Mic'd Up

Glad they ran Zay first. Might be the last we see him on the court. Howdy has it going on. Maybe we get Parker next week if he lasts that long.

Who was it that did the windmill dunk at the end? Ihnen looks like he has some pipes on him now.

Based on this video, my intuition tells me that Ben plans on having Ihnen/JOJ play at the 3. I'm guessing the depth chart right now (assuming everyone is healthy) is likely as follows:

PG - Hawkins/Mitchell
SG - Carrington/Christie
SF - JOJ/Ihnen/Ramberg
PF - Garcia/Betts/Keinys
C - Payne/Fox/Wilson

Based on this video, my intuition tells me that Ben plans on having Ihnen/JOJ play at the 3. I'm guessing the depth chart right now (assuming everyone is healthy) is likely as follows:

PG - Hawkins/Mitchell
SG - Carrington/Christie
SF - JOJ/Ihnen/Ramberg
PF - Garcia/Betts/Keinys
C - Payne/Fox/Wilson
Funny stuff. I suppose there should be times they are on the floor together. You gave us the weakest 3 imaginable and screwed up guard pairings. You must really want us to lose. Losing to fire the coach! Sad.

PG - Hawkins/Mitchell
SG - Carrington/Christie
SF - JOJ/Ihnen/Ramberg
PF - Garcia/Betts/Keinys
C - Payne/Fox/Wilson
Didn't they already announce that Fox won't be ready by the start of the season? Also Hawkins over Mitchell would be a surprise...

Didn't they already announce that Fox won't be ready by the start of the season? Also Hawkins over Mitchell would be a surprise...
PG could probably go either way, l would probably start Mitchell since he is larger and has more options on defense

Funny stuff. I suppose there should be times they are on the floor together. You gave us the weakest 3 imaginable and screwed up guard pairings. You must really want us to lose. Losing to fire the coach! Sad.
It's a hypothetical depth chart based on pure speculation from a short workout video. Chill out lmao I'm just trying to create discussion. You could counter with your depth chart if you like.

Very encouraging video! If Ihnen can be healthy and as relaxed as he is in this video he could be our secret weapon.
Ola Joseph gets his stroke consistent and he can shoot 3's. Some of them have a very pretty stroke...others he's finishing with right side push follow through.
Ihnen is the wild card!!

Only 125 days until the official start.

Very encouraging video! If Ihnen can be healthy and as relaxed as he is in this video he could be our secret weapon.
Ola Joseph gets his stroke consistent and he can shoot 3's. Some of them have a very pretty stroke...others he's finishing with right side push follow through.
Ihnen is the wild card!!

Only 125 days until the official start.
Yes, he is and he isn’t the only one.

Christie already has some pipes on him....
Getting in basketball shape too. He was exhausted in the video. Practicing with the men like Betts did last year. I would love to see what’s going on in the other 2 groups.

Last edited:

Based on the couple of videos that have been posted, no dad bods this year.

The coaches have the right guys to work with, finally. Although we added 4 brand spanking new 40% 3 pointers and will see improvement in those returning I believe our biggest improvement will be defense. Rebounding too. I am hopeful for drastic FT shooting improvement.

Our entire coaching staff has been underestimated. They lost everyone in year 1 and started rebuilding with freshmen last year. They return all the highest value players and have had time to work with them. This year will shock many. Our coaches are skilled and will start producing this year. Go Gophers!

Last edited:

Getting in basketball shape too. He was exhausted in the video. Practicing with the men like Betts did last year. I would love to see what’s going on in the other 2 groups.
3s don’t drop when you are exhausted. You don’t drive to the bucket either. You stand around and pass the ball or take bad shots. Prone to injury too. Get in game shape, have team depth, and freely substitution. No one but Garcia should see 30 minutes and that’s it for him. Worried about center. Wilson better finally find his game. The new roster has him down 55 pounds to 290. Athletic with good feet and handle. I really want to see him dunking on Edney. BTW, Payne is really really looking good too.

Last edited:

Based on the couple of videos that have been posted, no dad bods this year.
We are seeing 3 groups developing on court leaders as well. I hope the new guards are assimilating into a new and winning and become backcourt leaders. I like what I see from Carrington as a young leader. I also respect his 50% 3 point shooting the last 5 games. Wilkins brings in 46.6% 3 point shooting from last year. Mitchell 44%. Christie was chosen as one of four in the national 3 point shooting contest. Garcia needs to bring it up from 36%.

Last edited:

Top Bottom