night but it was not last night...

Auburn beat Alabama and Oregon and lost to LSU by only 3 points; I'd say they are battle-tested.
Naw, we's just weak sauce if you all, yall, u'all, ya'll, y'all listen to the liberal, yankee, rocket geniuses on this blog. We'd get housed by Wisconsin...even at home, and no telling what a power like Ahia State would do to us lil ole bumpkins.....oh wait :love: And that PSUe D.....we'd be shut down to negative yards and goose eggs on the score board!

Naw, we's just weak sauce if you all, yall, u'all, ya'll, y'all listen to the liberal, yankee, rocket geniuses on this blog. We'd get housed by Wisconsin...even at home, and no telling what a power like Ahia State would do to us lil ole bumpkins.....oh wait :love: And that PSUe D.....we'd be shut down to negative yards and goose eggs on the score board!

'Ahia State'.... indicates you're definitely a KFAN listener.

It's germane only to whatever that it? Y'a'l'l are slick!

Hey, I'm not the one pretending to be a southerner; that would be you — or should I say "y'all"? Maybe you're from southern Wisconsin, eh?

A troll is a troll is a troll...

A question for any (authentic) southerners:

Which regions do and do not usually use 'y'all'?

Example: I've spent a fair amount of time in Texas, yet I can't recall ever hearing it used there.
I have lived in the Houston area for about 38 years of my 54 on this earth and I can confirm that "y'all" is used all day every day down here. the other word used constantly is "fixing" as in ....
Yall fixin to eat?

"Y'all" is just part of the vernacular here in Texas.

Mike (whiney) Max is nothing but a University of Minnesota backstabber. I can personally say that I have heard him do this at a Michigan game in Ann Arbor a few years back. I walked up to him and asked if he was a Gopher fan or not...he wouldn't answer.

If you can stand his whiney voice on the radio then you are special. I wouldn't trust him one bit. He's nothing but a fake.

Mike (whiney) Max is nothing but a University of Minnesota backstabber. I can personally say that I have heard him do this at a Michigan game in Ann Arbor a few years back. I walked up to him and asked if he was a Gopher fan or not...he wouldn't answer.

If you can stand his whiney voice on the radio then you are special. I wouldn't trust him one bit. He's nothing but a fake.

Mike Max is the dumbest tool in Minnesota.

I'm surprised that Mike Max was able to go the length of this article without changing the subject to Mike Max.

If the Gophers win its going to help recruitment and probably how they're perceived in the media going forward. Auburn is an elite team in my opinion on par with the top 5 in the country. Their losses were almost as impressive as their 9 wins, i.e., they lost to LSU by 3 pts, in Baton Rouge.

And among the wins: Alabama and Oregon.

And among the wins: Alabama and Oregon.

What was Alabama's signature victory this year? A 7-5 Tennesee team? 8-5 Texas A&M?

I think Oregon is a good team and I think Auburn is a very good team this year, not sure Alabama is anything to write home about this year.

Auburn played a great schedule this year, played 6 top 20 teams, but they lost 3 of those and I would argue Alabama is a top 20 team based on previous years performance.

We played only three top 20 teams and lost two and won 1, pretty similar seasons looking at the top end games.

What was Alabama's signature victory this year? A 7-5 Tennesee team? 8-5 Texas A&M?

I think Oregon is a good team and I think Auburn is a very good team this year, not sure Alabama is anything to write home about this year.

Auburn played a great schedule this year, played 6 top 20 teams, but they lost 3 of those and I would argue Alabama is a top 20 team based on previous years performance.

We played only three top 20 teams and lost two and won 1, pretty similar seasons looking at the top end games.
Isn't Alabama ranked #13 right now?

Auburn class ranking on 247 from 2015-2019: 8th, 9th, 9th, 12th, 11th.
So about top 10 average, which is pretty solid but much lower than the Bama, Clemson, Ohio St rankings.

Either way the gophers have to play with intensity on the lines or our skilled players won't have a chance.

Well, Ohio State may have about as much talent as Auburn but not the other teams you mentioned, particularly Wisconsin. Auburn's recruiting classes are regularly ranked in the top 5 nationally, not quite as laden with 5 starers as Clemson or Alabama, but pretty close.

The media? lol I'm still not sure why ya'll think this game won't be over before halftime when outside Poo U.., ya'll did nothing. It's not like you went toe to toe all season long with the LSU's, the Alabama's, the Florida's or the Georgia's of the world. Rutger's probably hardened ya'll though! :ROFLMAO::coffee:

I just hope your team shares your low esteem for ours.

We'll soon find out if recruiting talent level does matter.

I am glad Steveable was banned, I feel dumber having read his posts.

sending him home increased the average IQ for both our site and the war eagles Site.

“I think the biggest problem the Gophers might have going into this is the little bit of self doubt about do we belong with the big boys” - of all the things that he could have said, he had to say this.

Common Max, I get it. You are part of the "I told you so" crowd. Please say something positive or don't say anything. How do you know that they have self-doubt?

A lot of people THINK he’s a pompous idiot who doesn’t know squat. It’s great though when he opens his mouth and ENDS ANY DOUBT!

I find it hard to listen to Max. He has a certain air about him and has been very politely negative against the Gophers. It's all about him.

Top Bottom