Mic'd Up

Based on this video, my intuition tells me that Ben plans on having Ihnen/JOJ play at the 3. I'm guessing the depth chart right now (assuming everyone is healthy) is likely as follows:

PG - Hawkins/Mitchell
SG - Carrington/Christie
SF - JOJ/Ihnen/Ramberg
PF - Garcia/Betts/Keinys
C - Payne/Fox/Wilson
Why you guys like Carrington so much escapes me.

Hawkins and Mitchell shoot better from deep.

Interesting how in the second video Ihnen is on the end with the guards.

So, wouldn’t be surprised to see him or JoJ starting at the three.

The starting 2 guard is probably going to be Mitchell unless Christie/Carrington prove they belong in practice as I believe Hawkins is the better ball handler and has more speed. Would be really nice to see the offense get started earlier in the shot clock.

So,
Hawkins
Mitchell
Ihnen/JoJ
Garcia
Payne

It’s nice we have options to actually have discussions on who May start.

Ihnen looks like a leader, he’s my sf in the clubhouse. Only concern was his deferring to JoJ for the dunk off the backboard, maybe he is just being cautious!

with the videos they're putting out, it's nice to get a sense of the personalities. JOJ seems like a fun guy - and as noted in the video, the dude has got some hops. also like seeing him hit some 3's. if he can give them minutes at SF, that could really help depending on the matchups.

with the videos they're putting out, it's nice to get a sense of the personalities. JOJ seems like a fun guy - and as noted in the video, the dude has got some hops. also like seeing him hit some 3's. if he can give them minutes at SF, that could really help depending on the matchups.
I have very high expectations for JOJ this year. He always played with high intensity and was underrated with his offensive play around the hoop. He seems to have good instincts and a knack for banging in the post.

He's a freak athlete, and his jump shot has always looked smooth. He was starting to hit some threes at the end of the year, and his stroke looks very nice in these short clips.

I think he is a dark horse to be one of the best all-around players on the team, especially with his versatility defensively. I hope he continues to be aggressive in the lane offensively and can make open jump shots when they present themselves.

I have very high expectations for JOJ this year. He always played with high intensity and was underrated with his offensive play around the hoop. He seems to have good instincts and a knack for banging in the post.

He's a freak athlete, and his jump shot has always looked smooth. He was starting to hit some threes at the end of the year, and his stroke looks very nice in these short clips.

I think he is a dark horse to be one of the best all-around players on the team, especially with his versatility defensively. I hope he continues to be aggressive in the lane offensively and can make open jump shots when they present themselves.
Yuppers👍

He shot 50% from 3 the last third of the season IIRC from the stats @matt posted.
He was gaining more confidence and in his MN HS bucket days he could just abuse people in the paint - I bet those would have been fun games to watch!

Yuppers👍

He shot 50% from 3 the last third of the season IIRC from the stats @matt posted.
He was gaining more confidence and in his MN HS bucket days he could just abuse people in the paint - I bet those would have been fun games to watch!
Carrington also shot 50% threes the last 5 games. We are real this year.

I have Oladipo-like hopes for JOJ. It would be awesome for him to continue to grow into his current role and then be the all-around player we have lacked over the years. Do it all JOJ!

Who is 55?? Went over to gophersports.com and didn't see that jersey

Ok normally I don’t care what others think… but as absurd as it sounds I’d like to follow up my off the cuff hopes and dreams with some stats. I will be the first to admit it has a LOT to do with them having OLA in their names. Then again… freak athletes with above avg wingspan (had to include that ;-) for you regulars on here) for their heights.

Oladipo - 10/11 Freshman season 7.4 PPG, 3.7 REB, 0.9 AST, 0.612 FT% (increased to 75% as a Sophomore), 0.308 3PT%

JOJ - 22/23 Freshman season 7.4 PPG, 2.7 REB, 0.4 AST, 0.571 FT%, 0.381 3PT%

Of course development does matter and it’s unlikely JOJ ever plays meaningful minutes in the NBA. Nevertheless it seems to me to be a reasonably fun comp on a Gopher message board.

Reader is 6'8'' so maybe that is his now. Seems like a tall white boy...Def not Cooper lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230719-134429_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20230719-134429_Instagram.jpg
    334.5 KB · Views: 9

Ok normally I don’t care what others think… but as absurd as it sounds I’d like to follow up my off the cuff hopes and dreams with some stats. I will be the first to admit it has a LOT to do with them having OLA in their names. Then again… freak athletes with above avg wingspan (had to include that ;-) for you regulars on here) for their heights.

Oladipo - 10/11 Freshman season 7.4 PPG, 3.7 REB, 0.9 AST, 0.612 FT% (increased to 75% as a Sophomore), 0.308 3PT%

JOJ - 22/23 Freshman season 7.4 PPG, 2.7 REB, 0.4 AST, 0.571 FT%, 0.381 3PT%

Of course development does matter and it’s unlikely JOJ ever plays meaningful minutes in the NBA. Nevertheless it seems to me to be a reasonably fun comp on a Gopher message board.

I can understand where you're coming from when you're looking at statistics and that they were both 3* recruits with explosive jumping ability, but they are entirely different players.

Oladipo was always a legitimate guard who had elite athleticism for that position, and took time to develop into a well rounded basketball player. He was also immediately a great defender because of his athleticism.

JOJ is an elite jumper, but I wouldn't call him a freak athlete. He was a 6'6" (generous) center last season because he lacks the lateral quickness and speed to defend guards and wings who are similar in size.

JOJ is more comparable as an athlete to Jordan Murphy, with a better shooting stroke, but without the rebounding ability. 2.7 RPG is not good when you're playing down low, Oladipo averaged a full rebound more as a guard his freshman year, plus JOJ was not a good defender last season.

I like JOJ as instant offense off the bench, but he has a long ways to go to prove he can play the 3, let alone defend players at that position, and size and athleticism are the two main reasons why.

Not "mic'd up," but the mic is still picking up stuff

This team is loaded with impact bigs. Would love to see the guard play when contact scrimmages begin. We know Carrington’s lights are on.

They are confident. They went through hell last year. They know this year will be way different. They are having fun too.

First time I have seen someone shoot bank shots since Tim Duncan left the game. 🤔😏

I would like to be quite confident in him backing up Payne.

Top Bottom